Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Can you imagine the absolute fückup which would have ensued if he had won the election and was PM?

He'd have us all hugging each other and singing Kumbya to get through it.
He'd been calling for a national strike, one out all out to support the virus

With the manly flap of a chicken having just had it's neck stretched, The Great Steersman gives the PM the benefit of his many years of Parliamentary and Public service:

Tragic, really. Makes you wonder whether he really thought that the PM (probably currently coughing his lungs up) really needed that tripe thrown at him. And tripe it is; Guido's comments are pretty fair. No, the government wasn't aware of the 4(?) - ok, 5 Points Of Importance. Advising that Testing was key; no, the Government wasn't aware, so many, many thanks.

That bloody man came so close to leading our nation's government; deeply terrifying.

I wonder how many people read this sort of trash and think to themselves; "No, it won't be Boris and his Front Bench who will be thrown outafter the Plague, it will be fools like this writer". This crisis will ground more than a few of the self-obsessed clowns who have made their fortunes with tales of their self-obsession, and whose Victimhood is suddenly seen to be nothing more than unjustifiable self-pity.

Tragic, really. Makes you wonder whether he really thought that the PM (probably currently coughing his lungs up) really needed that tripe thrown at him. And tripe it is; Guido's comments are pretty fair. No, the government wasn't aware of the 4(?) - ok, 5 Points Of Importance. Advising that Testing was key; no, the Government wasn't aware, so many, many thanks.

That bloody man came so close to leading our nation's government; deeply terrifying.
I agree.

Other than your last line.

I do not believe that he and the Islington Soviet were ever within spitting distance of the levers of power.

What we endured, as a nation, was the tinnitus buzz of the white noise of dogma. Nothing more and nothing less. It was a distraction that the a goodly majority of the voting public had seen through for some time.

. . .and, when confronted with a loud clown who quickly grew up and into the role as Leader of a fractured and squabbling party of Government, like the frost of April, they quickly melted away.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
On 28th:

New polling by Number Cruncher Politics for Bloomberg this week has found that the Conservative Party has climbed by nine points since December’s election to 54% – the highest ever voting intention share that any Tory government has received. Conversely, Labour has dropped by five points since its worst election defeat since 1935…

The numbers are even more stark in terms of general approval rather than voting intention. 72% are satisfied with Boris Johnson, compared to just 25% who are not, giving him an astonishing approval rating of +47. General approval for the Government is slightly higher, with 73% approving compared to 24% disapproving. Highest of all is Rishi Sunak, who sees 77% approval, compared to just 16% who disapprove. A net approval rating of +61…

If only the public would just wake up, eh?

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Best comment I've seen so far on this:

Drop it in the bin, Boris, and send him a reply:

The Dis-Hon Jerry Hasbyn MP
Islington Popular Front
Venezuela Towers
1a Hypocrit Lane
London

Dear Dusty Bin,
Thank you for you letter. Get lost! You're done and so is your party!

Love
Boris

PS. I coughed on this letter :)
Take a like if only for the 'I coughed on this letter'

sand_rat

Old-Salt
Take a like if only for the 'I coughed on this letter'
thats not the post I replied to, clearly covid has infected the ARRSE!

I wonder how many people read this sort of trash and think to themselves; "No, it won't be Boris and his Front Bench who will be thrown outafter the Plague, it will be fools like this writer". This crisis will ground more than a few of the self-obsessed clowns who have made their fortunes with tales of their self-obsession, and whose Victimhood is suddenly seen to be nothing more than unjustifiable self-pity.
Maguire is a real little sh1t isn't he?

If only the public would just wake up, eh?

Reminds me of the Labour plan to "rub the Right's nose in diversity"...

Well these days the Tories are certainly rubbing the Left's nose in defeat...

...and long may they continue to do so! :)

Edited to add that I am not so much a Conservative supporter, more like just a convinced opponent of Labour...

Maguire is a real little sh1t isn't he?
I'm not sure he believes all the rubbish he spouts, he certainly knows it sells papers though and lefties will lap it up

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I agree.

I do not believe that he and the Islington Soviet were ever within spitting distance of the levers of power.

What we endured, as a nation, was the tinnitus buzz of the white noise of dogma. Nothing more and nothing less. It was a distraction that the a goodly majority of the voting public had seen through for some time.

. . .and, when confronted with a loud clown who quickly grew up and into the role as Leader of a fractured and squabbling party of Government, like the frost of April, they quickly melted away.
It nearly came off with the help of some very disloyal and senior Tories and a dodgy Speaker.

It is no coincidence that Corbyn was the person putting Bercow up for dead stoats.

Just doing a scan of the various online news and comment sites, I think I've counted about four current - ie today's or very recent - articles Advising the Government on What It Should Be Doing. More than anything else, it shows just how pointless much of these sites really are; they won't be listened to by The Government, they probably raise the stress levels of their readers beyond what the our NHS would consider wise, and they're mostly probably horribly wrong. Maybe we should just bin most of them and stick with the Times.
Oh, and the Telegraph. And Guido. And Spiked. Breitbart? mmmm...

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's noticeable that these calls for a GE and extensions to Brexit negotiations came as the PM is recovering from Coronavirus. Very sporting of them to try this when Boris is at his weakest.

Still, at his weakest he is still a match for the Remainers!

I agree.

He got more votes than Blair did when he won in 2005, if Boris had fucked it up or never won the leadership contest who knows if magic grandpa could have won.

offog

LE
He got more votes than Blair did when he won in 2005, if Boris had fucked it up or never won the leadership contest who knows if magic grandpa could have won.
As I keep saying, getting an extra 4 billion votes and increasing your majority in Peckham means nothing, get one extra vote in Solihull wins you the seat.

Latest Threads