Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Or black music awards. Yes, we have country but that's by genre, not ethnicity.

My aikido instructor quite the police force because of tokenism. A particular bugbear was the Black Police Federation. When he challenged why this was needed, he was told, "To represent the interests of black police officers."

His response, that there already exists in the form of the Police Federation an organisation capable of doing this, didn't go down well.
I hope he wasn't racist and suggested a White Police Federation, he'd have had a knock on the door from plod

Sun Tzu - "Get Money, F*ck B*tches" (Editor's draft notes: Needs work on the title, Mr Tzu)
Was that the follow up the one of his earlier hits "Firecrackers don't kill you, Ninja's do"

Ninjas are Japanese, shirley?

*You must have meant "Firecrackers don't kill you, Jiān(間) do".

*Much frantic guggling later...
And don't call me Shirley

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A quick Google tells me she's one of the spate of unfunny "Nigerian mum" comediennes* who appeared a few years ago, and you only see now on Dave re-runs of Mock the Week.

* I find using the traditional feminine nouns (actress, comedienne, fellatrix etc) where applicable tends to cause those of certain demographics / afilliations to self combust.

It's the little things that get me through the day.
She was quite funny when she started out, but like Shappi Koorsandi her joke about her 'foreign immigrant' upbringing wore thin. Very thin.

And then she went to the USA and lost humour altogether.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
She was quite funny when she started out, but like Shappi Koorsandi her joke about her 'foreign immigrant' upbringing wore thin. Very thin.

I'd genuinely like to see any examples of that. I always saw her 'observational comedy' as very lame.

There are some very funny black comedians out there. Reginald D Hunter, for instance, cracks me up.

* I find using the traditional feminine nouns (actress, comedienne, fellatrix etc) where applicable tends to cause those of certain demographics / afilliations to self combust.
One thing that gets me now, is that they all want to be called actors....except at awards time when there is a prize for best ACTOR and ACTRESS so what are they?
You'd think the little poppets would be pleased to have words that applied exclusively to women's roles in society, wouldn't you?

Gina Yashere was among a group of 'comedians' who came out to Iraq in 06. A certain unknown Welsh guy called Rhod Gilbert was amongst them. Anyway, apparently they were not happy with their accomodation, etc. Their manager went moaning to the QM at Shaiba who promptly told him to Foxtrot Oscar.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Rod Liddle sticks the knife into Emily Thornberry:

"Thornberry is competent, unlike Ms Wrong Daily. She is a woman, unlike Sir Keir Starmer. And she probably loathes the working class more than either of them. 100/1 odds offered by the bookies seem to me too good to miss. She will probably not win. But she is politically odious enough to do so, at a pinch. Never underestimate the death wish of Labour."

It's enough to make a cat laugh.

Rod Liddle sticks the knife into Emily Thornberry:

"Thornberry is competent, unlike Ms Wrong Daily. She is a woman, unlike Sir Keir Starmer. And she probably loathes the working class more than either of them. 100/1 odds offered by the bookies seem to me too good to miss. She will probably not win. But she is politically odious enough to do so, at a pinch. Never underestimate the death wish of Labour."

It's enough to make a cat laugh.
Thanks for that, this is a woman, the daughter of a very senior international lawyer, the wife of a Knight of the Realm, Sister in Law of a VVSO and a qualified Barrister in her own right who likes to project herself as a member of the downtrodden working class. Except for when sticking the boot into "white van man" of course or crawling to the Establishment of which she is a part.

She comes across as stupid and ill informed as Diane Abbott take her recent pronouncements on Harry and Meghan's security.

"But Ms Thornberry, who is also running for the Labour leadership, said Prince Harry's "great service" as an army helicopter pilot should guarantee his family's security is paid for by the UK.

"I think the British taxpayer should pay for the security of Harry and Meghan and their family, as they do with former ministers," she told the BBC's Andrew Marr programme.

"Listen, Harry spent 20 years on the frontline in Afghanistan, through many tours of duty. He has done great service, just on the basis of that. And I just hate to think what he must be thinking now, having used his instinct to try and defend this country and now he has his much loved wife and baby, under the type of media scrutiny they are suffering.

She added: "Just look at the papers today, 17-18 pages. He, as a man, must be really wanting to defend them and I understand that completely.

"And I also understand that a young couple really ought to be allowed to make their own decisions about what their future should be, and if they decide they want to go to Canada then of course they should always be protected."

1579001683510.png

Where's the "We'll offer the public a credible yes, no and maybe option and then vote against the no option"
You want something more than Yes, No & Maybe? Wow, that's far to progressive for them

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ninjas are Japanese, shirley?

*You must have meant "Firecrackers don't kill you, Jiān(間) do".

*Much frantic guggling later...
Were he Jockanese, I suppose it'd be "Firecrackers don't kill you, skean dhu".

Latest Threads