Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Comedy gold...fingers crossed the limp wristed retard actually gets the job.
"I am the only deputy leadership candidate to have supported Jeremy Corbyn in both leadership elections ... the image that always sticks in my mind is John Prescott touring the country in 1997 with his famous pledge card. In many ways that sums up what I’ll do as deputy leader."

So he's proud of his support for Jezza and sees Two Shags as his role model (culinary as well as political, from the look of him). This clown may have a humanities degree from Cambridge (then again, so has Abbott), but his grasp of electoral reality, despite Labour's recent battering, appears to be a wee bit tenuous. So, yes, he'd be an excellent choice. My one deep regret, though, is that the svelte Diane herself has declined to enter this carthorse contest. We could all have been so cheered, in these dark winter days, by her rapier wit, profound erudition and stupefying mathematical brilliance. A lamentable loss.

"I am the only deputy leadership candidate to have supported Jeremy Corbyn in both leadership elections ... the image that always sticks in my mind is John Prescott touring the country in 1997 with his famous pledge card. In many ways that sums up what I’ll do as deputy leader."

So he's proud of his support for Jezza and sees Two Shags as his role model (culinary as well as political, from the look of him). This clown may have a humanities degree from Cambridge (then again, so has Abbott), but his grasp of electoral reality, despite Labour's recent battering, appears to be a wee bit tenuous. So, yes, he'd be an excellent choice. My one deep regret, though, is that the svelte Diane herself has declined to enter this carthorse contest. We could all have been so cheered, in these dark winter days, by her rapier wit, profound erudition and stupefying mathematical brilliance. A lamentable loss.
Can’t wait for the moment he throws a punch on the campaign trail.

That was the dream team, Dianne as Dear Leader and "two brains" Burgon as her deputy

That was the dream team, Dianne as Dear Leader and "two brains" Burgon as her deputy
Or Abbott and Rayner. They would have ticked so many 'woke' boxes between them: wimmin, black, obese, gobby, northern, hypocritical, stridently inarticulate, righteously racist and terminally stupid SJWs. Have I missed anything?

Comedy gold...fingers crossed the limp wristed retard actually gets the job.
the funniest thing is that whilst Bernie Sanders undoubtedly has motivated his support, it is stil only a small minority of the overall voters! Theres only so many extreme leftists or students who are yet to have a job and pay taxes in any population.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Apparently the FT have sight of a report from the people analysing the last huge defeat by the Labour Party have exonerated Jeremy for the defeat saying that he was subject to the most sustained personal attack ever seen - or words to that effect as I don't have a subscription to the FT.

They lost because people were being nasty to Jeremy, any mention I wonder if the reasons for the vitriol are given i.e. Jezza was a huge liability that other Parties refused to have him as leader when it looked like the Remain traitors could have overturned the referendum result?

This is ridiculous and won't help Labours standing with the electorate. It is obvious that all efforts in ELW-Labour are now aimed at maintaining their extreme stance, keep moderate Labour supporters and MPs at a distance. IMO all they are doing is setting up defeat at the next GE (when ever that is once BoJo repeals the Fixed Term Act).

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently the FT have sight of a report from the people analysing the last huge defeat by the Labour Party have exonerated Jeremy for the defeat saying that he was subject to the most sustained personal attack ever seen - or words to that effect as I don't have a subscription to the FT.

They lost because people were being nasty to Jeremy, any mention I wonder if the reasons for the vitriol are given i.e. Jezza was a huge liability that other Parties refused to have him as leader when it looked like the Remain traitors could have overturned the referendum result?

This is ridiculous and won't help Labours standing with the electorate. It is obvious that all efforts in ELW-Labour are now aimed at maintaining their extreme stance, keep moderate Labour supporters and MPs at a distance. IMO all they are doing is setting up defeat at the next GE (when ever that is once BoJo repeals the Fixed Term Act).
AKA cognitive dissonance.

They did nothing wrong. On the contrary, they got everything right - but the whole world conspired, etc...

...in a way, it did. It came together to give a resounding 'no' to what was on offer.

It might just be - here's a thing - that the majority doesn't want what ELW-Labour offers. That's the bit they need to get their heads round.

The forensic examination of Labour's kicking continues...

Thank goodness Lisa Nandy didn't get through to the leadership finals, she is far too perspicacious:

Lisa Nandy is off Twitter…

“I’ve taken it off my phone, which means I’m slightly clueless about some of the things that people keep asking me about in the Westminster bubble. But it is a lovely place to be [ie, off Twitter].

To be honest, if you start thinking that all of that is real, that’s where you get into real problems. And that has been a bit of a problem for the left in recent years. We spent a lot of time in this sort of hothouse of social media, particularly Twitter, when most of the country, if they are on social media, seem to be on Facebook.

And we talk among ourselves. And we think that we are doing well when we’re not. And we think we’re doing badly when we’re not. And we just haven’t learnt how to understand the public. And we should be out there amongst the public if we really want to understand what’s happening.”

Latest Threads