Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

If the mothers timescales are correct the kid would have been waiting in a paediatric treatment room between 10:30pm and 3am when a bed became vacant. So how the hell did a pro photographer get access at night to what should have been one of the most secure areas of the hospital?

Mercifully only had to go to one a few times as a visitor after a mates son was born with quite severe bowel issues but it was like fort knox. Visiting hours only, by appointment and ID required and passes issued which gave access only to the assigned corridor and room.

The whole thing seems dodgy as hell.
I would assume the following rules apply in all Leeds Hospitals - source: Information for Journalists
Leeds Hospital Trust.jpg

Welsh Labour have already nationalised the trains under Transport For Wales (TFL) and it's an utter, catastrophic shit-show.
Yup. They're the bus-on-track boneshakers that take longer to get from Cardiff to Chester than you could do it on a pogo stick.

Been dreadful for decades. I'd rather walk.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Which begs the question, why would the photographs be accredited to a Leeds Photographer, unless he is as thick as a labour voter.
He may well have done a deal with the person who took the photo to share any monies due from having the copyright.

He may well have done a deal with the person who took the photo to share any monies due from having the copyright.
My understanding is that the taking of photographs without prior permission is a big no no in most hospitals where at the very least the permission of the senior sister on duty is required, but would be unlikely to be given in the circumstances.......so someone should be hauled across hot coals regardless.

what I believe was my first ever brush with the emperor involved a railway detonator.
”Hmm...what’s that curious yellow disc object, grab one of those discarded bolts and give it a good whack...we’ll soon see what’s inside...”

Boom! Goodbye corneas, eyebrows, skin on face and lots of hair...
We had a trackside bloke hit one with a strimmer last year - shrapnel injuries all round...

It used to be the done thing to climb on top of the trackside workmen's huts (where ironically very little work was being done) and then drop it down the chimney of the pot-belly stove while everyone was asleep inside... ;)

We also used to have magazine-loading det-placers on the track (operated by a lever). I only ever saw one of them, as they'd been taken out of use long before I joined the railway, as the kids would keep stealing the dets from the magazine. :)

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
As always, you miss the point completely.
He didn't have authority to enter the premises to do the photoshoot so why pin your name to it unless he is as dumb as you.
I've already told you.

Yup. They're the bus-on-track boneshakers that take longer to get from Cardiff to Chester than you could do it on a pogo stick.

Indeed. Though to be fair to TFW, they inherited them from Arriva, who inherited them from BR. They were originally intended to just rattle around Cardiff and the Valleys, but they go a lot further than that nowadays, as the decent, modern trains have been run ragged. The Welsh Government, having nationalised TFW, are now failing to invest in it, so services have been binned like never before. TFW at the moment is a crystal-ball to see what will happen if Corbyn nationalises the rest of the train operators.

On a positive note, we did sell a load of the boneshakers to Iran (which explains a lot about their current attitude to the UK)... :)

[Edited due to brain-fart putting TFL instead of TFW]

I remember them. after a few hours you wanted to die,

Slime

LE
The narration and sound in this video isn’t the best, but it does cover the chap who might be PM in three days.

Part way in is Corbyn’s famous reply where he refused to solely condemn the IRA for IRA murders, butchered he did say he condemned the British army (solely) as part of his answer when asked to condemn the IRA.

As always, you miss the point completely.
He didn't have authority to enter the premises to do the photoshoot so why pin your name to it unless he is as dumb as you.
It's standard practice to be named on photos in the press, even more important now togs are dealing with the orphan works bill that lets media agencies steal their work if they're not careful

Press gatekeepers often ask for proof of published press photos to keep accreditation for keeping your press pass, and having your name on the photo rather helps with that too

I once read a report by an expert in transport that proposed most of rail network should be converted to dedicated roads for coaches and buses, based on the principle that the UK has too small distances for rail to be efficient,

1. .Many more stops on routes.
2. Broken down trains hold up the entire line , broken down coach just parks up and another one is sent out to cover.
3. Tarmac is less costly to maintain than rails and signals.
4. Long distance routes of the rail network kept for high speed passenger and freight .
5. Coach journey prices are already half or less than rail fares.

Sounded reasonable to me.

I once read a report by an expert in transport that proposed most of rail network should be converted to dedicated roads for coaches and buses, based on the principle that the UK has too small distances for rail to be efficient,

1. .Many more stops on routes.
2. Broken down trains hold up the entire line , broken down coach just parks up and another one is sent out to cover.
3. Tarmac is less costly to maintain than rails and signals.
4. Long distance routes of the rail network kept for high speed passenger and freight .
5. Coach journey prices are already half or less than rail fares.

Sounded reasonable to me.
You could send the coaches out in convoys.

In fact, if they were linked together, you'd only need a driver in the front one.

To get the efficiency up you could even lay some special material as a road, to guide the coach convoys and allow higher speeds. You could call it a 'train'.

Slime

LE
I’ve just watched the latest Conservative party election broadcast, it was shown on ITV at 19.00.
It’s a really good one imho. it’s not as good as the Green one from a while back that featured little kids in a playground, but has to be my second favourite from the last two general elections.

Slime

LE
This is still my favourite from the last two elections.

Latest Threads