Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

TamH70

MIA

Tyk

LE
Why is a Union building a hotel and conference centre?

I suppose it could be justified as hotel for members on training and conference facilities for the Union, both of which can be used commercially by others, but that's a pretty thin bit of reasoning to splurge £50m.
It does whiff, more than a bit, of the sort of scammery that's worthy of Jimmy Hoffa.

I suppose it could be justified as hotel for members on training and conference facilities for the Union, both of which can be used commercially by others, but that's a pretty thin bit of reasoning to splurge £50m.
It does whiff, more than a bit, of the sort of scammery that's worthy of Jimmy Hoffa.
I think many of them do it. Heading down south for a family funeral before all the lockdown shenanigans I booked and stayed somewhere in the midlands that was a education union training and conference centre. It was a very reasonable price and comfy.

I suppose it means when they are running stuff it’s cheaper for the delegates and at other times they can let the public stay and raise some funds.

The Union own The View Hotel in Eastbourne.
Unite the Union members and Retired members receive a 15% discount for stays at the View Hotel.

The Union have sold Esher Place their hotel, conference centre and "wild party venue" for £20m a few years ago. There was an offer of £23m on the table from a Chinese investment bank, but Comrade Len wanted to be seen distancing himself from the Chinese!

Oh please, please, please, let this be true and happen, it would fill my watching schedule nicely

If you listen very carefully, you an hear the Reality Bus coming around the corner.

GB News is costing in the region of £60m to get it off the ground.

Typing 'Solidarity' in 30-odd posts plus 63p found down the back of the sofa* will not alter the face of UK politics too much :)

*plus a Swiss 5F piece

If you listen very carefully, you an hear the Reality Bus coming around the corner.

GB News is costing in the region of £60m to get it off the ground.

Typing 'Solidarity' in 30-odd posts plus 63p found down the back of the sofa* will not alter the face of UK politics too much :)

*plus a Swiss 5F piece
Don't talk such absolute bollocks, they've already raised £5,000. :oops::oops:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Oh please, please, please, let this be true and happen, it would fill my watching schedule nicely
Kind've underlines how frightened those who consider themselves to be the alternative voice are frightened of an alternative voice.

Bless.

Hashtag a million new homes for the homeless.

It already exists, it's called the BBC.

Or this . . .

All Hail the great leader, and Kim Jong-Un

£5,000? Momentum TV programme schedule
0900 Jeremy says hello
0901 Closedown

Latest Threads