Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I have a crisp fifty pence piece says that jezza, milne, murphy et al will be expressing their shock and dismay at this shortly. it's all a surprise to them and these were actions taken by junior staff without their knowledge or approval.

despite, you know, all of those emails and phone calls they made, telling people to interfere. but anyway.
Such cynicism in one so young. I shake my head in despair.

philc

LE
Corbyn statement. Absolute neck of the man, he is either dense or has skin so thick.

My statement following the publication of the EHRC report:
“Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.
“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.
“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.
“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.
“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Corbyn statement. Absolute neck of the man, he is either dense or has skin so thick.

“Antisemitism is absolutely abhorrent, wrong and responsible for some of humanity’s greatest crimes. As Leader of the Labour Party I was always determined to eliminate all forms of racism and root out the cancer of antisemitism. I have campaigned in support of Jewish people and communities my entire life and I will continue to do so.
“The EHRC’s report shows that when I became Labour leader in 2015, the Party’s processes for handling complaints were not fit for purpose. Reform was then stalled by an obstructive party bureaucracy. But from 2018, Jennie Formby and a new NEC that supported my leadership made substantial improvements, making it much easier and swifter to remove antisemites. My team acted to speed up, not hinder the process.
“Anyone claiming there is no antisemitism in the Labour Party is wrong. Of course there is, as there is throughout society, and sometimes it is voiced by people who think of themselves as on the left.
“Jewish members of our party and the wider community were right to expect us to deal with it, and I regret that it took longer to deliver that change than it should.
“One antisemite is one too many, but the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents inside and outside the party, as well as by much of the media. That combination hurt Jewish people and must never be repeated.
“My sincere hope is that relations with Jewish communities can be rebuilt and those fears overcome. While I do not accept all of its findings, I trust its recommendations will be swiftly implemented to help move on from this period.”
Which shows the lack of leadership that the report mentions - wasn't me it was the minions lower down the Party hierarchy who were bad. And it is not Labour's fault but the society as a whole.

What a complete tosser.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

He's been in denial all his adult life. What do you expect?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Which shows the lack of leadership that the report mentions - wasn't me it was the minions lower down the Party hierarchy who were bad. And it is not Labour's fault but the society as a whole.

What a complete tosser.
And a bullshitter. He was exquisitely aware of what was going on in the party when it suited him.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

at least he didn't blame it on Mossad.

small steps...

While I do not accept all of its findings,
There are none so blind as those who will not see. Even now he cannot accept it.

Some big boys did it and ran away!

What a $"*&

philc

LE
Twitter having a field day.

Elfa0vtWoAAnvzI.jpg

Yeah that's great Jeremy, but you honestly expect anyone to accept that waffle when you openly condone stuff like this . . .

1603969506532.png

1603969548297.png

Ed Balls on JC prior to the publication of the EHRC report tomorrow -

'I don’t think Jeremy Corbyn is an antisemite. He’s not a racist man, but he undoubtedly not only stood with antisemitic people, but said things which were antisemitic.'

so by that logic, I could hang around with members of the BNP, say racist things, but not actually be a racist? ok then.

View attachment 515804

Ed Balls talks balls, which is maybe why he has lost his place on the parliamentary gravy train.

An oxygen thief of the first order.