Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Twit report

Jeremy Corbyn, Seumas Milne and Karie Murphy just held a "council of war" on how to respond

They were joined on Zoom by John McDonnell, reps of Unite, Momentum, CLPD + Campaign Group

One source says Starmer "in big trouble" and the belief is he is on "dodgy legal ground"

Will they be inviting Sinn Féin/IRA, Hamas or Hezbollah to this "Council of war" ?

From Wiki:

Starmer married Victoria Alexander in 2007.[113] She was previously a solicitor but now works in NHS occupational health.[5][114] The couple's son and daughter are being brought up in the Jewish faith of their mother and the family attend shabbat dinners.[9]

So as a member of the Shadow Cabinet from 2015, (and being married to a Jewish woman), Starmer was utterly oblivious to the more unpleasant goings-on of his party & leader, but is now accepting the report without question or qualification & is wearing a hair shirt and 'acting tough'.

OK.

ste14w

War Hero
Well she did steal all the milk

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Ha, yep, and that lack of nutrition is probably why Corbyn supporters bark at the moon :-D

Much as I dislike her she did go up in my estimation a couple of years ago when she pulled Diane Abbott up over an anti Semitic remark she (Abbott) made .
Have you got a link for one fat cow having a go at another fat cow?

unicorn77

War Hero
Now amended to read "The Labour Party has suspended......"

This is typical of the BBC, I see it all the time. Put some crap piece of so-called "journalism" up on a website and then have to correct it when someone points out it's completely wrong, or completely biased, or both.

From Wiki:

Starmer married Victoria Alexander in 2007.[113] She was previously a solicitor but now works in NHS occupational health.[5][114] The couple's son and daughter are being brought up in the Jewish faith of their mother and the family attend shabbat dinners.[9]

So as a member of the Shadow Cabinet from 2015, (and being married to a Jewish woman), Starmer was utterly oblivious to the more unpleasant goings-on of his party & leader, but is now accepting the report without question or qualification & is wearing a hair shirt and 'acting tough'.

OK.
His time spent as Head of the CPS came in handy.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh how the children play eh! I didn’t write this bit below but I agree with every word.

“The truth is it’s a sad day for this country when a man who's done nothing but campaign for human rights and racial equality across the world is branded an antisemite by racists, the upper class elite and the lower classes who are naive enough to believe they are equals in our society.

Never mind the hundreds of billions stolen by the rich, let's all get upset at the minority on benefits.... What a joke.”

Since Boris took over, the inequalities and wheeler dealing by people associated with the Conservatives have become starkly visible with 12 billion pounds spent in the private sector in repeatedly futile efforts to beat coronavirus seeing us in a worse position than ever before.

3 billion of that twelve billion was handed over without any tendering or competition process whatsoever with the sole qualification being that the applicant either knew a government minister or the applicant knew someone who knew a government minister.

A select group of people are making literally billions out of the taxpayers of this country while the government plays the violin watching the place burn to the ground resulting in thousands of deaths!

Keir Starmer‘s response is to open up a huge rift in the Labour Party playing right into the hands of every opponent of the Labour Party starting from the very top of this government all the way down the ladder to those right wing fools who despite originating from the working class and not having a pot to pee in for most of their lives consistently vote Tory because people like the Viscount Rothermere and that well known people’s champion, Rupert Murdoch suggest that’s best for them.

This could well become a blockbuster film in a couple of years time. That’s the only good thing that could possibly come out of what Starmer’s done here today!

I hear you're a racist now rgjbloke.

How did you get interested in that type of thing?

Should we all be racists now?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
From Wiki:

OK.
I think it's his opportunity to purge the party and make it 'electable '. Some facts and opinions may flex to achieve this goal.

1603999654266.png

Credit to FYB

It is a sad day for Sinn Féins Jeremy Corbyn

Latest Threads