Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
I see Unite have just backed LonghyphenBailey as their choice of leader (she still probably has no chance) but more excitingly they have also backed the Father Dougal of the Labour Party as deputy- none other than Burgon.

Please please let him win....... it would pure comedy gold.

Apart from all the ‘reconnecting with Labour voters’ stuff, I have yet to see any mention/comments on the ability of any of the candidates - or, indeed, opposition front benchers - to mix and discuss matters of (inter) national import with foreign leaders and senior politicians.
When all said and done, as prospective UK government leaders ( I know, I know!) they have to be capable of that without being laughed out of court by their very sophisticated (both politically and socially) opposite numbers in other governments.

I see Unite have just backed LonghyphenBailey as their choice of leader (she still probably has no chance) but more excitingly they have also backed the Father Dougal of the Labour Party as deputy- none other than Burgon.

I am so pleased. As regular viewers will know, I have backed the Burgonmeister from the start. Only with his mighty contribution can Labour continue their unbroken run of GE wins.

I am so pleased. As regular viewers will know, I have backed the Burgonmeister from the start. Only with his mighty contribution can Labour continue their unbroken run of GE wins.
Go, Burgon!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The more I read about the sh!t-fest that is the Labour Party and its leadership election, the more I realise just how lucky the UK was to have dodged the bullet on the 12th of December.

Go, Burgon!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Hard to tell whether Burgon or Abbott are the thickest of the shadow cabinet, they both are masters at the art of the thickerati

That’s a bit harsh.

On Father Dougal.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
If you are into agranams :) it might be more appropriate to make it "Bog run".
Or ‘No grub’, a straight inversion and the likely Venezuelan-style fate of all of us,* should the Comrades ever actually come to power.

* Except for Praesidium members, natch.

Latest Threads