Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Even better, did you notice how successful he was for the digital campaign he did last time?

That's just a bonus, it was the IDF link that will have him spewing his vegan half-caf, half-sweet, no-whip, coconut milk, cinnamon dolce latte all over the room

philc

LE
The level of proof required in these courts is a lot lower than criminal cases: it's on balance of probability. Corbyn's brief could show plenty of examples where a sitting MP has left their party and stood either as an independent or for another party at the next election and lost: the number of MPs who win in such circumstances is a very short list. See Chukka Ummuna (sp?) and all the other retards who were party-hopping over the last few years: all lost, despite some of them previously having huge majorities.

Don't forget that Corbyn is also anxious because of the Boundary Commission. If - as seems possible - Boris doesn't wait until the 2023 review and opts to bring in the 2018 changes proposed by the Commission, Islington North ceases to exist as a constituency.

Including his, there are five Labour-held seats in London which disappear - so he was already in the position of having to hope that either a local constituency party which had effectively succumbed to Momentum entryism and which is a safe seat would deselect its MP and invite him in rather than holding a selection contest - which he'd probably win, in truth - (and that this would be permitted by Starmer) or a constituency where the MP was planning to retire selected him.

He'd otherwise have been left to hope that Diane Abbott would retire and the local party - already Corbynite and bolstered by more Corbynites - would select him. (Abbott's constituency also goes, but the wards which make up much of her current seat will be part of the new one, along with wards from St Jeremy's current constituency, making it safe Labour).

Not being a sitting Labour MP makes his task harder - incumbent MPs are almost always given the chance to run for a new seat, and one which they might at least stand a chance of winning - but Starmer is unlikely to feel the slightest compunction to observe this nicety for an Independent MP. I doubt that he'd be too keen on offering JC this bonus were he still taking the Labour whip, but, without it...

...Corbyn can see his nice little seat in the establishment (he's the sixth most senior MP) disappearing, and since the most vociferous anti-establishment candidates rarely willingly retire from the establishment they spend all their time criticising this matters not just on principle, but because he's highly unlikely to want to spend more time with his allotment. Not winning this means that he's either going to have to apologise in full for his behaviour and hope that Starmer restores the whip, or to form the Popular Front for the Liberation of Tufnell Park & Palestine, and run, Galloway-like, in a seat held by a Labour MP who's not particularly popular with the locals and where the Tories and Lib Dems will never get a look in.

Mentioning Galloway reminds me that his argument that he's effectively being prevented from becoming an MP as an independent runs into bother - as well as Galloway winning twice when was leading a party which was little more than him and a couple of people who make Lenin look like a High Tory, there's also the case of Peter Law at Blaenau Gwent. Llew Smith decided to retire, and in a bid to get a more pliant MP, Blair imposed Maggie Jones on the constituency via an all-female shortlist. Law was the Welsh Assembly member for the constituency and after making clear that the shortlist was cover for a stitch up (all the women just happened to be Blairites), he left the party and ran as an independent, overturning a 19,000 Labour majority. When he died less than 12 months later, Owen Smith - remember him? - was chosen as the Labour candidate, but lost to Law's election agent as the constituency hadn't finished punishing Blair...

Both cases mean that Corbynites' constant trumpeting of his greatness and how many supporters he has will also count against him, since Labour can demonstrate that someone with much popular support drawn from the hard-of-thinking, the credulous, the naive and the downright dangerous can win a seat (for clarity, Galloway, not Law who seemed a reasonable sort), so why does he need the cachet of the Labour whip...?

Last edited:

TamH70

MIA
Don't forget that Corbyn is also anxious because of the Boundary Commission. If - as seems possible - Boris doesn't wait until the 2023 review and opts to bring in the 2018 changes proposed by the Commission, Islington North ceases to exist as a constituency.

Including his, there are five Labour-held seats in London which disappear - so he was already in the position of having to hope that either a local constituency party which had effectively succumbed to Momentum entryism and which is a safe seat would deselect its MP and invite him in rather than holding a selection contest - which he'd probably win, in truth - (and that this would be permitted by Starmer) or a constituency where the MP was planning to retire selected him.

He'd otherwise have been left to hope that Diane Abbott would retire and the local party - already Corbynite and bolstered by more Corbynites - would select him. (Abbott's constituency also goes, but the wards which make up much of her current seat will be part of the new one, along with wards from St Jeremy's current constituency, making it safe Labour).

Not being a sitting Labour MP makes his task harder - incumbent MPs are almost always given the chance to run for a new seat, and one which they might at least stand a chance of winning - but Starmer is unlikely to feel the slightest compunction to observe this nicety for an Independent MP. I doubt that he'd be too keen on offering JC this bonus were he still taking the Labour whip, but, without it...

...Corbyn can see his nice little seat in the establishment (he's the sixth most senior MP) disappearing, and since the most vociferous anti-establishment candidates rarely willingly retire from the establishment they spend all their time criticising this matters not just on principle, but because he's highly unlikely to want to spend more time with his allotment. Not winning this means that he's either going to have to apologise in full for his behaviour and hope that Starmer restores the whip, or to form the Popular Front for the Liberation of Tufnell Park & Palestine, and run, Galloway-like, in a seat held by a Labour MP who's not particularly popular with the locals and where the Tories and Lib Dems will never get a look in.

Mentioning Galloway reminds me that his argument that he's effectively being prevented from becoming an MP as an independent runs into bother - as well as Galloway winning twice when was leading a party which was little more than him and a couple of people who make Lenin look like a High Tory, there's also the case of Peter Law at Blaenau Gwent. Llew Smith decided to retire, and in a bid to get a more pliant MP, Blair imposed Maggie Jones on the constituency via an all-female shortlist. Law was the Welsh Assembly member for the constituency and after making clear that the shortlist was cover for a stitch up (all the women just happened to be Blairites), he left the party and ran as an independent, overturning a 19,000 Labour majority. When he died less than 12 months later, Owen Smith - remember him? - was chosen as the Labour candidate, but lost to Law's election agent as the constituency hadn't finished punishing Blair...

Both cases mean that Corbynites' constant trumpeting of his greatness and how many supporters he has will also count against him, since Labour can demonstrate that someone with much popular support drawn from the hard-of-thinking, the credulous, the naive and the downright dangerous can win a seat, so why does he need the cachet of the Labour whip...?

Easy! His feelings were hurt, innit? Plus he's a pettifogging trull of the highest order.

I love my red wines, I love my cheeses, generally French in the past, but slowly weaning myself off them at present, mainly due to the French being arseh oles.

philc

LE
Another Corbyn outride bites the libel dust, expelled from Labour for Antisemitism now bankrupted over it.

He is crowdsourcing an appeal, oh Racheal lawyer was the same that’s been dogging Corbyn for years, yet to lose and is lined up for the Corbyn libel case and John Ware.

Another Corbyn outride bites the libel dust, expelled from Labour for Antisemitism now bankrupted over it.

He is crowdsourcing an appeal, oh Racheal lawyer was the same that’s been dogging Corbyn for years, yet to lose and is lined up for the Corbyn libel case and John Ware.

I bet Mark Lewis is a Jew, they are always picking on the poor Labour members.

Last edited:

philc

LE
I bet Mark Lewis is a Jew, they are always picking on the poor Labour members.

What I do like is that fact these raving loons are tossing in pounds to some loons defence fund, losing it and doing it again. The monies being accrued are then being used to go after more loons, rinse and repeat.

Zaraha Sultana will be a 1 term wonder MP in Cov South, maj of 400ish she is history, Red Len will soon be a guest appearing in the box on charges of fraud in relation to Union Funds.

As for the Corbyn trial, just heaps up the stupid look that is the modern Labour Party, will drag on, he will have to answer questions and expose himself, after this another case, libel, rinse and repeat. The man has an inflated opinion of himself and his position pumped up by the cult.
A few years back there was some talk of Blair's son being found a Labour seat, Coventry was mentioned. However, his chances and those of other Red Princes from the Blair era seemed to die a death when Magic took over. Wonder if things will change again?

A few years back there was some talk of Blair's son being found a Labour seat, Coventry was mentioned. However, his chances and those of other Red Princes from the Blair era seemed to die a death when Magic took over. Wonder if things will change again?

He's just become a paper millionaire fronting some organisation that co-ordinates apprenticeships with big backers (KPMG etc).
I suppose it's an extension of the education system - along with the NHS another financial bottomless pit of worthiness.

He's just become a paper millionaire fronting some organisation that co-ordinates apprenticeships with big backers (KPMG etc).
I suppose it's an extension of the education system - along with the NHS another financial bottomless pit of worthiness.
Do those “apprentices” get a wage, or the promise of it looking good on their CV’s?

Do those “apprentices” get a wage, or the promise of it looking good on their CV’s?

Sorry - can't even remember where I saw the article. I got the impression it's an obvious realisation that actually, University isn't for everyone to be shoehorned into and is similar to a UCAS for matching school leavers to apprenticeships - does that really need a multi million pound organisation?

Anyway, Red Prince is overseeing it to some extent. Will it be making sure they get their adulthood social conditioning similar to the Uni route?

Maybe one for the teachers on Arrse to comment?

TAFKA

Old-Salt
Sorry - can't even remember where I saw the article. I got the impression it's an obvious realisation that actually, University isn't for everyone to be shoehorned into and is similar to a UCAS for matching school leavers to apprenticeships - does that really need a multi million pound organisation?

Anyway, Red Prince is overseeing it to some extent. Will it be making sure they get their adulthood social conditioning similar to the Uni route?

Maybe one for the teachers on Arrse to comment?

It's one of those organisations that the left scream should be government run or at least non-profit.

Placing apprentices and training providers together but with management taking a healthy chunk of change from somewhere. How many decent training courses could be run with the £147 million skimmed off the top?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

It's one of those organisations that the left scream should be government run or at least non-profit.

Placing apprentices and training providers together but with management taking a healthy chunk of change from somewhere. How many decent training courses could be run with the £147 million skimmed off the top?
Wherever the name Blair is involved, you can guarantee a very healthy dose of self-interest.

May be an unexplained wealth investigation would be in order?

philc

LE