Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

If you find Labours Brexit policy hard to understand here it is demonstrated in a simple form our comrade ken Livingstone.

I could have had him out of that door in two seconds.

Not because I'm an internet hardman, but because he's wearing a backpack to provide purchase and he's off balance.

The clip cited below has been seen here before but it's interesting that Hunted team are not impressed either.

1575409179133.jpeg

Meanwhile Ben's "Hunted" colleague Peter Bleksley is disgusted with the lot of the contenders on the ITV debates. I saw one and decided most of these debates are a croc of something less useful than manure.

1575409572250.png

Last edited:
I could have had him out of that door in two seconds.

Not because I'm an internet hardman, but because he's wearing a backpack to provide purchase and he's off balance.
I'm only surprised that he (Ken) didn't call the TFL London Underground worker a filthy jew.

The clip cited below has been seen here before but it's interesting that Hunted team are not impressed either.

View attachment 434747

Meanwhile Ben's "Hunted" colleague Peter Bleksley is disgusted with the lot of the contenders on the ITV debates. I saw one and decided most of these debates area croc of something less useful than manure.

View attachment 434748
Will nobody think of her diabetes, you heartless nazi's !

NSP

LE
That was the point being made, hence the title WRONG THEN WRONG NOW.
I assumed it was lefty propaganda referring to the decisions and the people who made them.

View attachment 434747

Meanwhile Ben's "Hunted" colleague Peter Bleksley is disgusted with the lot of the contenders on the ITV debates. I saw one and decided most of these debates are a croc of something less useful than manure.

View attachment 434748
I can't "like"that. It's absolutely shocking and disgraceful that this person is potentially only days away from being in charge of the entire Police and Security network of the UK. Frightening.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Except that Thatcher wasn't the milk snatcher; the Chancellor was. She actually opposed the policy. And when I was at primary school some years after they'd supposedly withdrawn our milk I was still being forced, on pain of a slapped wrist from the ogre-bitch Headmistress, to drink the gopping luke-warm, bird-pecked, minging stuff every morning.
Keep going.

Labour withdrew free school milk from all 11-18 year-olds in 1968.

Milk for 7-11 year-olds was removed during Edward Heath's tenure as Prime Minister in 1971; Thatcher got the blame even though it was a decision forced upon her, as noted, by the Treasury.

School milk for infants was abolished by Shirley Williams while she was Education Secretary and still with Labour.

That's 2-1 to Labour, then.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
What about the latest promise to pay all ex miners an extra £84 per week on top of their state pension?
How is that fair Comrade Corbyn I ask!
I was talking with a cousin at the weekend. He still lives in Durham, I haven't been there other than to visit for many years.

A problem for Labour in many of the old industrial heartlands is that many people haven't worked in heavy industry for a generation or two. The ties to Labour, and the unions, are significantly weaker than they were.

Put that another way: the unions are far less relevant to the younger generation than they were/are to the parents/grandparents.

Brexit has also been a factor. The northeast voted to leave the EU. That's not reflected in the views and actions of many Labour MPs in the northeast.

What you're seeing is no more or less than a bribe.

Last edited:

NSP

LE
Keep going.

Labour withdrew free school milk from all 11-18 year-olds in 1968.

Milk for 7-11 year-olds was removed during Edward Heath's tenure as Prime Minister in 1971; Thatcher got the blame even though it was a decision forced upon her, as noted, by the Treasury.

School milk for infants was abolished by Shirley Williams while she was Education Secretary and still with Labour.

That's 2-1 to Labour, then.
And then there's the one about which party closed more mines than the other, too...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
And then there's the one about which party closed more mines than the other, too...
And again, keep going.

We lost more heavy industry under Blair and Brown than we did under the Thatcher.

I don't understand why over the years the Tories haven't rebutted many of the lies - I refuse to call them myths, they are lies - which have been peddled by Labour and its supporters over this.

Londo

LE
Except that Thatcher wasn't the milk snatcher; the Chancellor was. She actually opposed the policy.
I hate it when people try to drag facts into an irrational argument. :evil:

You're not going to overthrow decades of legend simply by stating the truth.

And when I was at primary school some years after they'd supposedly withdrawn our milk I was still being forced, on pain of a slapped wrist from the ogre-bitch Headmistress, to drink the gopping luke-warm, bird-pecked, minging stuff every morning.
Actually, I didn't mind it. I have fond memories of this time of year, with frozen 1/3 pt bottles of orange juice and frozen pt bottles of milk with slushy cream at the top and the silver lids pecked off by birds - they can be right tits at times, you know.

And again, keep going.

We lost more heavy industry under Blair and Brown than we did under the Thatcher.

I don't understand why over the years the Tories haven't rebutted many of the lies - I refuse to call them myths, they are lies - which have been peddled by Labour and its supporters over this.
Two thought flicked through my skull (it was an unimpeded journey for them).

a) They have, but nobody on t'other side believed them.
b) They kind of like their rep for hard-nosed business decisions.

Latest Threads