Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I would happily see, and assist, him being dropped down a very deep shaft.
(NOT an euphemism)
there's a joke there about the fragrant Dianne's holiest of holies.

But Corbyn was going to open the mines.

But two years latter-

The real world can be such a bitch at times. He did clarify his original statement and said only one mine to be opened and that will be in Wales. He also said that deep mines were far better than open cast mines. For who, definitely not the workers who have to go down them.
Have you perhaps noticed, that they are the Labour parties of two completely different countries? Half a world away kinda thing. As much as I despise the ridiculous UK marxists, even they can't be held responsible for the Australian Labour Party's policies.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Beat me to it but yes.
Backbench ogre.
It's what he was and what he will go back to.
For ever fighting for liberty and justice along with all those other special things he experienced when he was 19 and a voluntary youth worker in south america.
"Go back to"? That's what he was doing whilst leader of the opposition; the only real difference is where he now sits.

Another one in the eye for Corbyn and his leadership style ... Courtesy of the Guardian ...

Labour is poised to make a formal apology to antisemitism whistleblowers as part of a settlement designed to draw a line under allegations made during the Jeremy Corbyn era, the Guardian has learned.

The whistleblowers sued the party for defamation in the wake of a BBC Panorama investigation last year. No final settlement has been reached but sources said an agreement was imminent.
... full article linky ... Labour set to apologise to antisemitism whistleblowers

.... and an out of court settlement .

Last edited:

philc

LE
Further induced Corbyn joy, I am guessing this involves groveling apologies and large sums of wonga. Wonder how much actual money Corbyn cost the Labour party, not the crushing humiliation and defeat but actual money.

Oh and the lawyer representing the whistleblowers, Mark Lewis, mentioned before but he really dislikes Labour and Corbyn, amoungst a long list.

The whistleblowers sued the party for defamation in the wake of a BBC Panorama investigation last year. No final settlement has been reached but sources said an agreement was imminent.

Seven of the eight whistleblowers – all former Labour staffers – who featured in the documentary instructed the prominent media lawyer Mark Lewis to take action against the party.

They claimed senior figures had issued statements attacking their reputations and suggesting they had ulterior political and personal motives to undermine the party.

Labour is expected to settle a separate case with the veteran journalist John Ware, who led the Panorama investigation and who sued over a statement by Labour that the BBC had engaged in “deliberate and malicious representations designed to mislead the public” in its broadcast.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Its a pity that victims of the terrorism he encouraged can’t sue him.

Nah, he is just an absolute cretin. He cannot remember which way he has blown in the past, and doesn't have a clue about which way he will blow in the future.

Unless he gets some helpful letters from Brenda of Skegness. In crayon.
He's even campaigned against his own policies before the daft twat

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He's even campaigned against his own policies before the daft twat
That could be a dilemma. Any sensible person campaigning against his policies might accidentally find themselves agreeing with him.

philc

LE
Poor Jeremy, has to take his bike in the house through the front door, my wife would kill me.

offog

LE
Have I missed something, what document was he given?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Poor Jeremy, has to take his bike in the house through the front door, my wife would kill me.

Can it be that the enquiry into Russian interference in the December 2019 says it favoured Comrade Cobb and his fellow travellers? No doubt the comrade will be denying all knowledge - mind you thats probably true.

offog

LE
As Magic Grandpa or as Agent Cob?
Jut read the BBC report and it's the "the Tory bar-stewards are going to sell off the NHS". It's not surprising really as their were not grown ups around him at the time who were able to look at it and say "this is rubbish don't go with it". I think they got covered with egg within minuets of the press conference.

Magic Grandpa seems very upset to have been found with his fingerprints on teh offending documents

Latest Threads