Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

That statue is not lined up with the portico.

You need to get onto someone about that . . .
Nevermind that, did I see grass growing down the side of the plinth ? Time to lift a few names from the RSMs naughty book.

Nevermind that, did I see grass growing down the side of the plinth ? Time to lift a few names from the RSMs naughty book.

No need for that! Just get the caretaker's assistant to do it. You know, the old chap... always hanging around apologising to people... sometimes helps out at dinner nights.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Then he needs to move the building . . .
I thought it easier to move the statue. Did a bit of weeding, too, since groundsmen working from home isn't as effective as required. Which view do you prefer?

Really lovely down by the lake today.
DSC02696 (2).JPG

DSC02697 (2).JPG

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
No need for that! Just get the caretaker's assistant to do it. You know, the old chap... always hanging around apologising to people... sometimes helps out at dinner nights.
Dinner nights are so 2019.

I thought it easier to move the statue. Did a bit of weeding, too, since groundsmen working from home isn't as effective as required. Which view do you prefer?

Really lovely down by the lake today.View attachment 477909

View attachment 477908
Nice photos. In the approach road, where the markings form an incomplete triangle, there just so happens to be a dark spot, approximately where the apex would be. A photo, possibly wide angle, from a small drone or a camera on a long pole might be interesting. Perhaps a few hours earlier when the sun is lower in the sky and with a darker sky to the North? Just thinking aloud.

1590860029511.png

philc

LE
Wonder what’s going in Corbyns head now, aside from the fact he was kicked in the sack so hard it put Labour back. 100 years I bet he is thinking if only the people had seen sense. Only he could lead the country at a time like this, Glastonbury type press conferences, the masses lapping up every sentences, mass adulation for careers, the borders thrown open to all the medical experts camped in Calais. Every man and his dog given £5000 per month to spend, regardless of consequences. And his brother as Chief Scientific advisor.

Some times I regret voting Tory.

Truxx

LE

Really lovely down by the lake today.View attachment 477909

View attachment 477908
A drill faux pas caused a chum of mind to catch the eye of one of the shoutier of the pace-stick carrying shouty types.

"You Sir! Double down there and make sure you salute, apologise to Queen Victoria and listen to what she has to say"

Some time later when our hero has not returned drill turned into "find him!"

Eventually he is found in his room on his bed.

"What do you think you are doing Sir? "

"Well Colour I did what you said and I doubled down, saluted Her Majesty, apologised and listened for her advice."

"And"

"She said Never mind Phil have the rest of the afternoon off"

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
A drill faux pas caused a chum of mind to catch the eye of one of the shoutier of the pace-stick carrying shouty types.

"You Sir! Double down there and make sure you salute, apologise to Queen Victoria and listen to what she has to say"

Some time later when our hero has not returned drill turned into "find him!"

Eventually he is found in his room on his bed.

"What do you think you are doing Sir? "

"Well Colour I did what you said and I doubled down, saluted Her Majesty, apologised and listened for her advice."

"And"

"She said Never mind Phil have the rest of the afternoon off"
Indeed. The tale has transmogrified into King Hussain of Jordan taking exactly that same journey. Here's his son, my old mucker from Staff College, King Abdullah, representing Her Madge on the Commissioning of his son:

Latest Threads