Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

philc

LE
So thats another man as leader then.

Steady now he still has time to self identify as a woman so they can have an all female shortlist

Slime

LE
While it’s fine to say that, I’m not sure it completely narrows it down.

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
Outstanding. I can vote for Her Royal Highness the Baroness Nugee in the first round and the RL-B in round two. Starmer's likely to win which will probably be a train smash in the medium term and he is likely to.have to give the two fragrant loveliest mentioned above a senior position each in the Shadow Cabinet. This is all working out rather nicely.

Slime

LE
Meanwhile, and despite putting her best feet forward, the fragrant Abbott is very quiet :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Meanwhile, and despite putting her best feet forward, the fragrant Abbott is very quiet :)
As it is the Abbottomus we are talking about you should count your blessings!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Outstanding. I can vote for Her Royal Highness the Baroness Nugee in the first round and the RL-B in round two. Starmer's likely to win which will probably be a train smash in the medium term and he is likely to.have to give the two fragrant loveliest mentioned above a senior position each in the Shadow Cabinet. This is all working out rather nicely.
If Sir K gets the job I hope he has the backbone to appoint his own Shadow Cabinet, not including any Corbanites.

I will not hold my breath though.

Was there not a move to have the Shadow Cabinet appointed by the NEC? i.e. Momentum!

Mr_Baiter

War Hero
If Sir K gets the job I hope he has the backbone to appoint his own Shadow Cabinet, not including any Corbanites.

I will not hold my breath though.

Was there not a move to have the Shadow Cabinet appointed by the NEC? i.e. Momentum!
I don't think he has much choice - the failed candidates will be so difficult outside the shadow cabinet that he will have to find "party line" style jobs to assign just to stop the miserable excuse for a party from fragmenting completely. It's going to be great entertainment.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I don't think he has much choice - the failed candidates will be so difficult outside the shadow cabinet that he will have to find "party line" style jobs to assign just to stop the miserable excuse for a party from fragmenting completely. It's going to be great entertainment.
If a dedicated Corbanite/Momentumite does not get in then life is going to be very difficult for all of the Labour Party.

If a dedicated Corbanite/Momentumite does get in then life is going to be very difficult for all of the Country!

I wonder how many ‘non-Shadow’ Shadow Cabinet appointments will be made this time around, just to please the few not the many.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wonder how many ‘non-Shadow’ Shadow Cabinet appointments will be made this time around, just to please the few not the many.
I wonder also if these Non-Shadow Shadow appointments are salaried and paid for by the taxpayer? Fair enough if they actually have a government dept to shadow but if it is purely internal Party politics then I hope the taxpayer is not involved.

The Leader of the Opposition, the Opposition Chief Whip and Opposition Deputy Chief Whip are the only Members of the Official Opposition to draw remuneration for their Opposition roles in addition to their salaries as Members of Parliament.

Not really, because they will remain a heavily outnumbered opposition party.
True, but a spirited opposition, however small, can get up to a lot of mischief if they're clever enough and other parties are stupid enough to get involved. If they just agitate from the back benches the only ones they'll damage will be thier own Party, what's left of it :)

True, but a spirited opposition, however small, can get up to a lot of mischief if they're clever enough and other parties are stupid enough to get involved. If they just agitate from the back benches the only ones they'll damage will be thier own Party, what's left of it :)
An interesting and valid point, but unfortunately it failed at "if they're clever enough".

They're robotic mongs, one and all.

Latest Threads