Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

TamH70

MIA
The Ashcroft Poll on Labour's defeat is out and it is brutal

Twitter thread of highlights

Direct link for those sans twitter

There's an excellent Popdvast from Oz Katerji on Labour under Corbyn too, well worth a listen

Oh, Lord Ashcroft has been made a Knight Commander of the Order of Saint Michael and Saint George, or KCMG?

Viewers of Yes Minister would know that as "Kindly Call Me God".

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
And more seriously, who ever Labour elect is going to run head on into what's increasingly looking like the first conviction politician in a generation. BoJo's shown he's not afraid to take big decisions and he's set on a populist course:
  • Robust Brexit (aka Foxtrot Oscar EU)
  • Restrictions on immigration
  • Targeted infrastructure spending
  • Tax cuts
  • Refocusing the UK on trade with the rest of the world
  • Strengthening the Union (i.e. Wee Nippy bashing)
  • etc
In addition, areas where the left have a strong foothold and are using it to push their agenda are going to be reshaped
  • Judicial activism is looking to be curbed
  • The BBC looks fair to end up on a subscription model
  • Politically correct policing is going out of the window
Whoever becomes the Labour leader is going to face a radically different UK by the time of the next General Election.

And none of the three contenders look like conviction politicians, so they're going to appear pale and listless when up against BoJo.

Wordsmith

Timeline for the Labour leadership contest.

View attachment 449998

If only they'd announced the result on April 1st...

Wordsmith :smile:
You missed the bits where the loser declares they actually won because reasons, then demands a Peoples vote on the subject, before holding several court cases trying to stop the new leader from taking office, then agreeing that they'll not have a stance on it, but will let the people choose.

You missed the bits where the loser declares they actually won because reasons, then demands a Peoples vote on the subject, before holding several court cases trying to stop the new leader from taking office, then agreeing that they'll not have a stance on it, but will let the people choose.
Aye but that would never happen in the real world!

philc

LE
Latest voting figures, new government and Labour in transition into something but it’s still not good.

8529913C-0D77-4FA2-8F49-F92FA9B9EA71.png

Have the Labour party just opened up it's data to the leadership contestants?

Within the past half hour I've had two texts, one claiming to be from Rubber Dong, and the other from Keir, wanting to know if they can count on my vote.

Latest Threads