Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

1560244053458.png

The way things are going, and even with support in his own party thankfully diminishing, Corbyn and the frighteningly single-minded ever-righteous group just behind him could actually end up in power if votes are split at the next GE. Many posters here don’t believe it could happen, but then just look at UK politics over the past three years. Nothing is even close to certain.

Me? I’m an ex-squaddie and will do whatever I need to do to prepare, adapt and endure. I’ve been a lecturer in STEM subjects for various universities for about 25 years now, and even though I’m only slightly right of centre I’m not taking any chances with my pensions, due in just a few years. To that end I’ve started to prepare sets of undergraduate questions in preparation for when I need to gain favour, a new and natty uniform and access to a fully-staffed dacha at weekends:

- At a given instant an orchestral string section is composed of 12 violinists each playing at 96 dB, six viola players playing at 83 dB and two bassists playing at 78 dB. How shit was Thatcher?

- A uranium atom undergoes spontaneous fission and in doing so releases an energy of 4.3 MeV. Immediately before fission the outer shell contained 2 electrons. With this information calculate and therefore deduce the likely isotope, and comment on how unfair it is that the electrons are forced to the margins and how it’s about time a more inclusive particle was put in charge of the police.

- A consumer-level audio digital recording system has a maximum sampling rate of 44.1 kHz instead of the more accepted professional rate of 48 kHz. Assuming the system is 16-bit, calculate how large the gap is between the income of a Labrador owner and Bazzer, an unemployed school kitchen assistant with hygiene and legal issues. Show your anger.

The way things are going, and even with support in his own party thankfully diminishing, Corbyn and the frighteningly single-minded ever-righteous group just behind him could actually end up in power if votes are split at the next GE. Many posters here don’t believe it could happen, but then just look at UK politics over the past three years. Nothing is even close to certain.

Me? I’m an ex-squaddie and will do whatever I need to do to prepare, adapt and endure. I’ve been a lecturer in STEM subjects for various universities for about 25 years now, and even though I’m only slightly right of centre I’m not taking any chances with my pensions, due in just a few years. To that end I’ve started to prepare sets of undergraduate questions in preparation for when I need to gain favour, a new and natty uniform and access to a fully-staffed dacha at weekends:

- At a given instant an orchestral string section is composed of 12 violinists each playing at 96 dB, six viola players playing at 83 dB and two bassists playing at 78 dB. How shit was Thatcher?

- A uranium atom undergoes spontaneous fission and in doing so releases an energy of 4.3 MeV. Immediately before fission the outer shell contained 2 electrons. With this information calculate and therefore deduce the likely isotope, and comment on how unfair it is that the electrons are forced to the margins and how it’s about time a more inclusive particle was put in charge of the police.

- A consumer-level audio digital recording system has a maximum sampling rate of 44.1 kHz instead of the more accepted professional rate of 48 kHz. Assuming the system is 16-bit, calculate how large the gap is between the income of a Labrador owner and Bazzer, an unemployed school kitchen assistant with hygiene and legal issues. Show your anger.
You're still heading for the gulag: you didn't make them multiple choice. You fascist bastard.

A while ago there was a spoof BBC announcement on a R4 comedy show;

".... whilst scientists have concluded that asteroid XBV34 will impact the earth in the next 48 hours and completely destroy the planet, on tonight's Panorama we investigate how this will disproportionately affect the poorest in society and ask the question 'Just what is this government going to do about that', also woeful lack of government preparation for the effect of the asteroid on climate change"

... and to compound Corbyn's problems ... Labour Party staff are revolting and are to have a ballot concerning strike action ....

full article linky .... Labour Staff Formally Decide to Hold Ballot on Strike Action -

Some interesting comments on the Guido page .
I might show up as a scab and permanently knacker labour by telling corbyn he's doing a great job, only change needed is to make Diane shadow chancellor and watch the eleventy zillion budget surplus forecast wow the nation.