Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Exactly the type of Labour MP I am talking about. Useless, however she is an MP for 5 years, maybe more. She alienates most right thinking voters with the Millie Tannte Student Politics. If Labour want to win an election, her and others need to go. Deselected, what ever she is embarrassingly bad and a constant reminder of how poor Labour MPs are.
Oh, that is wonderful - I do hope Labour keep wheeling that moron out for interview, but I rather doubt we’ll be hearing much more from it

This is the future of Labour:
Claudia Webbe. MP for Leicester East, having taken over from the washing machine salesman Jim Vaz.

Thick as pigshit: typical of the quality of the majority of Labour MPs.
Is she making a bid to become the next Dianne Abbott?

philc

LE
Pound shop trot.

philc

LE

philc

LE
Poor jez, not having a good day, not only celebrating a virtual Durham Minors gala and the masses reminding him, his actions gave Durham a load of Tory MPs and an 80 majority, he then tweets about the massacre at Srebenica which is the 25th anniversary today.

Seems some remember his EDM from that time.

That this House welcomes John Pilger's column for the New Statesman issue of 13th December, reminding readers of the devastating human cost of the so-termed 'humanitarian' invasion of Kosovo, led by NATO and the United States in the Spring of 1999, without any sanction of the United Nations Security Council; congratulates John Pilger on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo;

You can read the replies, either he has thick skin is just thick, really thick, I have gone beyond loathing the man to a level of absolute disgust.

Poor jez, not having a good day, not only celebrating a virtual Durham Minors gala and the masses reminding him, his actions gave Durham a load of Tory MPs and an 80 majority, he then tweets about the massacre at Srebenica which is the 25th anniversary today.

That this House welcomes John Pilger's column for the New Statesman issue of 13th December, reminding readers of the devastating human cost of the so-termed 'humanitarian' invasion of Kosovo, led by NATO and the United States in the Spring of 1999, without any sanction of the United Nations Security Council; congratulates John Pilger on his expose of the fraudulent justifications for intervening in a 'genocide' that never really existed in Kosovo;

You can read the replies, either he has thick skin is just thick, really thick, I have gone beyond loathing the man to a level of absolute disgust.

Something about double standards?

RBMK

Old-Salt
Jezza is going down in history like the irrelevant foot-note that he is.

Did you see what I did there?

S

Shame that the Durham Miners Gala got scrubbed this year.

For the first time ever more people voted Conservative than Labour in County Durham last year and three of the six seats now have Conservative MPs, Blair's old seat of Sedgefield, my home town of Bishop Auckland and Durham North West.

The three Conservative MPs had said that as elected representatives they were going to attend this years Gala. I'd have paid good money to see that, and the look on Corbyn's face.

Anyway, with the end of deep mining 35 years ago I can't see the point of the Gala. And considering how crap and life limiting the job was I can't see the point of glorifying it. Perhaps they should put up a statue of Margaret Thatcher in Durham city centre to commemorate the fact that she cleaned up the local environment and extended the lives of a load of oppressed (by the NUM) miners.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I don't understand why people want Labour to be entirely non-effective. I don't want them in power, but I have always believed that for us to have a strong, accountable government we need a strong (NB: Not needlessly obstructive, which is sadly often what happens) opposition to keep them in check.
The Liberal Democrats would make a decent Loyal Opposition. It would be a better fot for the decent members of the Labour Party. The Labour Party has no purpose.

The Liberal Democrats would make a decent Loyal Opposition. It would be a better fot for the decent members of the Labour Party. The Labour Party has no purpose.
There was a time when the Lib Dems made some inroads but they seem to have replaced Ashdown, Kennedy and Menzies with some truly awful sorts. There may be the odd decent MP or MEP, despite our differing positions. One thing about Cable is that although I disagree with him at least he is civil and not disagreeable as a person from what I've seen and heard over the years. Raging Davey, messianic Swinson and shouty Moran on the other hand have knackered the party's credibility in my opinion, along with that chap who said sorry.

The way I view a party's position these days is more of a span than a pinpoint on a linear scale. Even that is a simplification. I can't vote Labour and have never found common ground with them, though I do respect a number of former Labour MPs who were bullied out or left in disgust.

Whenever I have listened to Portillo, I have agreed with him most of the time. I haven't agreed with everything Farage has said or maybe the way he said it but have agreed with a lot, possibly most of it. So often what he has said turned out to be bang on the money. Patrick O'Flynn keeps nailing it. Nobody is 100% but he gets a lot right in my view. The new Social Democrats are Centre/Centre Left but far more Conservative than PMTM in my view - I see her as left of centre authoritarian. There's my issue with the Conservative party but it is changing.

I think despite the problems, many wish Boris and his team to succeed. I wouldn't blame him at all if he decided at some point before the next G.E. to spend more time with his current and extended family. I do worry that the Conservatives could be drifting to Lib Dem territory (Brexit excepted).

Soc Dems were not standing in my area but if they had I think I would have voted for them. I wonder if John Mann, Frank Field and Kate Hoey might have found a political home there? A number of anti-Brexit pro SJW Cons certainly would not have. I think Soc Dems are a viable alternative to the anti-democratic, Lib Dems.

There was a time when the Lib Dems made some inroads but they seem to have replaced Ashdown, Kennedy and Menzies with some truly awful sorts. There may be the odd decent MP or MEP, despite our differing positions. One thing about Cable is that although I disagree with him at least he is civil and not disagreeable as a person from what I've seen and heard over the years. Raging Davey, messianic Swinson and shouty Moran on the other hand have knackered the party's credibility in my opinion, along with that chap who said sorry.

The way I view a party's position these days is more of a span than a pinpoint on a linear scale. Even that is a simplification. I can't vote Labour and have never found common ground with them, though I do respect a number of former Labour MPs who were bullied out or left in disgust.

Whenever I have listened to Portillo, I have agreed with him most of the time. I haven't agreed with everything Farage has said or maybe the way he said it but have agreed with a lot, possibly most of it. So often what he has said turned out to be bang on the money. Patrick O'Flynn keeps nailing it. Nobody is 100% but he gets a lot right in my view. The new Social Democrats are Centre/Centre Left but far more Conservative than PMTM in my view - I see her as left of centre authoritarian. There's my issue with the Conservative party but it is changing.

I think despite the problems, many wish Boris and his team to succeed. I wouldn't blame him at all if he decided at some point before the next G.E. to spend more time with his current and extended family. I do worry that the Conservatives could be drifting to Lib Dem territory (Brexit excepted).

Soc Dems were not standing in my area but if they had I think I would have voted for them. I wonder if John Mann, Frank Field and Kate Hoey might have found a political home there? A number of anti-Brexit pro SJW Cons certainly would not have. I think Soc Dems are a viable alternative to the anti-democratic, Lib Dems.
They are politicians. The only home they deserve is under a patio.

A fheckin huge one.

The b'stards

offog

LE
Anyway, with the end of deep mining 35 years ago I can't see the point of the Gala.
But Corbyn was going to open the mines.
Corbynmania went into orbit when the Labour leadership frontrunner revealed he would reopen coal mines if he becomes Prime Minister.
But two years latter-
Labour would retire coal-fired power plants and never fund new ones under recommendations from a Senate committee to be released on Monday, forcing thousands of workers to transition into new jobs while pushing towards and emissions intensity scheme
The real world can be such a bitch at times. He did clarify his original statement and said only one mine to be opened and that will be in Wales. He also said that deep mines were far better than open cast mines. For who, definitely not the workers who have to go down them.

But Corbyn was going to open the mines.

But two years latter-

The real world can be such a bitch at times. He did clarify his original statement and said only one mine to be opened and that will be in Wales. He also said that deep mines were far better than open cast mines. For who, definitely not the workers who have to go down them.
there's a surprise, coming from a clown who has never actually worked - ever.
I would happily see, and assist, him being dropped down a very deep shaft.
(NOT an euphemism)

Latest Threads