Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Latest voting figures, new government and Labour in transition into something but it’s still not good.

View attachment 450183
Here's another one but from Opinium. Note that Lib Dems (whole of UK party) are just 1% ahead of SNP (Scotland only party). Anti-Brexit and "never tory" voters simply shifted left to Labour. Labour moderates hoping that Starmer or Nandy might be less extreme than Corbyn and that Momentum and the NEC might somehow no longer hold sway. It will take more than hope to sort that corrupt insurgence out.

The Brexit Party is at 2% in the poll but in reality it is just a placeholder for Reform or whatever they may call themselves. SDP still exist but virtually nobody knows, so they don't appear as a centre/ centre-left alternative at the moment. All this could change by 2024.
1581877194578.png

Labour Surge to 15 Points Behind Tories - Guido Fawkes

Here's another one but from Opinium. Note that Lib Dems (whole of UK party) are just 1% ahead of SNP (Scotland only party). Anti-Brexit and "never tory" voters simply shifted left to Labour. Labour moderates hoping that Starmer or Nandy might be less extreme than Corbyn and that Momentum and the NEC might somehow no longer hold sway. It will take more than hope to sort that corrupt insurgence out.

The Brexit Party is at 2% in the poll but in reality it is just a placeholder for Reform or whatever they may call themselves. SDP still exist but virtually nobody knows, so they don't appear as a centre/ centre-left alternative at the moment. All this could change by 2024.
View attachment 450274
Labour Surge to 15 Points Behind Tories - Guido Fawkes
Labour are still stagering about the ring in a state of shock, Limp Dems still on the canvas out for the count! Assune when they both get leaders and pull themselves together Limp Dems plus Greens will position themselves as the 'back to Europe' party, assisted by SNP. As stated if Ding Dong does not get parachuted into the top job by Momentum, will said Momentum spend the next four years trying to oust or destabilize Keir S? Could the over long awaited Lab split be the departure of Momentum to form a party of the extreme left following the example of the Shiners in RoI ? As for Cons, BoJo must not stay past his time, classic mistake of politicians, 8 years as in USA is a good time. Cons are united at present after the purge of Remoaners with lot of fresh blood, not siting in safe, job for life seats. But interesting times.

Labour are still stagering about the ring in a state of shock, Limp Dems still on the canvas out for the count! Assune when they both get leaders and pull themselves together Limp Dems plus Greens will position themselves as the 'back to Europe' party, assisted by SNP. As stated if Ding Dong does not get parachuted into the top job by Momentum, will said Momentum spend the next four years trying to oust or destabilize Keir S? Could the over long awaited Lab split be the departure of Momentum to form a party of the extreme left following the example of the Shiners in RoI ? As for Cons, BoJo must not stay past his time, classic mistake of politicians, 8 years as in USA is a good time. Cons are united at present after the purge of Remoaners with lot of fresh blood, not siting in safe, job for life seats. But interesting times.
Even the hard left have factions. It was ever the case. CPGB still exist and are not bowled over by Momentum (New Commie as opposed to New Labour). Really the far left should be a taboo, a path to disaster that has been proven time after time. It's like the clinkers on a sheep's arse that serves no purpose other than to attract flies.

I'm wary of this continuing fascination with China as an agent for efficient delivery of infrastructure projects. The steels have to come from somewhere. It's convenient if there is a Chinese steel manufacturer in the UK. This is where I tend to find some agreement with the SDP's aims of protecting strategic infrastructure and manufacturing such as steel vs the anarcho-capitalists where everything and anything can be for sale to anyone for a price.

There is a long game going on.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
"So when they talk about self-identification, it seems to me that the Labour Party has chosen to identify as unelectable".

Labour still think one final putsch to the left and they will seize power (and the means of production of course)

It's like the clinkers on a sheep's arse that serves no purpose other than to attract flies.
So descriptive - I’m having that! :smile:
It sums up last night’s Brit Awards for a start.

So descriptive - I’m having that! :smile:
It sums up last night’s Brit Awards for a start.
They think they're so edgy at the Brits still, this was edgy and a classy way to end your career and never bettered...

I see Jabbott the Hutt has re-surfaced,pontificating that the requirement for potential immigrants to speak English is racist,or possibly even shoeist.
Played the racist card too often to the point that its meaningless.

Londo

LE
I see Jabbott the Hutt has re-surfaced,pontificating that the requirement for potential immigrants to speak English is racist,or possibly even shoeist.
Did the camera catch a glimpse of her feet ? I want to see if she had learnt how to put her shoes on correctly .

In my industry there is a global requirement to be able to speak English at level 4. Is that racist?

Londo

LE
Apparently this moron just gets worse

I pasted up the email I got from her in the labour leader thread. Madder than a box of frogs, she gets my vote and Grangela for deputy :)

I think BoJo needs to exploit the opposition whenever it is weak, without mercy or let.
A suitable BAME home office official saying that the idea of walking into Britain without the need to speak English is crass stupidity would make the point.

Last edited:
A suitable BAME home office official saying that the idea of walking into Britain without the need to speak English is crass stupidity.
Pritti just said something along those lines.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
It maintains exclusion and suppression while helping to guarantee some of the non-white vote.

It's shameless opportunism, and shameful. I wouldn't expect any more from her.

Latest Threads