Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

A drill faux pas caused a chum of mind to catch the eye of one of the shoutier of the pace-stick carrying shouty types.

"You Sir! Double down there and make sure you salute, apologise to Queen Victoria and listen to what she has to say"

Some time later when our hero has not returned drill turned into "find him!"

Eventually he is found in his room on his bed.

"What do you think you are doing Sir? "

"Well Colour I did what you said and I doubled down, saluted Her Majesty, apologised and listened for her advice."

"And"

"She said Never mind Phil have the rest of the afternoon off"
I am guessing that he felt that the ensuing Coy Comd's warning and RoPs were worth it. :-D

Truxx

LE
Indeed. The tale has transmogrified into King Hussain of Jordan taking exactly that same journey. Here's his son, my old mucker from Staff College, King Abdullah, representing Her Madge on the Commissioning of his son:

I think our inspecting officer was a crab. I should dig out the picture of our collective platoon entry into the "how not to get commissioned" competition.

Somehow we scraped through....

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Indeed. The tale has transmogrified into King Hussain of Jordan taking exactly that same journey. Here's his son, my old mucker from Staff College, King Abdullah, representing Her Madge on the Commissioning of his son:

TamH70

MIA
By God, but there's some razor sharp minds lurking in the Comm . . . Labour Party:

1. PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUENCIES BILL: SECOND READING Until 10.00pm (Standing Order No. 9(3)) Keir Starmer Cat Smith Rachel Reeves Angela Rayner Valerie Vaz Mr Nicholas Brown That this House whilst supporting the retention of 650 parliamentary constituencies declines to give a Second Reading to the Parliamentary Constituencies Bill because the Bill would disproportionately and undemocratically concentrate power over constituency sizes and boundaries in the hands of the executive, because the Bill fails to create a more flexible electoral quota allowing greater consideration to be given to local ties and community connections when drawing constituency boundaries, and because the proposed numeration date for the boundary review of 1 December 2020 risks boundaries being based on an incomplete register owing to the impact of the covid-19 pandemic on the preparation of electoral registers.

Fine: I understand that they are against this proposed legislation and are obliged to hold the government up to scrutiny.

However, my bolded section is very much a WTF moment.

I can only assume that the Bargain Poundland Box of 100 straws was diffy a few and they were reduced to grasping at the mild blip of Covid attributable deaths would so skew the electoral registers as to reduce certain parts of the country to 21st Century 'rotten boroughs'.

Idiots.

Last edited:
Ha ha. You can always count on the Bish.
Actually I was friendly with King Hussein through our interest in radio and still have a transceiver he gifted me. His callsign was JY1 and he was a delight to everyone.
My grandson graduated from RMAS last year but doesn't think he came across our own Mister Bouquet. :cool:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Actually I was friendly with King Hussein through our interest in radio and still have a transceiver he gifted me. His callsign was JY1 and he was a delight to everyone.
My grandson graduated from RMAS last year but doesn't think he came across our own Mister Bouquet. :cool:
I will have watched his Sovereign's Parade. Which month was it? Were you able to attend?

Magic Grandad trying to gain some distance between his 'leadership' and the EHRC investigation, which as we now all know is part of the government. Who knew? Why did oooohhh Jeremy keep that to himself for such a long time?

Magic Grandad trying to gain some distance between his 'leadership' and the EHRC investigation, which as we now all know is part of the government. Who knew? Why did oooohhh Jeremy keep that to himself for such a long time?

I'm just shocked he didn't claim that the EHRC was part of a Zionist conspiracy

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm just shocked he didn't claim that the EHRC was part of a Zionist conspiracy
Give it time, personally I can't see why he's worried after all the grate branes here have stated there's no Anti Semetism in Labour FACT! So he'll come out squeaky clean and with a shiny pound coin from the poor box in his pocket.

Have a double smiley for 'Mr Bucket'.
A perfect description.

Middle East Eye doesnt like Israel much

From the same page that Corbyns interview is advertised on.

Latest Threads