Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

NSP

LE
I hate it when people try to drag facts into an irrational argument. :evil:

You're not going to overthrow decades of legend simply by stating the truth.

Actually, I didn't mind it. I have fond memories of this time of year, with frozen 1/3 pt bottles of orange juice and frozen pt bottles of milk with slushy cream at the top and the silver lids pecked off by birds - they can be right tits at times, you know.
I envied Adam E. and his damned lactose intolerance.

Londo

LE
I envied Adam E. and his damned lactose intolerance.
No orange juice for you then ? Nor for me , would have loved some of that .

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Lactose intolerance was a sin caused by touching your bits in a way that made the baby Jesus cry. It was cured by regular beating and prayer.
The voice of experience?

This sort of sums it up:
:) :) :)

StormsInAfrica

Old-Salt
This was from Aaron before.

And that, in a nut shell, is their problem writ large.

He could have stopped at '45 million quid on poppies vs 13,000 homeless ex-servicemen' and i'd have thought 'Oooh, hang on, that does seem a bit silly when you put it like that. Perhaps Labour will take the problem seriously, partner with RBL and come up with a funded solution using some of those funds plus a bit of treasury money? That definately makes me reconsider a vote for Labour'.

And then he goes full Momentum.

And POOOOF, the vote is gone.

Pick one of their policies - the same is true across the board.

And that, in a nut shell, is their problem writ large.

He could have stopped at '45 million quid on poppies vs 13,000 homeless ex-servicemen' and i'd have thought 'Oooh, hang on, that does seem a bit silly when you put it like that. Perhaps Labour will take the problem seriously, partner with RBL and come up with a funded solution using some of those funds plus a bit of treasury money? That definately makes me reconsider a vote for Labour'.

And then he goes full Momentum.

And POOOOF, the vote is gone.

Pick one of their policies - the same is true across the board.
From the link;
..................it's racist, right, it's white supremacist.
I seem to hear that expression, a lot.
By saying "right" does not make it true.

"Am I being racist again, just by breathing...oh bugger" said Eeyore,

"Yes" said Piglet "because you are white and middle aged"

Even though it's the Daily Mail, you should read this. A couple of extracts are below.

In November 1983, Gerard McLaughlin and his fiancee Val Cardwell set up home together in a council flat at No 1 Cruikshank Street, Islington, North London. They were a fortunate couple. Not only was the local authority housing list 12,000 applicants long, but their new place was on a picturesque Georgian terrace. How had they got so lucky?
The couple had no dependent children or pressing medical problems. Nor had they been Islington residents. Their previous address was in South Wales, 160 miles away. They were not even homeless.

This is the shocking, untold story of the friendship between Jeremy Corbyn and the convicted terrorist, who in letters from his cell ranted about 'the Jews', applauded IRA atrocities and often signed off ' F*** the Queen'. Later, Corbyn and McLaughlin travelled the world and shared platforms with notorious anti-Semites. 'Jeremy is a good friend,' McLaughlin said in 2015.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

Even though it's the Daily Mail, you should read this. A couple of extracts are below.

In November 1983, Gerard McLaughlin and his fiancee Val Cardwell set up home together in a council flat at No 1 Cruikshank Street, Islington, North London. They were a fortunate couple. Not only was the local authority housing list 12,000 applicants long, but their new place was on a picturesque Georgian terrace. How had they got so lucky?
The couple had no dependent children or pressing medical problems. Nor had they been Islington residents. Their previous address was in South Wales, 160 miles away. They were not even homeless.

This is the shocking, untold story of the friendship between Jeremy Corbyn and the convicted terrorist, who in letters from his cell ranted about 'the Jews', applauded IRA atrocities and often signed off ' F*** the Queen'. Later, Corbyn and McLaughlin travelled the world and shared platforms with notorious anti-Semites. 'Jeremy is a good friend,' McLaughlin said in 2015.
The standard response from the the Left will be, "Why mention this now? It's was years ago."

Yet they'll seize on a single un-PC (and largely harmless) comment from Johnson from a decade ago.

Whining Civvy

Old-Salt
This sort of sums it up:
:) :) :)
Has anyone asked Brenda from Bristol who she's voting for yet?

Latest Threads