Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Whilst I can't fault your logic re: Lt Col (A(U)) the Lady Nugee, there is no way that I can in good conscience give support to anything which increases her media footprint. There only so many TVs and radios I can afford to put my boot through.

Re: the Raynerbot (current setting: red nanna), her powers of persuasion and eloquence are positively gargantuan when compared to the personality-less singularity event that is Burgon.
You leave Dickie alone. He is one of the key people responsible for Labour's last two GE successes.

So RLB wants to remove decision making and implementation from Westminster and plant it on local areas like a kind of devomax?

Sounds like a recipe for complete and utter chaos to me

"She vowed to end the "gentlemen's club of politics" by moving power from London to local levels and from chief executives to workers." Forgive me but isn't there sh1tloads of women in Westminster so she's spouting sexist claptrap?

At least she got this bit almost right but I'd omit the "in part":

"She said Labour's election defeat was in part down to voters not trusting the party - adding Labour had a lot of work to do to win trust back."

So RLB wants to remove decision making and implementation from Westminster and plant it on local areas like a kind of devomax?

"She vowed to end the "gentlemen's club of politics" by moving power from London to local levels and from chief executives to workers." Forgive me but isn't there sh1tloads of women in Westminster so she's spouting sexist claptrap?

"She said Labour's election defeat was in part down to voters not trusting the party - adding Labour had a lot of work to do to win trust back."
RLB is in the envious position of being able to promise whatever the hell she wishes as she will never be in a position to implement any of them.

Sounds like a proto-soviet system to me. People's Committees, Central Committee etc.

Hang on - unless you were up close and sleep-botheringly personal I gather you'd need twice that to be certain of not merely annoying them*. Best go old school and put a requisition in for 40k 7.62x51mm. And draw a crate of a certain rif...............oh, crap; now I've gone and done it.

* Referencing an article once read in a discarded magazine in an airport, examining why Septic platoon commanders in Afghanistan were trying to get as many of their men designated as marksmen so they could draw an M21 and "more effective ammunition" in place of their M-16s.

Although well-written, it was written by a Septic for Time, which is a Septic publication. Ergo, it could all largely be bollox. Still, it killed half an hour whilst waiting for my flight so...

Pfft! Bulldozer rental is not that dear. Couple of those to herd them into a corner and squash them like fleas would probably attract a large pay per view following to cover the costs.

Pfft! Bulldozer rental is not that dear. Couple of those to herd them into a corner and squash them like fleas would probably attract a large pay per view following to cover the costs.
And then cremate them, put them in bricks, and place them on the People's Pyramid in Toxteth, it's what they would have wanted

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Not just that. What is the point of a chief executive? It's to lead. Why are they appointed? Hopefully, on the basis of knowledge and experience. Why does power have to be 'devolved' to workers? Who's then going to do the work?

That's even before you get to gender. There are women in politics/Westminster, and the ability to enter into politics is open to everyone. Promotion should be on merit, not based on quota.

On trust: what drives trust, or a lack of it? People don't 'just' mistrust - especially not a lot of voters in previously traditional Labour areas, where the 'red rosette on a donkey' thinking has been enough to carry the party through for years.

To have lost that trust means it must have somehow been eroded.

Hint: it wasn't the Zionist-dominated traditional media wot done it. It was the combination of policies and people behind them - and people aren't magically going to trust either of those things just RLB wishes it so. Neither are people stupid/selfish/unthinking for not trusting; there is a fundamental issue at stake here and it's this: people did not want what Labour was offering at the last elections.

If RLB offers the same again, she can expect to be disappointed again. People aren't going to suddenly 'wake up'.

There is a good piece by Juliet Samuel in this morning's DT, entitled 'Lisa Nandy is Labour' s only hope. It's a shame they're not going to pick her. ' She says of Rubber Dong Daily, 'In any functional organisation, Ms Long-Bailey wouldn't even make it through the first round... She is essentially the Theresa May of the hard-Left. They know, in their hearts, that she isn' t really up to it, but she's an acceptable choice. Kier Starmer, meanwhile, is the safe option for urban professionals whose priority is to have a clever lawyer tell them that their world view is the right one [H_M comment: talk about damning with faint praise]. If the Labour leadership contest were a matter if talent, Ms Nandy would be hot favourite, pursued by the belligerent Tory-hater, Jess Phillips. But it's not.'

Heard Nandy on a few talk shows and unlike the rest of the Labour lunatics, she actually comes across as genuine.

Unfortunately for her, that type of mindset doesn't fit with the existing mould of Labour and therefore, there's more chance of my old mucker trading his Orange sash for a set of rosary beads, than wee Lisa getting a shot at the title.

Happy dayz :cool:

Latest Threads