Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

IIRC Bettany Hughes covered Karl Marx in her series Genius Of The Modern World and said that Marx would be appalled at the things that Communism has done in his name and would possibly have been arrested as a ‘subversive element’.

Slime

LE
It’s interesting to think think that six days from now we will have answered the wither or whither question :)

Slime

LE
Especially as the OP was on 15th July 2015.
I should really have said we ‘could’ know, but as the chap himself has been saying this GE is ‘a once in a lifetime chance to save the planet’ I pushed the boat out and am letting his second GE be his last chance. :)

Thats a poor example.
I suspect that if a new pope was a protestant or a Jew we might see catholic’s question the newcomers suitability to be pope.
A Jew or a Protestant would not become Pope.

One which with luck he can keep going as a in the works aspiration - until 2025 / 2030 when The Tories win and say no we aren't .
At which point Labour point at Thatcher Pension snatcher and say look what those evil tories have done - we had costed it and were delivering it had we won and now they've scrapped it. None of you are getting a penny because of the Tories.

And the electorate will rise up and say hang on you've had 10 years to deliver - why havent you...

I typed that with a straight face - an achievement I feel - when we all know the cry will go up about the evil Tories.

Frau Photex is a WASPI woman, according to Magic Grandpas helpful little 'vote for me' calculator, she will receive £31,333

Now, she's a sensible sort and noted that her basic State pension has been boosted by a quite significant amount by being 'forced to work on 6 years'.

She's made the obvious leap of logic that if Magic Grandpa 'compensates' her for those 6 years, its a racing cert the nice Chancellero Chappy will take away the extra money she's accrued on her pension as she's been paid back for those 6 years.

Now, Magic Grandpa has said her Free Money will be paid back over 5 years.
But she's worked out that the reduction of State Pension would cancel that out in 7.5 years, after that, the Chancellor would be trousering a handsome £4k odd per annum from her and she'd be on a much reduced State Pension

offog

LE
Seen the usual Labour voters in the street being interviewed by the news. The typical “ well I’ll be voting labour, have done all my life. My mam voted Labour, my grandad voted Labour so that what I’ll do.”

Bloody hell, this attitude was dead I thought but it’s very much alive still.

Problem is we have die hard Labour voters who voted leave but could never vote for the Tories. This is where things get complicated.
Very good report on ITV new this evening from a Yorkshire mining village. Small company, always voted Labour but not now with JC and DA was given a particular mention of why they will not vote Labour. Then onto a pub and an old couple, life long Labour voters now voting Tory because of JC and the young momentum crowd.

Slime

LE
A Jew or a Protestant would not become Pope.
Thats why your analogy didnt work.

Each successive pope for ages has been very similar.

Even an openly homosexual pope may not be as big a difference to the current pope as the difference between Blair and Corbyn.

Thats why your analogy didnt work.

Each successive pope for ages has been very similar.

Even an openly homosexual pope may not be as big a difference to the current pope as the difference between Blair and Corbyn.
The analogy is more to do with the faith of he believers in the creed, than the person on top.

Slime

LE
The analogy is more to do with the faith of he believers in the creed, than the person on top.
Yes I know, and that’s why your analogy didn’t work.

If your analogy worked properly Corbyn wouldn’t have been hated by Labour voters, MPs and the PLP, and wouldn’t have been disciplined by the Labour whip not long after the Brighton bombing.

Slime

LE
Tonight’s Nolan show on Radio 5 had an excellent interview between 23.00 and 23.45.

Nolan interviewed a Labour lacky Tony Lloyd/Loyd.

Nolan really pulled apart the lies or claims Labour have made recently.

He also played part of his very well known interview where he asked Corbyn to condemn the IRA five times and Corbyn refused to condemn them. It’s well known as not only did Corbyn refuse to condemn the IRA each and every time, but criticised the British army, and criticised the way the U.K. treated IRA prisoners.

The show should be on the IPlayer soon for catchup listening.

Tonight’s Nolan show on Radio 5 had an excellent interview between 23.00 and 23.45.

Nolan interviewed a Labour lacky Tony Lloyd/Loyd.

Nolan really pulled apart the lies or claims Labour have made recently.

He also played part of his very well known interview where he asked Corbyn to condemn the IRA five times and Corbyn refused to condemn them. It’s well known as not only did Corbyn refuse to condemn the IRA each and every time, but criticised the British army, and criticised the way the U.K. treated IRA prisoners.

The show should be on the IPlayer soon for catchup listening.
I was listening to that on the way back from a gig in Bournemouth.*
I can’t believe that buffoon Tony Lloyd was actually a Police and Crimes Commissioner in Manchester. He was inarticulate, evasive and clearly a Corbynite. The rank and file Police must have loved him!

* Australian Pink Floyd at the BIC last night - awesome!

Yes I know, and that’s why your analogy didn’t work.

If your analogy worked properly Corbyn wouldn’t have been hated by Labour voters, MPs and the PLP, and wouldn’t have been disciplined by the Labour whip not long after the Brighton bombing.
And now he’s on top of the heap. It’s a broad church. His order is now on top and will endeavour to remain so.

How would they know, if one went incognito into the priesthood. I am quite sure paedophiles use the same tactic. Did you see that there.
Why would they do that? Did I see what where?

The problem lies (irony) within the NHS.........basically it is no longer fit for purpose. There are possibly more witnesses with first hand knowledge of this than voted last time and thus, Corbyn is gaining de facto credit, not because he is telling the truth, but because just about everyone wants the NHS to change and who else to blame but the government.
Basically, the NHS needs redesign from the bottom up, starting with a valid service specification to define both services and capacity, establish demand thresholds, calculate required throughput to project spatial and staffing requirements and use these to formulate required education and training needs. Add on the production of functional data definition, systems requirements including redundancy and training and you begin to get some idea of thenatureof the problem and scale of the task. Simply chucking more money at it aint going to work.
That won’t change much unless social care is changed, as that’s what causes most of the blocking if beds in the majority of hospitals.

Health and social care funding need looking at properly but together as they’re fundamentally two parts of the same system.

Latest Threads