Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

From Corbyns team

In the last few days The Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph and The Express have gone a little bit James Bond.

We've got news for the billionaire, tax exile press barons: Change is coming.

So like all communist dictatorships a direct threat to the free press.

Go on TV, interviews what ever don’t threaten the press even if factually inaccurate, if so put up why it’s wrong, answear questioning but threats.

Why the USSR Collapsed Economically

So he plans on taking the UK's liberal democacy into a centralized communist economy (Reverse USSR) with a fraction of the resources required to feed mouths as the USSR did.
Let's face it, who in their right mind from the food producing nations of the world are going to do business with a country that has no financial backing. The money will leave before McDonnell gets his mits into the pot and then.......they blame it all on the Tories.

Venezuala 2.0, Best buy my popcorn now is it might be hard to aquire.
That is perhaps the greatest threat to our way of life but I’m also concerned about the loss of the ‘the special relationship’. I doubt if 5 eyes would survive the leadership of COB. I suspect we would be frozen out the second it looked like COB’s Labour has even the remotest possibility of being voted in.

From Corbyns team

In the last few days The Sun, The Mail, The Telegraph and The Express have gone a little bit James Bond.

Go on TV, interviews what ever don’t threaten the press even if factually inaccurate, if so put up why it’s wrong, answear questioning but threats.
It's about the only thing I'd support Corbyn on. Currently the media, not just the newspapers, seem to believe it's their right to make or decide what's the news. Brexit and politicians of all hues fall readily to hand, as does anything to do with LGBT, women and Manchester blinkin City.

It's about the only thing I'd support Corbyn on. Currently the media, not just the newspapers, seem to believe it's their right to make or decide what's the news. Brexit and politicians of all hues fall readily to hand, as does anything to do with LGBT, women and Manchester blinkin City.

If the Great Helmsman believes that his reputation has been defamed by libellous statements, he can always sue.

I wonder if he will?

Do you think he will?

No?

Me neither.

Last edited:

Fine go on TV, press interviews, answear proper questions, but to threaten is not the solution.

From Corbyns team

Is it me but with a reaction like this, it looks he's really worried this could spill over.....

Is it me but with a reaction like this, it looks he's really worried this could spill over.....
Well, it mustn't. And in order to prevent that,
The party said it would also carry out a review “to safeguard a healthy plurality of media ownership and to put in place clearer rules on who is fit and proper to own or run TV and radio stations”.
i.e. If you don't measure up to a political standard, you can't own or run an outlet of any section of the media. Whew. The BBC's in the clear.

I encourage my juniors to look at saving and buying a house at around their 5 year point then let some other mug pay their mortgage, some will have at least one (maybe more if they are clever) fully paid for house when they leave and some will be in the Sun newspaper complaining how the country doesnt look after Veterans.

The dullest gonk on my trade training course at Loughborough bought several houses late 80s, each one mortgaged on the rent income from the last. I think smoke and mirrors with income for lenders was easier then.

Retired at 38 with over a dozen houses, each with 4 or 5 students in, only 4 houses still on mortgage. Sold the lot to some massive letting company.

Ok so we had more fun than him in our early twenties as he was mending showers and paying mortgages, but I suspect he’s the cleverer one

Plus he must have made a bomb from web feeds on all them student birds.

Online dictionary defines nonentity as “a person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing.”

I’d say the first half fits Cob. Unfortunately he isn’t unimportant in the same way that a turd blocking your toilet isn’t unimportant.

Last edited:
Fine go on TV, press interviews, answear proper questions, but to threaten is not the solution.
He would call it giving fair warning. He's a politician, very few ever give full, truthful answers and it shows his naivety as experienced ones tend to answer a question they've not been asked. Remember, he's a serial left wing backbencher suddenly thrust unprepared into the limelight when he was appointed Leader of the Labour Party where bluff, bluster and threats no longer work.

I wonder if he will go after the Guardians off shore press barons...

Before the last leadership election, Corbyn was as welcome as a fart in an astronauts suit in the Guardian, since he won, he's not had to shell out on bog paper due to the arse licking they have all been doing.