CONDO - Contractors on Deployed Operations

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by FatBoyGeorge, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right then, I currently work for Openreach which is part of the BT Group and we are facing enforced changes in our contracts similar to the Post Office. Except we have chosen to accept the changes and not to whine about it like little bitches. Secure the future of the company and our jobs etc...

Even so, 9000 of us are facing the prospect of being sold off to a contract supplier. Now I don't particularly fancy working for Telent so I've applied for voluntary redundancy which will take effect probably on 31st December 2009. My choice to do so as I already have got an alternate career choice in the pipeline.

The problem I'm faced with is that my future career choice wont kick in until August next year at the earliest so I need to fill the gap with a job of some sort. Working overseas chasing the money for a few months is definitely an option, including CONDO.

I've done some searching on the www but have come up short. I know the likes of Thales employ in Afghanistan but I cannot find anything that says they do so or how you go about making enquiries.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edited to change the title.
  2. You could try Paradigm - who provide a lot of the UK telco assistance. But they lost a lot of spaces when TELIC drew down, so they may not need contractors at the moment. In Basrah they used contractors to cover for their permies R&R etc.

Oh, and it's CONDO, no 'R'
  3. What about them Turner guys are they still about ? 2 things in life I wont do, sleep near open water and drink with them again