Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

If, horror of horrors, it's a Labour/SNP coalition then one can only hope that Wee Nippy gets independence tout d'suite, thus removing her MPs from Parliament and smashing Jezza's majority with it.
That had occurred to me too.

Q. Why would he support a motion that could remove the majority that allowed said motion in the first place?
A. He wouldn't. He's lying!

Truxx

LE
Anyone who is familiar with the content of my posts knows that I abhor political extremism with a passion. In the past I have voted for all three major political parties in the UK when they espoused decent practical centrist policies.

Today, we are faced with a choice between two main parties which have veered well off their recent mainstream courses in the pursuit of much more radical ideological goals.

Labour is no longer the party of the working man as per much of what has already been discussed on this forum.
Conservative is now a total misnomer for party of that name as per this cutting polemic:

Personally I agree totally with the author. However I fear (yes, I really fear) that my vote or abstention would be wasted and would potentially help enable Labour to gorm a government (through coalition with the SNP). Therefore I shall have to go against my conscience and hold my nose.

The middle ground has unfortunately once again evaporated.
But faced with such a stark choice, the greater evil must be prevented.
Hopefully the electorate may see it that way.

Edited to add: Perhaps all will not be lost after all:
Good post.

I think that I am less "centerist" than you, but the one thing that we can do is keep coming back to this with political fortunes back in the hands of the ordinary decent voter. Small crosses in little boxes. Not big vested interests, not an unelected technocracy, not a self styled liberal (or far from it) elite.

Small crosses in little boxes.

My sort of taking back control

Slime

LE
That had occurred to me too.

Q. Why would he support a motion that could remove the majority that allowed said motion in the first place?
A. He wouldn't. He's lying!
He hasn’t said he would support it.
He has ‘made it clear’ that he wouldn't sanction a Scottish indy referendum for at least two years.

But, that doesn’t mean he was telling the truth as he may not do it even then, for the obvious reason of protecting his seats in Scotland.

Of course, come 09.00 tomorrow morning he might not have any Scottish labour seats to worry about.

He hasn’t said he would support it.
He has ‘made it clear’ that he wouldn't sanction a Scottish indy referendum for at least two years.

But, that doesn’t mean he was telling the truth as he may not do it even then, for the obvious reason of protecting his seats in Scotland.

Of course, come 09.00 tomorrow morning he might not have any Scottish labour seats to worry about.
I wastalking about being propped up by the SNP. That would be 40 votes down the swanny,

Slime

LE

Latest Threads