Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Take 20 XLW types and put them in a room, within 30 minutes you will have 10 different parties all denouncing the others as XRW.
I suck me teeth contemptuously at this claim. 3 XLW, 5 parties, denouncements and show trials before the kettle has boiled...

I suck me teeth contemptuously at this claim. 3 XLW, 5 parties, denouncements and show trials before the kettle has boiled...
I mainly quoted that because the bbc claims it gets as many complaints from the left as from the right.
It probably doesn't for the reasons stated.
Just as an aside at the bike club meeting yesterday a friend told me that the Pakistanis want T Blair for war crimes.
Could we offer him in compensation for losing a test match they must have felt certain they were going to win Saturday am.

I mainly quoted that because the bbc claims it gets as many complaints from the left as from the right.
It probably doesn't for the reasons stated.
Just as an aside at the bike club meeting yesterday a friend told me that the Pakistanis want T Blair for war crimes.
Could we offer him in compensation for losing a test match they must have felt certain they were going to win Saturday am.
They could have him for two chicken korma and jasmine rice.

Best laugh I've had this month. It's also not impossible that I could scoop the Lotto, but the odds are pretty long.

'Jeremy Corbyn’s allies over the weekend claimed that “it’s not impossible that Jeremy Corbyn might now be in his third year as a Labour prime minister were it not for the unauthorised, unilateral action taken by a handful of senior party officials.”

'It follows a leaked 860-page document from Corbyn’s team which points to have evidence of how his critics in the party ran a hostile campaign in 2017.

'The officials claim it selectively quoted them to portray them in a negative light, and are suing the party for breach of data protection and libel.

'Now David Miliband has hit back at the claims, saying that his allies were in “denial” over the fact they had led the party to its worst result for more than 80 years.

“This is a pure wrecking tactic from Jeremy Corbyn and the Corbynite’s denial after four successive defeats is a route to more defeats,” he told Times Radio.

'He added: “We learnt that after 1992, we got out of denial and we won in ‘97. Actually, we won three elections on the trot.

“When people got to look at Labour in 2017, we couldn’t beat the worst Tory campaign in history... and then when people got the full measure of Jeremy Corbyn in 2019, he led us to the worst election defeat since the 1930s. So it’s a wrecking tactic, and I hope people understand it for what it is.”

'Corbyn supporters have previously claimed he was just 2,227 votes from winning in 2017, but experts have dismissed the numbers suggesting it ignores the fact that only 50 switched votes could have also given Theresa May a majority.'

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Best laugh I've had this month. It's also not impossible that I could scoop the Lotto, but the odds are pretty long.

'Jeremy Corbyn’s allies over the weekend claimed that “it’s not impossible that Jeremy Corbyn might now be in his third year as a Labour prime minister were it not for the unauthorised, unilateral action taken by a handful of senior party officials.”

'It follows a leaked 860-page document from Corbyn’s team which points to have evidence of how his critics in the party ran a hostile campaign in 2017.

'The officials claim it selectively quoted them to portray them in a negative light, and are suing the party for breach of data protection and libel.

'Now David Miliband has hit back at the claims, saying that his allies were in “denial” over the fact they had led the party to its worst result for more than 80 years.

“This is a pure wrecking tactic from Jeremy Corbyn and the Corbynite’s denial after four successive defeats is a route to more defeats,” he told Times Radio.

'He added: “We learnt that after 1992, we got out of denial and we won in ‘97. Actually, we won three elections on the trot.

“When people got to look at Labour in 2017, we couldn’t beat the worst Tory campaign in history... and then when people got the full measure of Jeremy Corbyn in 2019, he led us to the worst election defeat since the 1930s. So it’s a wrecking tactic, and I hope people understand it for what it is.”

'Corbyn supporters have previously claimed he was just 2,227 votes from winning in 2017, but experts have dismissed the numbers suggesting it ignores the fact that only 50 switched votes could have also given Theresa May a majority.'

Miliband nails it.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Caroline Flint was still very raw on the night;

But goes on to do the business on sky;

Ripping into starmer/thornberry and the rest of the stop brexit/ remain (but we won Putney) camp.

Thornberry libel action died a quiet death also.

Labour do not appear to have chosen wisely in selecting Blackbaud as a service provider ...

Labour members have been emailed by the party this afternoon with the worrying news that they have been “the victim of a sophisticated ransomware attack, which occurred earlier this year.” Cybercriminals successfully stole data on Labour members and donors from software company and Labour Party supplier Blackbaud. The party today confirmed that the stolen data included:

• Names
  • Email addresses
  • Telephone numbers
  • Amounts donated to the Labour Party
Blackbaud has told the Labour Party that they have paid a ransom demanded by the hackers, and “have received assurances that the data was destroyed as a result.” The Tories did warn Labour were a threat to the nation’s security…
.... courtesy of Guido ... Labour Members' Personal Details Stolen in Mass Data Breach - Guido Fawkes

Blackbaud certainly do not seem to have had an impressive record recently .... just an example ... Blackbaud hack: More UK universities confirm breach

Last edited:
Labour do not appear to have chosen wisely in selecting Blackbaud as a service provider ...

.... courtesy of Guido ... Labour Members' Personal Details Stolen in Mass Data Breach - Guido Fawkes

Blackbaud certainly do not seem to have had an impressive record recently .... just an example ... Blackbaud hack: More UK universities confirm breach
I mean, if you pay a ransom to hackers to get your data back then of course no one else is going to target you again, are they?

I mean, if you pay a ransom to hackers to get your data back then of course no one else is going to target you again, are they?
It certainly seems to have been an open season for Blackbaud recently .

Slime

LE
Caroline Flint was still very raw on the night;

But goes on to do the business on sky;

Ripping into starmer/thornberry and the rest of the stop brexit/ remain (but we won Putney) camp.

Thornberry libel action died a quiet death also.
Thanks for bringing Thornberry back into focus. :)

That certainly did go quiet didn’t it.

philc

LE
So an investigation in to a leaked report regarding anti Semitism, I think complaints raised about stolen Data in the past, the report leaked in to the last election failure, identify names and details of Whistleblowers that Labour are being sued over and now stolen data, have I missed anything?

So an investigation in to a leaked report regarding anti Semitism, I think complaints raised about stolen Data in the past, the report leaked in to the last election failure, identify names and details of Whistleblowers that Labour are being sued over and now stolen data, have I missed anything?
And they're going to win the next GE too!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Latest Threads