Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Last edited:
Don't you just love it when the left eats itself, over a minor point the rest of the world couldn't give a flying #@$* about.

Brilliant, isn't it?
They are trying to get a quote off Jeremy, but apparently he’s high tailing it down to Regents Park Mosque, so isn’t available.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The BBC are going into sycophancy mode reporting that the election of a ‘new’ Labour leader has gone into counting phase.

Wouldn’t it be fun to put Abbott in charge of the count?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The BBC are going into sycophancy mode reporting that the election of a ‘new’ Labour leader has gone into counting phase.

Everybody got all the votes, would I suspect be her result.

Not sure how they work that out as the hustings are still ongoing (one in Brighton on 29th Feb), members have not voted yet (although I get it that they don't really count for anything) and the announcement isn't until 4th April, nearly another 6 weeks away.

Edited to add: Voting opens today, finishes 2nd April.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Whoever wins will no doubt get 99% of the votes.

Especially if they are postal votes!

Not sure how they work that out as the hustings are still ongoing (one in Brighton on 29th Feb), members have not voted yet (although I get it that they don't really count for anything) and the announcement isn't until 4th April, nearly another 6 weeks away.

Surely they've already counted the votes in the Stalin approved fashion

As has been noted before, it would be much more appropriate if the result was announced on the morning of April the 1st.

Last edited:

philc

LE
During the leadership election of 2015 Labour had missing ballot papers or voters not receiving ballot papers. I recall one story that I cant find of a box of ballot papers being er found in a cupboard.

Not a good look and not the sort of administration you would want running anything.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
During the leadership election of 2015 Labour had missing ballot papers or voters not receiving ballot papers. I recall one story that I cant find of a box of ballot papers being er found in a cupboard.

Not a good look and not the sort of administration you would want running anything.

As I say, put Abbott in charge and there wouldn’t be any of that sort of nonsense. Cupboards are something servants deal with. I doubt if she knows where they are.

Got an email this morning telling me not to panic as the voting slips and electronic votes are on there way, just takes time for such a HUGE number of voters. I do wonder how many £3ers are in that total? :) I'm all ready to get Becky and Grangela into power, not Sir wotsisface and Boring Burgon. Those two luscious ladies are focused on us voters needs, none of this jobs, houses, Our NHS and crap like that. Trans rights is what concerns us.

philc

LE
Got an email this morning telling me not to panic as the voting slips and electronic votes are on there way, just takes time for such a HUGE number of voters. I do wonder how many £3ers are in that total? :) I'm all ready to get Becky and Grangela into power, not Sir wotsisface and Boring Burgon. Those two luscious ladies are focused on us voters needs, none of this jobs, houses, Our NHS and crap like that. Trans rights is what concerns us.
How difficult is it to send a group email to all registered Labour voters for an electronic vote? I get them a lot from supermarkets and all sorts. You get your database, run a report extracting email addresses and send out the group email with the link to the voting website and it’s done.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The dream team. Trotbot-Trotbot and Trotbot.

I look forward to PMQs. Standby for feminists outrage when BoJo disrespects them.

Truxx

LE
Oh, I don't know. Who was it from that there London who was quoted on another thread waxing lyrical about how he felt 'at home' in Uganda?

There's a lot of romanticising about a 'home' that many have never been to... usually places with poor water and sanitary conditions, huge disparities between rich and poor, an HIV problem and a despot in charge.
And yet there they are. In london.

Latest Threads