Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Oh dear, the stupid old fool just tried to make a joke..........it was a very simple joke, and a five year old could have carried it off, but with it being on the spur of the moment he totally fluffed it.

He was asked if he had put his Christmas tree up yet, then was asked if he would wait until he was (potentially) in 10 Downing Street.

His off the cuff retort related to him winning the GE and saying he would put one up on the 12th...................So before the result was known.

pethaos he plans to lose the GE and will put it up in Islington.
Actually, he may be correct for once. Traditionally, isn't the tree meant to go up twelve days before Christmas Day?
I seem to recall that from my childhood.

Actually, he may be correct for once. Traditionally, isn't the tree meant to go up twelve days before Christmas Day?
These days you be hard pressed to wander out at night and not see xmas lights on and xmas trees lit up in people's homes in November

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I left the Army in 1986. Over Christmas I was walking to the pub at dinnertime and I saw a 5 yo girl obviously out on her krimbo present bike proper bike without training wheels. Mum was on her bike behind.
The girl made eye contact as she struggled to stay upright so I gave her a thumbs up.
She tried to give one back so I said, 'keep both hands on the handlebar, you are doing fine'.
All perfectly innocent from my pov but the look I got off her mother was murderous.
Oh well, welcome to the UK I thought.
Oh and look at some of @Bravo_Bravo 's more stupid insults at me.
Leaving my gym last winter. Sliding doors, wet floor.

Little girl comes running in, pancakes and starts crying. No-one, but no-one, does a thing.

I picked her up and dusted her down, just as dad walked in. He saw what had happened and thanked me as the only person who'd bothered.

It's not everyone - but the levels of suspicion have been pushed so high as to be ridiculous.

I left the Army in 1986. Over Christmas I was walking to the pub at dinnertime and I saw a 5 yo girl obviously out on her krimbo present bike proper bike without training wheels. Mum was on her bike behind.
The girl made eye contact as she struggled to stay upright so I gave her a thumbs up.
She tried to give one back so I said, 'keep both hands on the handlebar, you are doing fine'.
All perfectly innocent from my pov but the look I got off her mother was murderous.
Oh well, welcome to the UK I thought.
Oh and look at some of @Bravo_Bravo 's more stupid insults at me.
What a strange, attention seeking post.

Not in my bloody house it doesn't...shouldn't go up at all.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What should be the thing here is:

1. Is the NHS free ..answer Yes
2. Is the service contracted out - as long as you get it free as per the NHS and it provides good care and value for money where is the problem.
The NHS is not free.

It is paid for by the contributions of the majority of citizens for the benefit of all citizens.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Christmas Eve. For 12 days.

Slime

LE
His joke was to reflect where he would be on the twelfth.

He alluded to winning the GE on the twelfth so couldn't be in Downing Street until the thirteenth as that's the earliest the result would be known.

In short, he was wrong again,....and that's even allowing for him to select the hypothetical scenario.

syrup

LE
The NHS is not free.

It is paid for by the contributions of the majority of citizens for the benefit of all citizens.

Yes but only under the Tories.
Under magic grandpa everything will be free
Your internet will be free
If you do work you can have a Friday off for free on Labour.
Train fares will be free
The leccy and gas will be free
When you feel ill you can roll up to the NHS and spend those taxes you never paid anyway on top class treatment.
There will be taxes to spend because there will be no military, the people they call Veterans will be in Irish / Iraqi / Afghan / Argentinian jails

The Tories the utter bastards want you to go to work to pay tax.
They want you to pay for rides on trains and the internet.
They want you to have to pay for gas and leccy so they can keep you at work 48 hours a week.
When you feel ill you can go to hospital where a picture of Boris and The Donald doing the Morecombe and Wise dance will greet you as you pay £60,000 for an asprin.

Only Magic Grandpa can stop The Donald and keep everything free

Last edited:
So rather than employ someone full time or on a limited rolling contract (6-12 months), we the Taxpayer pay over the odds for NHS staff.
How much does a full- or part-time employee actually cost the NHS apart from just wages? And how does this compare to the full cost of hiring agency staff?

12 Days of Christmas - Christmas Eve to 'Old Xmas' I believe.
Old Xmas is when we have a rather good Wassail locally.

Regarding train fares , someone made a good point along the lines of " Why should northern workers and pensioners pay more tax so that stockbrokers can ride their train to London for less ? "
I really hope someone asks Mugwump that question soon .

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
1575385856167.png

Latest Threads