Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

When he does go, if ever, will he take his brother with him?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope the new Labour leader will get a grip of this crap and stop it returning to a message of we are here to help the country not score very cheap political points.
As the saying goes, not unless the hole in my @rse heals up.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to keep you worried, imagine if May had remained as PM...

I feel like we're Neo from the Matrix films at current dodging bullets left right and centre.
The bodies would have stacked up like cordwood and the UK would have been ordered by Germany and France to pay for Italy and Spain - and would have meekly done so.

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
He got more votes than Blair did when he won in 2005, if Boris had fucked it up or never won the leadership contest who knows if magic grandpa could have won.
Vs a crying on the steps of No 10, kitten heeled, bunker mentality "leader"?

I think we'd be seeing Flabbott as Home Sec.

Blogg

LE
With the manly flap of a chicken having just had it's neck stretched, The Great Steersman gives the PM the benefit of his many years of Parliamentary and Public service:

But wait, there is more: the Corbyn family does not have a single towering genius to offer the world.

Dr Death

War Hero
When is the New Leader being announced to take over from Comrade Corybn?
Will it be a full Labour state occasion with an official news reader telling how the ultimate leader has been replaced? 3 days of mourning followed by 3 days of wild celebration for the New Leader?

1585740578475.png

When is the New Leader being announced to take over from Comrade Corybn?
Will it be a full Labour state occasion with an official news reader telling how the ultimate leader has been replaced? 3 days of mourning followed by 3 days of wild celebration for the New Leader?
Saturday the 4th but no public counting/announcement, they'll simply tell us. The contenders have all done their victory speeches ready to go out on Zoom once we're told who won.

Yet the Mirror is one of the many papers that would berate the government for not following the scientific advice, if it could.

According to today's Times it was the scientific advice that played down the threat (right-hand column)...

View attachment 461622
Indeed, the Times today printed a story with a headline which says: "
Donald Trump: Britain’s coronavirus response ‘catastrophic’, which is simply untrue. What he said was:

“If you remember, they were looking at that concept — I guess it’s a concept if you don't mind death, a lot of death — but they were looking at that in the UK, remember.
“All of sudden they went hard the other way because they started seeing things that weren’t good. They put themselves in a little bit of a problem.”
Mr Trump added: “They have a name for it, but we won’t even go by the name — it would have been very catastrophic I think if that would have happened.”

I've written a very stiff Comment to them about this. Disgruntled of Co Down.

philc

LE
I have not read the Corbyn latest 5 point letter to the PM, however it’s been pointed out it has Prime Minister twice in the address and has 2 point 4s.

It’s that attention to detail that enabled Jeremy on his stellar academic career.

PS I left school at 16, did okay in life but if I put a memo like that in front of a Director with those mistakes it would of been interview with no coffee or biscuits.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Saturday the 4th but no public counting/announcement, they'll simply tell us. The contenders have all done their victory speeches ready to go out on Zoom once we're told who won.
I think they should show all three acceptance speeches, on TV, then once they have been aired, announce the winner! :). It would be fun.

I wonder also just how disciplined the Labour Party are and not reveal the result before Saturday? To date they don't have much good form in the discipline stakes!