Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

In the 1980's in Bootle (Liverpool) a bakery sacked a worker(!) for gross misconduct. The union called out the members and insisted that the miscreant be reinstated or they would stay out on strike until he was reinstated.

The owners told the union that if the strikers didn't return back to the bakery that they would close the business down. The unions told the strikers to stay out on strike because the owners were bing "confrontational"..

Result? One bakery closed.

Well done the union - another load of people on the unemployment scrapheap.
Was that Scotts?

In the 1980's in Bootle (Liverpool) a bakery sacked a worker(!) for gross misconduct. The union called out the members and insisted that the miscreant be reinstated or they would stay out on strike until he was reinstated.

The owners told the union that if the strikers didn't return back to the bakery that they would close the business down. The unions told the strikers to stay out on strike because the owners were bing "confrontational"..

Result? One bakery closed.

Well done the union - another load of people on the unemployment scrapheap.
Slight thread drift, its not just the UK where unions are a pain. I lived and worked down under in the 90s. The company I drove for was Union free. The ol' man was nearly forced under at one time by the Transport union. From that point he refused point blank to have unions anywhere near the company. If they got a foot hold he'd shut the company. Full stop!

philc

LE
Just seen this, can only laugh at Corbyns utter stupidity.

Slight thread drift, its not just the UK where unions are a pain. I lived and worked down under in the 90s. The company I drove for was Union free. The ol' man was nearly forced under at one time by the Transport union. From that point he refused point blank to have unions anywhere near the company. If they got a foot hold he'd shut the company. Full stop!
Oz dock workers in WW2 slowing down or refusing to offload ships for the war effort, not to mention pilfering the loads. Brought in the army at one point to do the job IINM.

In a normal country that would be called sabotage and attract some serious consequences during wartime.

Yeo_Man

War Hero
Just seen this, can only laugh at Corbyns utter stupidity.

someone buy that man a drink, as previously stated Poundland Stalin is as thick as the floor. However I suspect Mr Barclays name will have gone in the “Book” come the day of the glorious revolution!!!!

Labour currently make the Tooting Popular Front look good..

YM

Oz dock workers in WW2 slowing down or refusing to offload ships for the war effort, not to mention pilfering the loads. Brought in the army at one point to do the job IINM.

In a normal country that would be called sabotage and attract some serious consequences during wartime.
Just like some unions here, strange as soon as Hitler invades Russia and their attitude changes completely.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I knew a bloke in the Brisbane RSL who was RAN during the last one. He told me about the Union strikes and how they held the country to ransom. For quite a few years after the war, Aussie ex Matlots would have it out with the dockers.

Last edited:
I knew a bloke in the Brisbane RSL who was RAN during the last one. He told me about the Union strikes and how they held the country to ransom. For quite a few years after the war, Aussie ex Matlots would have it out with the dockers.
Have a read of Australia's secret war by Hal Colebatch goes into great detail about the union's traitorous behaviour not only in WW2 but also Vietnam

Latest Threads