Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Gundolph, Mar 27, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thoughts go out to the families at this time

2. Hear Hear - Many condolences to them and best wishes to Families of all the guys out there but especially those from the Corps.

Lets hope everyone else comes home safely
  3. Ditto the above.
  4. Our thoughts go out to their family and friends.

Lets hope there's a swift and safe return for the rest of the chaps and chapesses out there.

5. Early news reports of another Sapper death yesterday.

Thoughts are with the family
  6. Thanks Gundolph - hadn't seen that on the news -  The news from the MOD website (  )  is:

A soldier was killed in southern Iraq on 31 March during an explosive ordnance disposal operation. His family have been informed.

Huge condolences to the family, friends and colleagues.
  7. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Condolences to the families.  I hope they can take some comfort, no matter how small that the men died doing a good and necessary job.
  8. I wholly understand the flavour of last post as this thread is generally read by Sappers and hence we are keen for any news about guys we may know.  However, I believe the UK EOD (incl RLC) is all under command 33 EOD.  Hence this is likely to have directly impacted mates and coleagues from the corps.

Their war role has become considerably more significant since GW1 and they play a key part in protecting infra and personnel from harm.  They do therefore play a vital but risky role and I echo the hope that the importance of the job does ease the pain for those who have lost loved ones.

Condolences to anyone touched by this such as family, friends, work mates and those who have to pass on the news.   Our thoughts are with you!
  9. Gundolph - Just re-read my post (and followed the link in yours) and suspect my reply looks arsey - Apologies - wasn't meant to be.

Good article on the BBC which does the man justice.

For anyone who hasn't found it yet, there is an MOD link to the official list of confirmed casualties to date at