Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

When the poor in France had no bread to eat Marie Antoinette is reputed to have said ‘let them eat cake’.
A peasant (or pedant) writes:
The phrase she is said to have used is ‘Alors, qu’ils mangent de la brioche’.
Which has been rendered, imperfectly, by ‘Google Translate’ of the day, as ‘let them eat cake’.
The translator obviously not being aware of French bread-making terminology.

Slime

LE
A peasant (or pedant) writes:
The phrase she is said to have used is ‘Alors, qu’ils mangent de la brioche’.
Which has been rendered, imperfectly, by ‘Google Translate’ of the day, as ‘let them eat cake’.
The translator obviously not being aware of French bread-making terminology.
No need for pedant mode, the clue was in my post :)
I said ‘reputed’ to have said rather than said. :)

NSP

LE
Seems Jezza is so lacking in charisma that even "comedians" were/are confounded...

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems Jezza is so lacking in charisma that even "comedians" were/are confounded...

' Not so much by Corbyn himself – whose bone-dry, self-deprecating humour was never seen enough in his television appearances – ' - or even at all, one could say.

incidentally - I've been having a read of the Joe Ryle piece someone linked to earlier I believe, and found this quite disquieting message in the comments -

it appears - from the tone and the context - to be from one of Jezza's faithful who do indeed see last years result as a 'betrayal' - here's their response to a comment from someone claiming to be from NI, and that over in the counties anyone who actually acted in that manner would be putting themselves in physical danger -

' I'd suggest to those named in the report - that they should be very very careful. Some people, will not forgive, or forget.'

1596915574940.png

is it me or that rather sinister??

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Who is this deluded muppet writing this utter crap ?
a brief look at their website would appear to strike me that they're a fairly typical loony leftie - ie a string of non-jobs where they get to have a go at people and tell them how bad they are - About Me

and they appear to know very little about comedy as well. (but then why am I surprised?)

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
' Not so much by Corbyn himself – whose bone-dry, self-deprecating humour was never seen enough in his television appearances – ' - or even at all, one could say.

incidentally - I've been having a read of the Joe Ryle piece someone linked to earlier I believe, and found this quite disquieting message in the comments -

it appears - from the tone and the context - to be from one of Jezza's faithful who do indeed see last years result as a 'betrayal' - here's their response to a comment from someone claiming to be from NI, and that over in the counties anyone who actually acted in that manner would be putting themselves in physical danger -

' I'd suggest to those named in the report - that they should be very very careful. Some people, will not forgive, or forget.'

View attachment 495582

It would be sinister if they weren't so obviously congenitally retards. Anyone that believes the "Jeremy just wanted a fairer society with better public services" line is too stupid to be a genuine threat

Was that bone dry humour when accused the Jews of having no sense of humour over anti semetic murals?

TamH70

MIA

Did you know that the guy who said that during the making of "Monty Python's Life of Brian" got a bonus on his wages for his self-awarded speaking part?

The blame game continues.
The former Labour leader has put his name to a document that accuses “senior paid employees of the party” of “sabotage” during the 2017 election.
It is the same with all attempts by Corbyn to blame someone else for his own failure. Yes, a lot of the mainstream media were against him. That is almost the whole point of the Corbyn movement: it was hostile to the establishment, including to the established media, and expected hostility in return, because it saw itself as a challenge to the media’s power.

Didn't he once threaten the media?
So, yes, Corbyn could have won in 2017, but it wasn’t sabotage from his own side that stopped it. The giveaway, as Nick Cohen points out, is that Corbyn complains about 2017, when a lot of Labour staff were “Blairites” and he did better than expected, and not about 2019, when he had total control of the party machine and did worse than at any time since 1935.
Ha Ha, get out of that one Corbyn!

Last edited:

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
The former Labour leader has put his name to a document that accuses “senior paid employees of the party” of “sabotage” during the 2017 election.
It is the same with all attempts by Corbyn to blame someone else for his own failure. Yes, a lot of the mainstream media were against him. That is almost the whole point of the Corbyn movement: it was hostile to the establishment, including to the established media, and expected hostility in return, because it saw itself as a challenge to the media’s power.

So, yes, Corbyn could have won in 2017, but it wasn’t sabotage from his own side that stopped it. The giveaway, as Nick Cohen points out, is that Corbyn complains about 2017, when a lot of Labour staff were “Blairites” and he did better than expected, and not about 2019, when he had total control of the party machine and did worse than at any time since 1935.
There is a marvelous quote from Jordan Peterson "There is nothing attractive about an over-grown child". Frankly Corbyn is a septuagenarian toddler. Never mind having not grown up since his student radical days.

Slime

LE
There is a marvelous quote from Jordan Peterson "There is nothing attractive about an over-grown child". Frankly Corbyn is a septuagenarian toddler. Never mind having not grown up since his student radical days.
Of late we might need to state more often WHICH corbyn hasnt grown up, now that his brother has got in on the act with with anti 5G and no pandemic malarkey :)

Being a bit of a wally seems a family business for them :)

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Nick Cohen eh? See it woz the Jooooos all along. :eek:

Imagine sitting out in the shires and watching those at the centre alienate the electorate more and more, only to be told that all was well and it was the electorate’s ignorance that was the problem, not the policies and pronouncements.
And also not forgetting the implied message that it is your fault for failing to articulate the message from the centre to the electorate effectively.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

View attachment 495582

It certainly feeds into an attractive narrative of "we were robbed".
The specifiying of only 2,227 votes from victory dangles a carrot of hope that will continue to attract marginal types like moths to a flame

TamH70

MIA
It certainly feeds into an attractive narrative of "we were robbed".
The specifiying of only 2,227 votes from victory dangles a carrot of hope that will continue to attract marginal types like moths to a flame
We've already had the "stabbed in the back" narrative, and the "it was the Jews that did it narrative". There are two more phases to come if my history learning has taught me anything, but since Labour are electoral poison at the moment, we should be spared the inevitable Krystallnacht and der Nacht der Langen Messer reoccurrences when Jon and Jeremy's buddies clean house of their ideological enemies.

Note I said, "should". I don't put anything past the electorate down South.

Latest Threads