Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a copy of Diplomacy at home somewhere.
Had it for 40 years, not sure if I ever played it.
Like Risk, it takes a long time. Fun if you have drunk/smoked enough, istr.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I enjoy Sid Meier's Civilization V. Apparently civilising other civilisations is possible by other means than slaughtering them, but I wouldn't know. I've only been playing it a handful of years.

I remember him coming out to Macedonia in '99 when we were sat at the airfield waiting.
Yes, that's it. I didn't go!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Drinking Risk - game of champions. You square up with your armies and the loser downs a requisite number of shots according to the scale of the defeat. My head hurts just recalling it.

Were there any board games that couldn't be adapted as drinking games?

Or black music awards. Yes, we have country but that's by genre, not ethnicity.

My aikido instructor quit the police force because of tokenism. A particular bugbear was the Black Police Federation. When he challenged why this was needed, he was told, "To represent the interests of black police officers."

His response, that there already exists in the form of the Police Federation an organisation capable of doing this, didn't go down well.
I wonder if Darius Rucker or Kane Brown, to name two Black singers from the CM genre get a look in at the black music awards. I suspect not...

Best played with people you don't know too well otherwise it ends up being predictable

Drinking Risk - game of champions. You square up with your armies and the loser downs a requisite number of shots according to the scale of the defeat. My head hurts just recalling it.

Maybe have a game of Fuzzy Duck inbetween each turn?

Thanks for that, this is a woman, the daughter of a very senior international lawyer, the wife of a Knight of the Realm, Sister in Law of a VVSO and a qualified Barrister in her own right who likes to project herself as a member of the downtrodden working class. Except for when sticking the boot into "white van man" of course or crawling to the Establishment of which she is a part.

She comes across as stupid and ill informed as Diane Abbott take her recent pronouncements on Harry and Meghan's security.

"But Ms Thornberry, who is also running for the Labour leadership, said Prince Harry's "great service" as an army helicopter pilot should guarantee his family's security is paid for by the UK.

"I think the British taxpayer should pay for the security of Harry and Meghan and their family, as they do with former ministers," she told the BBC's Andrew Marr programme.

"Listen, Harry spent 20 years on the frontline in Afghanistan, through many tours of duty. He has done great service, just on the basis of that. And I just hate to think what he must be thinking now, having used his instinct to try and defend this country and now he has his much loved wife and baby, under the type of media scrutiny they are suffering.

She added: "Just look at the papers today, 17-18 pages. He, as a man, must be really wanting to defend them and I understand that completely.

"And I also understand that a young couple really ought to be allowed to make their own decisions about what their future should be, and if they decide they want to go to Canada then of course they should always be protected."

View attachment 443673
I would imagine that what the halfwit really thinks is rather different.

Slight drift, but drinking with Dallas was popular in the block.

Pre-recorded episode on one of those new fangled VCR's, bottle of spirits per player.

Simple rules, when a Dallas character has a drink, so do the players, last man standing.

When Sue Ellen went on a bender it could get a bit messy...

I enjoy Sid Meier's Civilization V. Apparently civilising other civilisations is possible by other means than slaughtering them, but I wouldn't know. I've only been playing it a handful of years.
Where's the fun in Diplomacy when you can just chase the tech tree and let the world burn

I know it's there but I haven't bothered with it either

Oyibo

LE
They are all still TPLACs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Pretty f%cking big TPAC. I was working there last year as chance would have it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
How is Biafra getting on these days? Did they ever catch all those chickens?
Didn't they move to East Pakistan or West Pakistan?

I knew it began with a 'B'...

Latest Threads