Condensed MOD2 Officer Training Courses

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by theheartbreakkid, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all,

Does anyone know of any OTW/OTCs running a condensed MOD2 course in April/May/June?

Many Thanks,

HBK.

2. Many Thanks. They seem to be very thin on the ground. With most OTWs/UOTCs only running one or maybe two MOD2/3s a year, and only two summer TACCs, I have no idea how the shortage of TA officers is going to be addressed - big trouble emerging in future years I suspect...

3. msr

msr LE

Future years...?

4. Looks like with the changing role/focus of OTCs, condensed MOD 2's are going to be getting thinner and thinner on the ground. There's now very specific focus on only recruiting those looking to pursue a commission, and TAPOs join on with an OTC at the start of the training year (ie October for an OTC due to the uni term/year dates), and complete a full MOD2 course with them. You may well have missed the boat for a TACC this summer. Look forward to joining in with the OTCs though, lots of ladies who are very enthusiastic... Or so I've been told.
    J

5. Speak to your unit about TACC+, if you're working then they may let you do the MOD 2 only.

6. I heard that there is going to be a TACC plus course being run at 'hurst for 8 weeks. This will comprise of Mods 2&3 bolting onto the front of the normal TACC course. Seems like they've had enough of brigade summer leader courses aimed at pushing people through and would rather keep it RMAS based. This is only hearsay as I'm no longer in the TA/OTC environment

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. This is second hand info but I understand Birmingham UOTC are doing one starting on 6th April.

8. NWOTR have a condensed Mod2+3 running 28Jun - 26Jul

PoC is LiverpoolOTC-RSM@mod.uk/ 0161 255 3235. Might be able to wiggle yourself onto just the Mod2. Much more likely than slotting onto TACC+.