Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Did she take lessons from Kate 'Smasher' Osamor?

Still, it's nice that with ~2,500 people still on her authority's housing waiting list, Kate's still 'Proud' to be living in one, even with her nice salary and financial perks.

The left are all bitter and twisted about the right's apparent privileged wealth, yet use criminality and lies to try to achieve it themselves.
Apparatchiks always get the better housing, cars and food.

It pays to be loyal, Comrade.

Apparatchiks always get the better housing, cars and food.

It pays to be loyal, Comrade.

I shall be seeking to gain membership of The Party soonest, so I too can enjoy the benefits of equal living.

When I'm snug in my Dacha by the sea, I shall be the most equal bloke I know. I'm in it for the long game

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
labour think Animal Farm is a script, not a warning.
Let's hope they have a new, different, script to follow when the report into anti semitism in the Labour Party is published today!

philc

LE
Let's hope they have a new, different, script to follow when the report into anti semitism in the Labour Party is published today!

Report at 10, Jezzas denouncement and accusations at 11.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Report at 10, Jezzas denouncement and accusations at 11.
There should be some amusing comments later from Momentimites :)

philc

LE
Corbyn spotted, of course he wears the mask like this, takes advice from his brother.

ElfR_bUXEAAypjA.jpg

Labour anti-Semitisim crisis: Bombshell EHRC report finds party DID break law​

THE Labour Party has been savaged after an investigation into alleged anti-Semitism found the Opposition committed unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination.​

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

THE Labour Party has been savaged after an investigation into alleged anti-Semitism found the Opposition committed unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination.​

As reported in the Labour Party newspaper so looks like it is a condemnation of Labour under Corbyn. Next step - police investigation?

Has Dame Chucklebutty handed in her ermine yet?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

I'm conflicted.

Do I open the windows to equalise the pressure in and outside the house, as the howls of protest from the Left rise and threatens break them, or do I leave them shut to try and drown out the noise (I have double glazing, don't you know)?

Antisemitism in the Labour Party
Our investigation has identified serious failings in leadership and an inadequate process for handling antisemitism complaints across the Labour Party, and we have identified multiple failures in the systems it uses to resolve them. We have concluded that there were unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination for which the Labour Party is responsible. While there have been some recent improvements in how the Labour Party deals with antisemitism complaints, our analysis points to a culture within the Party which, at best, did not do enough to prevent antisemitism and, at worst, could be seen to accept it. The issue of antisemitism within the Labour Party has been the subject of much scrutiny, most formally with three investigations in 2016, conducted by Baroness Chakrabarti, Baroness Royall and the Home Affairs Select Committee (HASC). Since then, the Party has failed to implement the recommendations made in these reports fully, or to take effective measures to stop antisemitic conduct from taking place. It is regrettable that many of the concerns we raise here were first raised in these reports over four years ago. This reflects a culture that is at odds with the Labour Party’s commitment to zero tolerance of antisemitism.1 The Party has shown an ability to act decisively when it wants to, through the introduction of a bespoke process to deal with sexual harassment complaints. Although some improvements have been made to the process for dealing with antisemitism complaints, it is hard not to conclude that antisemitism within the Labour Party could have been tackled more effectively if the leadership had chosen to do so.
The antisemitism complaints process is an area of particular concern, especially given the focus on this in previous investigations into antisemitism. Over four years on from these investigations, we expected to see clear, publicly accessible and comprehensive policy documents to guide the complaints process, but the evidence showed that these did not exist. We found that the complaints process was not properly resourced and those responsible for it were not trained to the necessary standard. We found evidence of a significant number of complaints relating to antisemitism that were not investigated at all; this is especially true for complaints about social media activity where the Labour Party previously adopted a policy of not investigating mere ‘likes’ or reposts. Where matters were investigated, the guidance on appropriate sanctions was unclear and inconsistent. We found evidence of political interference in the handling of antisemitism complaints throughout the period of the investigation. We have concluded that this practice of political interference was unlawful. The evidence shows that staff from the Leader of the Opposition’s Office (LOTO) were able to influence decisions on complaints, especially decisions on whether to suspend someone. Sometimes these decisions were made because of likely press interest rather than any clear formal criteria.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
As reported in the Labour Party newspaper so looks like it is a condemnation of Labour under Corbyn. Next step - police investigation?

wonder who's going to be thrown under the bus for this then? 'The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) said it "identified serious failings" in the party's leadership in addressing anti-Semitism.'

surely they can't mean magic grandpa...his parents were at cable street, you know...

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
We have concluded that this practice of political interference was unlawful. The evidence shows that staff from the Leader of the Opposition’s Office (LOTO) were able to influence decisions on complaints, especially decisions on whether to suspend someone.

I have a crisp fifty pence piece says that jezza, milne, murphy et al will be expressing their shock and dismay at this shortly. it's all a surprise to them and these were actions taken by junior staff without their knowledge or approval.

despite, you know, all of those emails and phone calls they made, telling people to interfere. but anyway.

Latest Threads