Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I was impressed when the bloke was in full flow of his racist rant at what I am guessing is a presentation at a university that none of the whitey's there got up and walked out.
They daren't! They must sit and feel guilty. To walk out would be to condone imperialist slavery etc etc etc

And all those ancestors of slaves would have preferred to have been born in the dark continent.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Fixed. This is the question that no one seems to be asking.
Oh, I don't know. Who was it from that there London who was quoted on another thread waxing lyrical about how he felt 'at home' in Uganda?

There's a lot of romanticising about a 'home' that many have never been to... usually places with poor water and sanitary conditions, huge disparities between rich and poor, an HIV problem and a despot in charge.

Oh, I don't know. Who was it from that there London who was quoted on another thread waxing lyrical about how he felt 'at home' in Uganda?

There's a lot of romanticising about a 'home' that many have never been to... usually places with poor water and sanitary conditions, huge disparities between rich and poor, an HIV problem and a despot in charge.
Again, do you expect me to disagree with you, or something? You're not preaching to one of the converted here. You're preaching to an advocate.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Again, do you expect me to disagree with you, or something? You're not preaching to one of the converted here. You're preaching to an advocate.
Sorry - it must seem like I'm zeroing in on you this evening. I'm not. I'm agreeing.

I just think that the question is being asked rather widely - just not in the media.

That the question is being asked is probably reflected in the last election result - which gives the usual agitators more of the ammunition they need to call the majority of the population Little Englanders and racists.

Same across on the thread about the BBC; there's the 'woke' agenda and there's an increasingly fed-up majority who're constantly told they're wrong while just trying to get by and seeing various people working the angles for advantage.

Sorry - it must seem like I'm zeroing in on you this evening. I'm not. I'm agreeing.

I just think that the question is being asked rather widely - just not in the media.

That the question is being asked is probably reflected in the last election result - which gives the usual agitators more of the ammunition they need to call the majority of the population Little Englanders and racists.

Same across on the thread about the BBC; there's the 'woke' agenda and there's an increasingly fed-up majority who're constantly told they're wrong while just trying to get by and seeing various people working the angles for advantage.
Spot on sir.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Ashcroft Poll on Labour's defeat is out and it is brutal

Twitter thread of highlights

Direct link for those sans twitter

There's an excellent Popdvast from Oz Katerji on Labour under Corbyn too, well worth a listen

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Most of the ancestors of those slaves were born on the dark continent.
Well, yeah.

But the point being made is that would many of those who harp on now, and who were born here, really want to have been born in Africa now?

Slavery - not such a good thing. Being here now, several generations on, as a result of slavery - not such a bad thing.

On the other hand, continuing to blame slavery for all of your community's ills and your individual lack of progress - not such a good thing either. Especially when other parts of the BAME community seem to be cracking on and doing so well...

Last edited:
On the other hand, continuing to blame slavery for all of your community's ills and your individual lack of progress - not such a good thing either. Especially when other parts of the BAME community seem to be cracking on and doing so well...
With the encouragement of too many of the snowflake and earlier left generation telling them this no wonder they start to believe it. Motivators like this are generators of failure, usually they are setup with a nice Guardian type job somewhere living well away from the Prols they are leading, leading them to failure that is.

A sad irony that this "support" actually deflects from reality and must undermine some who would otherwise shape up if they had heard the truth a bit more often. I think this is a part of what is called the Racism of Low Expectations.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
With the encouragement of too many of the snowflake and earlier left generation telling them this no wonder they start to believe it. Motivators like this are generators of failure, usually they are setup with a nice Guardian type job somewhere living well away from the Prols they are leading, leading them to failure that is.

A sad irony that this "support" actually deflects from reality and must undermine some who would otherwise shape up if they had heard the truth a bit more often. I think this is a part of what is called the Racism of Low Expectations.
I've every sympathy for youngsters growing up on estates dominated by gangs. It's very easy for commentators to tell them that it's all someone else's fault. The well-to-do snowflakes have little concept of reality. They truly believe that if the world were somehow 'fairer' then everyone would behave fairly.

Equally, in many of those areas individuals are very anti-police and anti-authority. Education, learning and self-help are frowned upon. The people that could help are turned upon. It's why I despise such as Abbott. She has access to the police and the organs of state that could help. Instead, she virtue-signals and plays up divisions. The two who are currently getting their knickers in a twist over being mis-identified in the papers are of the same ilk. They are the next generation of professional victims.

It's tired.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
CC agree wholeheartedly. That video on the previous page is a fine example. Mr Evans, an articulate and gifted individual has sadly bent his obvious talents to sowing discord and dissatisfaction amongst (it seems to me) black folks, and perhaps guilt and regret amongst white folks who aren't particularly developed in their intellects and lack the ability to think critically.

Slavery is one of the most popular and enduring of human institutions, yet it seems the British empire is solely to blame. No mention of the 11 million Africans taken into slavery in the Arab world, no cries for reparations from Middle Eastern states. The British outlawed the trade.. no mentions of the Spanish and Portuguese who happily shipped slaves to South America after we had abolished it.

And his bland claim that the British invented the Concentration camp is nonsense. It beggars belief that he wants to create in the mind of the listener the notion that the Boer camps were the same as Belsen, Auschwitz and Sobibor.

Schama did a series on the Empire, as I recall it ended with the point that in Asia in the 1940s there were two models of Empire, the British and the Japanese, nowhere in the British empire was there anything the remotely compare with the Japanese atrocities in Nanking.. you pays yer money and takes yer choice.

philc

LE
This is so delicious, idiot grasses up other idiot highlighting how open Labour databases and before you can say abracadabra.

The Labour Party could be fined up to £15m for failing to protect members' data after reporting Sir Keir Starmer's campaign to the information watchdog.

This weekend Labour's general secretary Jennie Formby, a leading ally of Jeremy Corbyn, made a formal referral to the Information Commissioner's Office over an alleged breach of data protection rules by members of the frontrunner's campaign team.

This is so delicious, idiot grasses up other idiot highlighting how open Labour databases and before you can say abracadabra.

The Labour Party could be fined up to £15m for failing to protect members' data after reporting Sir Keir Starmer's campaign to the information watchdog.

This weekend Labour's general secretary Jennie Formby, a leading ally of Jeremy Corbyn, made a formal referral to the Information Commissioner's Office over an alleged breach of data protection rules by members of the frontrunner's campaign team.

Classic. I'd like to report a data breach. Very good, and in which organisation has it occured? Well it's Kier Starmer. And the organisation responsible for the data? Well it's us I suppose. And who is the head of this organisation. Oh, well that would be me. Feck.

And his bland claim that the British invented the Concentration camp is nonsense. It beggars belief that he wants to create in the mind of the listener the notion that the Boer camps were the same as Belsen, Auschwitz and Sobibor.
It also ignores the fact that the Spanish were in fact the 1st to do it in Cuba* which is as I understand it where Britain drew the inspiration from.

Edited to add

The Spanish concentration camps were also rather deadly - even more so than the British Boer ones.
By WW1 the West*** had been rebranded them as internment camps and ran them in a manner to ensure good conditions - it being felt that enemy aliens would be more willing to hand themselves in if they fully expected to be released unharmed when the war ended.

Its been hypothesised that this WW1 legacy, at least in part, explains why in WW2 many Western European Jews and some other groups didn't resist being sent to the Camps.

*Leaving aside the Indian Reservations** in the US

**Yes I know its native Americans now but back then they were called Indians (Or possibly Injuns)

***light edit as of course Id forgotten that one of the belligerents used concentration camps in order to remove an undesirable group.

Last edited:

Nothing like shooting one's self in the foot!

1581450760179.png

Londo

LE

Gave an 'excellent' but have a 'funny' in fact many many 'funnies'

Londo

LE
Classic. I'd like to report a data breach. Very good, and in which organisation has it occured? Well it's Kier Starmer. And the organisation responsible for the data? Well it's us I suppose. And who is the head of this organisation. Oh, well that would be me. Feck.
:-D :-D :-D :omfg:

Latest Threads