Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The 'i' are trying to rewrite history and make Corbyn out to be the best thing that happened to the Labour Party and nearly the Country! What a load of sh!the. The man never win, or came close to winning, and GE and indeed took the Labour Party to their worst result in nearly 100 years, but he is still the man who changed politics!
Well just watch them change back again as the new leader sets out his stall !

Corbyn is an abject failure but this can't be admitted by the left of reality media. :(

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
The 'i' are trying to rewrite history and make Corbyn out to be the best thing that happened to the Labour Party and nearly the Country! What a load of sh!the. The man never win, or came close to winning, and GE and indeed took the Labour Party to their worst result in nearly 100 years, but he is still the man who changed politics!

Corbyn is an abject failure but this can't be admitted by the left of reality media. :(
But he did change politics - he turned Labour from an opposition party into an unelectable rabble.

But he did change politics - he turned Labour from an opposition party into an unelectable rabble.
If it had been say David Milliband or someone appearing vaguely sensible vs Theresa May a few years back, I doubt we'd have a Tory government now

That is his legacy, a Conservative government that wouldn't have happened without Corbyn riding to their rescue

The glaring omission in there is the complete lack of leadership via the whips of the PLP. Corbyn is a rabble-rouser, not a leader.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
If it had been say David Milliband or someone appearing vaguely sensible vs Theresa May a few years back, I doubt we'd have a Tory government now

That is his legacy, a Conservative government that wouldn't have happened without Corbyn riding to their rescue
Not to mention Boris Johnson as PM, the Brexit we should have had from the start and the heart-warming sight of legions of ultra-liberal bed-wetters gnashing their teeth as their toxic world view is ground to powder.

I've got a lot of time for Jeremy.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The glaring omission in there is the complete lack of leadership via the whips of the PLP. Corbyn is a rabble-rouser, not a leader.
That's fair enough, Labour are a rabble.

Exactly. The only successful (and I use that word advisedly) Labour government in the last 30 years has been a centre left party. Starmer will change tack as quickly as a trans Atlantic yachtsman if he gets the job.
Wrong daily will just keep steering towards the edge of the world!

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly. The only successful (and I use that word advisedly) Labour government in the last 30 years has been a centre left party. Starmer will change tack as quickly as a trans Atlantic yachtsman if he gets the job.
Wrong daily will just keep steering towards the edge of the world!
That's what I would expect. I always had Starmer down as a New Labour shill rather than as an acolyte of Comrade Jeremy.

I do hope Rebecca Whatshername prevails though and the pantomime continues.

Turning the labour party into an overt anti semitic Islam leaning communist party that will never be elected for 50 years is quite a feat so yes, he has changed politics.
Best £3 I ever spent, Cheers, wobble gobbed Miliband.

Interesting

He's not really saying anything new and takes a hell of a long time not to say it. Everyone outside the momentum in-crowd, their acolytes and party sycophants knew Ed and Jezza were carrying out pseudo-Shinto rituals before becoming the divine wind. Unfortunately for them, they failed to score any hits on capital ships. That's why so many entryists joined the party to elect Corbyn in the first place. Admittedly it was a bit touch and go for a few months, but the outcome was predictable and inevitable.

He seems to think that they can just wipe the slate clean with a new leader and a new manifesto, but I think he is much deluded. Lots of time will be needed, enough time so that voters somehow forget the worst of the nasty dogma of hatred, division and identity politics.

Interesting

Well the British public outside of squeaky wheels and useful idiots, have never had much time for communism, its only that they recently that many who supported Labour, have fully began to see what the hard left have been doing and many dont like it. Does our parliamentary democracy need a left of centre political party as a conservative.

I believe it does, it just needs to not be the Labour Party as it is now.

Sadly the political class of the last couple of decades has attracted poor quality on both sides of the political divide, and a media that is not competent or honest. I hope that the Labour party members can rise to the challenge of outing the left once and for all.

Good governance requires a good opposition, not too just oppose but to make, a government both honest and make decent legislation. .

Latest Threads