Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Slime

LE
The cleaners are going to be busy wiping up the blood what with Labour imploding from next Saturday and the SNP trying to stab each other in the back, front, side - anywhere. There is only one real alternative

Sorry to be a bit thick here, but is your reference to Labour to do with the change of leadership, or something else?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sorry to be a bit thick here, but is your reference to Labour to do with the change of leadership, or something else?
The question really is not so much who is going to be the next 'Leader' but will there be an actual change of leadership?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I think you'll find Labour are the Actual Monster Raving Looney Party. Or the Real Monster Raving Looney Party. Or the Continuity Monster Raving Looney Party. Magic Granddad will know. He's the SME on these things.

Last edited:
I think you'll find Labour are the Actual Monster Racing Looney Party. Or the Real Monster Racing Looney Party. Or the Continuity Monster Racing Looney Party. Magic Granddad will know. He's the SME on these things.
Do not unfairly compare an established and respected political party with a recently created bunch of political looneys.

The OMRL Party actually has policies.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Do not unfairly compare an established and respected political party with a recently created bunch of political looneys.

The OMRL Party Sinn Fein actually has policies.
Also works.

With everything that's going on at the moment, the Leadership race is just a "and finally" story on the news.
If Wrong Daily gets in then I can see Corbyn having some influence and maybe even a shadow cabinet post (shudder). but if Starmer gets in I can see Corbyn and McDonnell relegated to backbench has beens, where they will snipe and defy the whip like they always have done.

With everything that's going on at the moment, the Leadership race is just a "and finally" story on the news.
If Wrong Daily gets in then I can see Corbyn having some influence and maybe even a shadow cabinet post (shudder). but if Starmer gets in I can see Corbyn and McDonnell relegated to backbench has beens, where they will snipe and defy the whip like they always have done.
Starmer is really the dark horse, his beliefs aren't really far from Corbyn or McDonnell's but he's got a far more convincing cuddly grandpa act than McDonnell

As a hint McDonnell the Val Doonican jumpers are far too obvious an attempt to distance yourself from your IRA supporting Marxist beliefs

Fun and games awaited if Ding Dong is not manipulated into the job. Legal challenges and fist fights?
TBH, rather than pursue legal challenges I think the mainstream PLP would be very much better off by refusing to have anything to do with their front bench to the point of keeping absolutely shtumm in the chamber, voting with their conscience rather than Party Leadership direction and ignoring whatever their NEC says unless and until things change for the better.

TBH, rather than pursue legal challenges I think the mainstream PLP would be very much better off by refusing to have anything to do with their front bench to the point of keeping absolutely shtumm in the chamber, voting with their conscience rather than Party Leadership direction and ignoring whatever their NEC says unless and until things change for the better.
Except for the Trades Union sponsored MPs who will do as they are told.

Fun and games awaited if Ding Dong is not manipulated into the job. Legal challenges and fist fights?
I am given to understand that the current Coronavirus situation is likely to cause some logistical problems with the vote counting. As a result, and to avoid social distancing breaches, the Labour Party has decided to simplify matters by delegating the counting of votes to its Tower Hamlets branch.

Except for the Trades Union sponsored MPs who will do as they are told.
I think they should ignore them too if their Union advice is to follow the NEC and Leaderships direction, it's about time the Labour PLP grew some spheroids and spoke back to the extreme left and spoke up for the masses of Labour supporters who aren't extreme Left wing but support Left leaning* policies.

*DYSWIDT :)

I think they should ignore them too if their Union advice is to follow the NEC and Leaderships direction, it's about time the Labour PLP grew some spheroids and spoke back to the extreme left and spoke up for the masses of Labour supporters who aren't extreme Left wing but support Left leaning* policies.

*DYSWIDT :)
Oh, you sweet summer child . . .

The question really is not so much who is going to be the next 'Leader' but will there be an actual change of leadership?
Change of leadership implies they have leadership at the moment, perhaps they could have a people's vote on whether or not Corbyn has ever been a leader

I am given to understand that the current Coronavirus situation is likely to cause some logistical problems with the vote counting. As a result, and to avoid social distancing breaches, the Labour Party has decided to simplify matters by delegating the counting of votes to its Tower Hamlets branch.
Count to be verified by Abbott?

TH level of integrity is known to all, beyond question I tell you.

Magic Grandad has, almost unbelievably, managed to get the party formerly known as the Labour Parties approval rating EVEN LOWER than their worst showing in an election since 1935. That is absolutely stunning and shows just how totally out of touch they are with the average British person:

New polling by Number Cruncher Politics for Bloomberg this week has found that the Conservative Party has climbed by nine points since December’s election to 54% – the highest ever voting intention share that any Tory government has received. Conversely, Labour has dropped by five points since its worst election defeat since 1935…

Latest Threads