Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I just buy mine from Tesco's F&F shop, or Sainsbury's Tu clothing line. They last as long and are of decent quality. I spend most of the winter in joggers and waterproof trousers, so I do like to look smart-casual when I'm in full civvy rig.

My bold ... My wife uses the local charity shops extensively (thank god, it saves me a bloody fortune ;) )! They are worth a scan occasionally, apparently some affluent towns like Harpenden or Henley on Thames are gold mines when quite good stuff gets handed to them and apparently one or two shrewd people use them and flog their finds at a healthy profit on Ebay!!
She came home one day with what looked to be a brand new pair of BOSS jeans for the huge sum of £1. I checked the stitching, metal labels et al and they looked kosher to me, so I googled them, F**K ME, anything between £80 - £120.
Sadly they were a 36' waist & I am a "generous" 38', well probably 40' now, so I gave them to one of my sons who was deeply impressed !!

I just buy mine from Tesco's F&F shop, or Sainsbury's Tu clothing line. They last as long and are of decent quality. I spend most of the winter in joggers and waterproof trousers, so I do like to look smart-casual when I'm in full civvy rig.
@MeToo. Sainsburys, even Asda. long gave up on 'brand' or high street' shopping. As for M&S, their quality is crap. Anyway, where were we....?

There's a printing firm that does company uniforms round my way, they bin entire pallets of misprinted or discontinued work clothing, most of my clothing has a company logo on it.

Capture.PNG

Wirral Council leader on dealing with abusive keyboard warriors - and balancing Wirral's books

Cllr Janette Williamson, the Labour leader of Wirral Council, said she has had abusive voicemails, emails and social media messages since taking on the role last September.

The very same;

"Why the f**k isn't he dead yet?": Labour hopeful says sorry over offensive Prince Philip tweet
APR 2012

Janette Williamson, who is standing for Wirral council, in Merseyside, allegedly asked "why the f**k isn't he dead yet?" in a discussion about Prince Philip on the social networking site.

Many a pretty face has made a mistake.

Apsama Begum court date set for late July.

More trouble for Apsama. This time she's being investigated by her own party for re-tweeting anti-semitic messages which accused Tony Blair of ‘spreading Zionist propaganda’ and claiming the leaders of Saudia Arabia were ‘inspired by Zionist masters’..

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
More trouble for Apsama. This time she's being investigated by her own party for re-tweeting anti-semitic messages which accused Tony Blair of ‘spreading Zionist propaganda’ and claiming the leaders of Saudia Arabia were ‘inspired by Zionist masters’..

Yet oddly KS was on his hind legs yesterday yapping about "Tory sleaze"

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
SWMBO went to drop off a card to a couple she knows from university who've just moved house yesterday. One of them works for her local Labour MP (as it paid better than the Uni did and she's vaguely leftish) and has done so for a couple of years. She's about to hand her notice in as (a) she reckons her MP will be losing her seat at the next election and so does her MP, (b) she can't stand the MP and (c) she has really learnt to hate politics, and wants to come home at night not feeling grubby.

Apsama looks as if she'd be a good candidate for her own thread.

Latest Threads