Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

I had an idiot of a supervisor who used his Type 1 Diabetes to blag time off. He was an admin nightmare of weapons grade proportions. Anyway, one Friday he didn't come in and I didn't hear anything from him even though I chased.

He eventually texted me on the Sunday with an image of him in bed on a drip, with an explanation of why he didn't come to work.

I didn't really take much notice of the image, but on the Monday when he came in, it dawned on me. In the photo he was clean shaven, on the Monday, he had a sizable beard and had it for weeks.

He bluffed his way that it was an old photo and he had sent the wrong one etc.

So when I had had enough and was about to start proper performance management, he saw the writing on the wall and found another job (which he lasted less than 6 weeks in)
That's a stupid thing to as you do get regular checkups, and eye screening etc for real

But then you have written evidence of appointments should it be questioned

The last time I was on a drip was due to a diabetic coma and it was a bit obvious when I got back to weeks later I still visibly looked ill

If he was ill enough to be on a drip he'd have been be able to provide something from his GP to back it up

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
No.
he was waiting in A and E. At some time during the A and E period he was on a chair, but decided to lay on the floor rather than remain on the chair he had been sat in. He later went to a ward and was allocated a bed. He was not removed from the ward bed.

What Im not sure of is whether he was simply in A and E longer than strictly necessary due to the fairly routine wait for a ward bed to become available.
Thanks.

Jon Ashworth:"This is a really dirty campaign"
Jo Coburn: "And you're part of it"
Ashworth claims not him personally... while all the time the age of the kid is getting younger...

No.
he was waiting in A and E. At some time during the A and E period he was on a chair, but decided to lay on the floor rather than remain on the chair he had been sat in. He later went to a ward and was allocated a bed. He was not removed from the ward bed.

What Im not sure of is whether he was simply in A and E longer than strictly necessary due to the fairly routine wait for a ward bed to become available.
From the Yorkshire Post
"Jack was quickly assessed upon arrival and seen in two different clinical treatment rooms in the Paediatric Emergency Department. "

Yeah, that was the union's excuse and the stupid idea was quickly ditched for driver-only freight trains. I've been on the railway for 30 years and in that time, dets have NEVER been used to save a disabled train or to successfully protect an obstruction on the line.
Gen question;

Is that due to improved signalling that automatically sets at red where a train is in a section of track?

Rachel Shabi accusing Conservatives of dirty campaigning but can't bring herself to admit to anything bad by the Labour party. Iain Dale called her out on that. He certainly criticises the Conservatives plenty of times. As he said from her perspective "All Labour good, all Tories bad".

Rachel Shabi accusing Conservatives of dirty campaigning but can't bring herself to admit to anything bad by the Labour party. Iain Dale called her out on that. He certainly criticises the Conservatives plenty of times. As he said from her perspective "All Labour good, all Tories bad".
Rachel Shabi makes me want to throw the handset at the TV.

Slime

LE
I’ve just listened to the Ashworth conversation on Guido.
Its bizarrely silly of him to have been caught out like this so close to an election.
It’s the kind of conversation that would sound made up if I hadn’t seen him admit to saying the words quoted on the Derbyshire show.

What is also a shame imho is that he might now be rubbished by his own party. I say that’s a shame, as again imho he was the only Labour MP I’ve seen interviewed about the 451 page document who didn’t claim it said the NHS would be for sale. I found his honesty when talking about the document as being of someone who wanted to be a realist rather than an opportunist.
This latest Guido piece reinforces that view, but won’t do him any favours.

I find it a sad reflection that a politician of any flavour could be brought down for being honest.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

Slime

LE
From the Yorkshire Post
"Jack was quickly assessed upon arrival and seen in two different clinical treatment rooms in the Paediatric Emergency Department. "

I‘m sure I read or heard he was assessed within 20 minutes.
My post above related to the fairly common wait for a bed to become available on a ward after having been assessed. Even the wait for a porter can delay things even if a bed is available.
The photos of the (now unfortunate child imho) clearly show images showing he had already been assessed as he was ‘roughly in the same postcode’ as a mask or nasal tube.

Gen question;

Is that due to improved signalling that automatically sets at red where a train is in a section of track?
It would seem that there's only a shambolic way using 'lookouts'.

Mr Delbridge, 64 and Michael Lewis, 58 were killed after being struck by a train while they were carrying out work on the tracks near Port Talbot in July. They were using a tool with a petrol engine and were wearing ear defenders at the time.

An initial report by Network Rail found that they had not deployed a person to act as a lookout for approaching trains, and that wearing ear defenders meant there should have been a second ''touch lookout'' who could have physically warned the men.

There was, the report said, ''no safe system of work in place for those working on the points,” and that the men “were unaware of the approaching train.''

Network Rail employs a lookout system where someone who is certified as competent to watch for approaching trains gives a warning to others using a whistle, horn or by touch, but there is also extensive unofficial use of flags across the rail system.
A report into a near miss between a train and a track worker in Peterborough in 2018 found that “although these flag signals appear to be in widespread use by various maintenance disciplines across many depots, their unofficial status means there is no control over them.
“This has resulted in variations between what different teams do, which in turn can lead to confusion and misunderstandings as evidenced by this incident.”

That's a stupid thing to as you do get regular checkups, and eye screening etc for real

But then you have written evidence of appointments should it be questioned

The last time I was on a drip was due to a diabetic coma and it was a bit obvious when I got back to weeks later I still visibly looked ill

If he was ill enough to be on a drip he'd have been be able to provide something from his GP to back it up
The guy was an out 'n' out liar, and he was pretty good at it. I tried to pull him up on the amount of time off attending diabetes clinics, but was given a (well rehearsed) diatribe about the equality act/discrimination etc.. HR got all nervous over that and told me to back off.

I had enough on time-keeping and performance to get rid him through due process anyway. He saw it coming and managed to get a job at a growing sportswear company with huge potential, but ballsed that up too.

As predicted, his new job came back up on the vacancy websites a few months later.

That pic was first published in a Leeds newspaper, but is now nationwide.
It is in the metro link I posted above.

What we need is someone who can see the metadata.
Not to disprove anything, but simply to clarify it was the mum who took the photo.
I'd be asking why a professional photographer was accompanying the mother an child to A&E and why he was allowed in by the staff!

A few monts ago I had a ride in an ambulance. The driver had her foot down and the chap in the back and I were chatting away. It is about 40 miles to carlisle but at no point did the driver use blues and twos. It was a friday apparently and on average 2 minutes quicker to A and E without them as the effect generally was to cause other motorists to do stupid things which added time.
I was a Community First Responder for several years, and considering we were only called out on Red (immediate/life threatening) calls, the number of times they crews actually blues & two'd to the hospital was minimal.

Strokes, some TIA's and MI's, but wheezy kids? Not that I witnessed

Slime

LE
I'd be asking why a professional photographer was accompanying the mother an child to A&E and why he was allowed in by the staff!
Is that what happened?

I've listened to radio articles today that say the mother took the photos in hospital on her phone. The photo with her posing with her son I assumed was taken by the Leeds paper. For all I know it might just be a photo she already had.

Latest Threads