Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I have been watching Daily Politics and various other news and political discussion programme and nearly every MP stands up and says something like "The people of my constituency are for/against/don't know ........" about brexit. My question therefore is how many of you have been contacted by your MP, been to a meeting they have held on this, spoken to them on the street/in the pub and given their views?

I have sent to a public meeting with my about GP services run by my mom (Labour) and after the meeting I tried to raise brexit with him. Not interested, not even see my website or contact me later, just a blank!

So are these MPs really bluffing it when they talk about their constituents?

My MP knows exactly where I stand on Brexit, as I make damn' sure she does, frequently.

I think what they generally mean is "those few constituents who actually get in touch, rather than piss & moan on Facearrse", or more likely "I made it up to suit what my own/my main donors/the suppliers of lucrative directorships want me to say".

I have been watching Daily Politics and various other news and political discussion programme and nearly every MP stands up and says something like "The people of my constituency are for/against/don't know ........" about brexit. My question therefore is how many of you have been contacted by your MP, been to a meeting they have held on this, spoken to them on the street/in the pub and given their views?

I have sent to a public meeting with my about GP services run by my mom (Labour) and after the meeting I tried to raise brexit with him. Not interested, not even see my website or contact me later, just a blank!

@Auld-Yin - suggest your predictive text had a bit of a wobble in that post - you normally come across as coherent, but I'm struggling with the second from last paragraph! :smile:

There was a meeting of European Left Wing leaders in Holland (I was in Amsterdam last week) when interviewed following the meeting Jezza was extremely abrupt with a leading Dutch political interviewer

I have to say that the talk on the Netherlands TV channels that night was how rude was the Labour Leader....

Don't worry, Jezza has had a word, and the interviewer is being lined up for 're-education'

Obnoxious arrogant turd, BTW

No need to apologise, but with respect to your Mum, it read like she is a Labour MP!
Off track a bit but when I were but a young lad voting was not permitted until one had reached the age of 21; I was serving thrn so gave my proxy vote to my mother. I asked her once who she voted for on my behalf and she refused to tell me as the ballot box was secret and sacrosanct and I had given my vote to her. My mum, at the grand height of 4 foot 11.5 inches was not a person to argue with or take to task! Mum said, I said OK :cool:

I have attended a public meeting with my MP ( Labour) about GP services and after the meeting I tried to raise brexit with him. Not interested, not even see my website or contact me later, just a blank!

I've written to mine. I expect he thinks I'm a swivel-eyed loon.

And it's all sweetness and light in the Labour Party as Margaret Hodge calls Dear Leader a "F***ing Anti-Semite And A Racist"

Jeremy Corbyn has been told he’s “a ******* anti-semite” by a veteran Jewish MP after the party upheld controversial new guidelines on tackling anti-semitism, HuffPost UK has been told.

Furious former minister Margaret Hodge confronted the Labour leader after the crunch Commons votes on Brexit, telling him he didn’t want people like her in the party any more.

Tempers flared behind the Speaker’s chair, out of the range of TV cameras, as Hodge expressed her anger at the ruling National Executive Committee’s (NEC) decision to endorse new rules on Jew-hatred and abuse.

I've written to mine. I expect he thinks I'm a swivel-eyed loon.

I would write to mine, but he's far to lazy to read it

The (ex -Edit by Fat_Cav) culture minister has plenty of champions in Parliament. “He has many endearing qualities,” says one, but his work rate has been questioned, which has earned him the nickname “Lazy Vaizey”. His school and university days have left him with many connections in high places. Another colleague says: “You sense he bluffs his way through life a little bit. But if you wanted to choose one person to have a drink with, you would have fun with Ed.”

I've met him and thought he was a pompous arse

More fun for Labour. While his judgement in some dealings must be highly suspect, he seems to have the measure of Jezza.

'John Woodcock has resigned from the Labour party to sit as an independent MP, The Telegraph understands. In his resignation letter the MP, who is under investigation over allegations of sexual harassment, said Jeremy Corbyn's decision not to appoint an independent investigation for his case led him to leave the party. He also warned Mr Corbyn would be a "risk to UK national security as Prime Minister".'

John Woodcock quits the Labour party to stand as an independent MP