Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Condi In Moscow Tells Putin To Scram

By Saul Hudson

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Tuesday called the Kremlin's tight grip on power and the media "very worrying" and urged Russian President Vladimir Putin not to cling on to power beyond his present term.

For the sake of the world I am far more worried about Bush's tight grip on power and would much rather see him ousted..

What an odd statement pomp. You favor a former KGB thug to Bush ? That would be like saying you preferred Gerry Adams to Blair. But then again you probably do.

Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
From Reuters.

Sec of State Condoleezza Rice, in a visit to Russia, declared that she found the efforts of President Vladimir Putin to accumulate additional power "very worrying."

She urged him "not to cling to power beyond his present term."

"Rice Attacks Putin Over Grip On Power, Media" by Saul Hudson. 19 April 2005
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=politicsNews&storyID=8227402

You heard the lady, Vladmo.

Now beat it.

Hi!

Rating of mr.Putin goes lower and lower. Last poll of Russian MoD (classified soon) shows that only 20% officers approve recent monetisation of natural benefits (as local transport and housing).

My uncle worked 53 years on very big nuclear plant near Tomsk. He is local head of party of pensioners and organised demonstration aganst policy of Putin's government. There was huge wave of demonstrations of pensioners across Russia. Pensioners think that Putin robbed them. My father, former colonel of KGB stays on anti-Putin positions. Also, my brother lt.colonel (strategic nuclear missiles) strongly dislike (softly speaking) mr.Putin.

In this context, words of ms.Rice are words of martian. There is no problem with 'freedom of speech', with access to information, to news. For example almost any Russian can hear BBC-Russian (along with Voice of America or CIA-sponsored Radio Freedom). State-run TV-5 brodcasts 5 hours per day Euro-news. And Russian TV is very informative, believe me.

Pompey_Jock said:
By Saul Hudson

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Tuesday called the Kremlin's tight grip on power and the media "very worrying" and urged Russian President Vladimir Putin not to cling on to power beyond his present term.

For the sake of the world I am far more worried about Bush's tight grip on power and would much rather see him ousted..

Well said the guys a proper belend . Him and his "Democracy to the world!!! " As long as its American Democracy (And oil rights for halli burton)
finger.gif

Pompey_Jock said:
By Saul Hudson

Hey, you may not like W but at least he runs a democratic country where the people elect their president and there is a limit on how long he/she can serve. Therefore W can only serve for two terms before leaving office. Thus ensuring that no one individual can hold on to power.

I wish we had that rule! :roll:

tomahawk6 said:
What an odd statement pomp. You favor a former KGB thug to Bush ? That would be like saying you preferred Gerry Adams to Blair. But then again you probably do.

Yes and No and b@llocks.

Agent_Smith said:
Pompey_Jock said:
By Saul Hudson

Hey, you may not like W but at least he runs a democratic country where the people elect their president and there is a limit on how long he/she can serve. Therefore W can only serve for two terms before leaving office. Thus ensuring that no one individual can hold on to power.

I wish we had that rule! :roll:

Ah! Spam democracy; money, money, money; as the sexy Swedes would have it.

American democracy? What an interesting concept. I doubt it'll ever catch on though!!

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can fool americans all of the time :D :D

Agent_Smith said:
very witty sergey! :D

Now can you turn your hand to some of our alternative election posters?

A_S

Some of them (posters) are superb. Also, the list is too long. I'm not sure that this is not mentioned
edmatts372.jpg

Left: Conservative candidate Ed Matts with Ann Widdecombe protesting in support of the Kacheps family, who were facing deportation.
Right: The same picture, doctored to support the party line, on Mr Matts' election leaflet.