Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

philc

LE
Very much so. And composed of those prepared to slavishly follow the party line. Abbott stating that she would support whatever was the party policy no matter what was typical and, I’d suggest, a moral dereliction.

I suspect also that there were plenty of others who kept their heads down and waited for the storm to pass, rather than be tarred with the Corbyn brush later in their careers.

Politicians, eh?
Or as has been said before run to stand as Mayors or any other elected office as a Labour candidate but not controlled and distant from Corbyn.

aardvark64

War Hero
Or even
Or as has been said before run to stand as Mayors or any other elected office as a Labour candidate but not controlled and distant from Corbyn.
Or even made a 'principled stand' and left the party entirely?

Does joining LibDems or ChangeUK equate to 'walking in the wildeness'?

I have been a drunken gobshite but am now addicted to Fentiman's cola ( its nice).
You are forgiven my son.
Forgiven? Is he bollox forgiven...

At this point I have a dark secret to reveal.

I am distantly related to the woman Formby.

There. I've said it.

I throw myself on the mercy of the assembled drunken gobshites.
You know what needs to be done. I expect you’ll be going outside and may be some time.

I'm honestly not sure about all of it, I think a contributory factor is the whole "zionist conspiracy" drivel and an obsession with Palestine which has been a cause celebre for the lefty student politics types for decades.
Of course blaming zionism is just an excuse to try to poke at a group that is opposed to Islam and the Labour lot see the muslims as a natural bunch of Labour voters. I do find that somewhat confusing as the muslim business people I know are very much not Labour voters.
Which in turn plays to the crowd by way of deliberately irritating middle class white voters. Corbyn & Co have seen this as a legitimate aim for decades, helping those with no particular desire to reciprocate towards those actually footing the bill and rejoicing in the fact that it pisses off those actually footing the bill.

If you’ve ever sat and watched a toddler tantrum and wondered what’s going on inside their heads, just watch Corbyn &Co for your answer. Petulant, inadequate nobodies, flailing blindly at what they perceive to be their tormentors. The difference is the average toddler would be clouted sat on the naughty step, we’ve been indulging these fuckwits for 40+ years.

Its credible because she’s an idiot but sadly we should check everything for credible sources.

Even if it had been true it doesn’t excuse the abuse and threats. Mockery is fine.
There was of course a time when anything said by the media was credible. Nowadays it appears that anything said by our elected representatives, of any creed and of any level of utter bellendery is credible.

Phillips is in no position to cry foul given her propensity for self aggrandising nastiness in the mistaken (?) belief that she can say what she wants as an MP. The mere fact that many saw this as credible simply underlines the point.

She did however tell Abbott to fuck off so perhaps she does deserve at least some credit.

There was of course a time when anything said by the media was credible. Nowadays it appears that anything said by our elected representatives, of any creed and of any level of utter bellendery is credible.

Phillips is in no position to cry foul given her propensity for self aggrandising nastiness in the mistaken (?) belief that she can say what she wants as an MP. The mere fact that many saw this as credible simply underlines the point.

She did however tell Abbott to fuck off so perhaps she does deserve at least some credit.
Why should anyone get any form of credit for doing what should be the only response:).

Corbyn's actions bankrupting the Labour party would be one of the most hilarious moments I can think of.
He is at least consistent. He’s bankrupted pretty much every other organisation he’s ever had any influence over, including his own constituency office. That and the Labour Party are different only in it being sounding gullible peoples’ money rather than the wholesale and much more insidious Spunking of public funds over his years in local Government and the mighty close shave in 2017 which would have allowed him to upgrade from wholesale to industrial levels of profligacy with other people’s money. He even managed to run his own household as a loss making gang shag.

Labour Party members have a choice, taxpayers don’t.

The bastard owes me £6.

Why should anyone get any form of credit for doing what should be the only response:).
Fair comment but it does separate her from the herd in that she realised that “of course St Dianne, your views have primacy and are unarguable” wasn’t the only option available.

And when I say “credit” I mean credit in terms of being afforded a quick death rather than a more 1940s Japanese stylee elimination from the gene pool.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Bugger, that’s most of this week written off!
Fortunately for me, it's blocked by my work intranet. So I might actually do some work this month. Might.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads