Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I allowed myself a snigger at this comment on Guido:

"But, but, but, whatabout islamophobia" cry the left.

Too right I'm afraid of it, they keep hacking people's heads off.

Last edited:

Labour anti-Semitisim crisis: Bombshell EHRC report finds party DID break law​

THE Labour Party has been savaged after an investigation into alleged anti-Semitism found the Opposition committed unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination.​

Which surprised no right minded observer at all....

JB

Corbyn statement. Absolute neck of the man, he is either dense or has skin so thick.

........the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
I agree completely with you. The bit in bold is outrageous - he has the nerve to blame everyone else for hurting Jewish people!

Corbyn statement. Absolute neck of the man, he is either dense or has skin so thick.

My statement following the publication of the EHRC report:
“Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.
“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.
“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.
“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.
“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”

Which surprised no right minded observer at all....

JB

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Keir Starmer apologises. Let's see if he will suspend the people identified as carrying out anti Semitic acts?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
No suspensions, just threats to bin anti Semites!

There it is! In answer to itv question, he is not going to throw Corbyn or others out of the Labour Party.

Lord Sir Keir is in a bit of a muddle - trying to 'do' his sackcloth and ashes thing whilst trying to take both knees.

Delightful to watch . . .
Careful, Sir K.S. got very angry when BJ suggested he supported an IRA supporting politician.

Labour's Keir Starmer says IRA comments were 'regrettable'
Labour leader Keir Starmer faces pressure to expel activists supporting IRA
Has Keir Starmer REALLY spent a lifetime seeking justice underdogs? - All World Report

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
KS has done the face to camera apology, all abject sorrow almost tears at what the Labour Party have done.

He then spoils it all by refusing to suspend or sack anyone. Getting it hard now from Jewish media and ruining the apology by refusing to actually take any action.

I appreciate he does not want Momentum to break away and oppose Labour but unless he actually does take action then his words are meaningless.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
But I was assured by the grate branes that it was all nonsense, and I was a fascist swine to even suggest it might be true.

The Jewish Chronicle cautions readers that Starmer's speech does not draw a line under the matter and that action must be taken, to remove the antisemites from the party and reform it. He has spoken but so far has taken no action.

This is the beginning, not the end​

The JC Leader, 30 October 2020

https://www.thejc.com/comment/leaders/this-is-the-beginning-not-the-end-1.507980

(something weird going on with text formatting these days - leading text wasn't supposed to be bold)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
KS has done the face to camera apology, all abject sorrow almost tears at what the Labour Party have done.

He then spoils it all by refusing to suspend or sack anyone. Getting it hard now from Jewish media and ruining the apology by refusing to actually take any action.

I appreciate he does not want Momentum to break away and oppose Labour but unless he actually does take action then his words are meaningless.
‘Sorry’ is just a meaningless word if there’s no action.

I don't think for one minute that the antisemitism is rooted in Momentum although they receive the most MSM publicity. The popularity of The communists AS is 1005 rooted with their imported voting base.
laboor rally, Brum.JPG

Latest Threads