Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

unicorn77

War Hero
I think all those blaming Keir are looking in the wrong direction. He has been suspended by the Labour Party, not the leader. It’s not for the Leader to get involved in internal disputes in the Party. This is something the report highlights, that the Leaders office got involved in internal disputes about Antisemitism when it should of been the internal mechanism of the Party.

Except that the first lines of the BBC report say this:

"Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has suspended Jeremy Corbyn from the party over his reaction to a highly critical report on anti-Semitism."

O frabjous day ! Callooh ! Callay !
'Twas Brillig, and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
Tra Laaaaah !!

Carroll Walt .

As amusing as the left eating itself is, we will effectively have no credible opposition for years to come.
You could of course argue we haven't had one for years anyway!
Or if the loony section splits off it could make the centre left rump rather more palatable , credible and above all electable.

How many hold youre nose and vote Tory's would return to labour if it ditched Abbot, Corbyn and Momentum.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
O frabjous day ! Callooh ! Callay !
'Twas Brillig, and the slithy toves
did gyre and gimble in the wabe.
Tra Laaaaah !!
He chortled in his joy..

Or if the loony section splits off it could make the centre left rump rather more palatable , credible and above all electable.

How many hold youre nose and vote Tory's would return to labour if it ditched Abbot, Corbyn and Momentum.

Indeed. Be careful what we wish for.
My fear is that labour as is, without momentum , changes enough to gain votes but not enough for a good alternative government.

Londo

On ROPS
On ROPs
"Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer has suspended Jeremy Corbyn from the party over his reaction to a highly critical report on anti-Semitism."
HOW DARE YOU !
corbyn.jpg

No problem with her running for leadership then. Or are you saying that she would lose a one-horse race?!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

She is just not very popular; I'm not sure that another human rights lawyer i.e. entitled middle-class gobshite is what the Labour Party really needs as it's next leader.

philc

LE
Except that the first lines of the BBC report say this:

That’s how it’s been explained, Keir is the Leader but it’s up to the Party. It’s a constitutional thing. Either way Corbyn is digging a big hole.

endure

GCM
I might watch 'Question Time' tonight. Watching Fifi going into meltdown as she tries to stop the Tory panel member enjoying the turmoil of the comrades will be a sight to behold.

The Tories ought to send a large Cheshire cat as tonight's panellist...

That’s how it’s been explained, Keir is the Leader but it’s up to the Party. It’s a constitutional thing. Either way Corbyn is digging a big hole.
Digging? More like dug, jumped in, arranged the soil to topple in as soon as Diane steps up to sing...

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
At least the Labour Party will have a snappy new anthem for next year's conference:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Kerry Anne Mendoza just after going of on one, on PM on R4. Comedy gold.. :)
I was gobsmacked at her tirade. Then I googled her.

Why the heck does she have the oxygen of publicity on our independent broadcaster?$#@@##???

philc

LE
Twit report

Jeremy Corbyn, Seumas Milne and Karie Murphy just held a "council of war" on how to respond

They were joined on Zoom by John McDonnell, reps of Unite, Momentum, CLPD + Campaign Group

One source says Starmer "in big trouble" and the belief is he is on "dodgy legal ground"

Latest Threads