Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Yeo_Man

War Hero
Some years ago the Labour party were very very broke. However, they never had to face the music. I doubt they ever will. The Unions will keep bailing them out.
The unions are funding Labour with public money voted to them while Labour were I n power “the union modernisation fund” a little li the cash stockpiled by trot councils against a “rainy” day!!!

In my experience our left leaning colleagues are always keen to use someone else’s money rather than their own.
YM

Last edited:
I am obviously being a bit hard of understanding but I thought that the poles were melting and we were all going to drown?
Well, there you go - that's another reason not make multi-use bottles. Unless some enterprising capitalist dolphin reckons he can sell bottled 'Pacific' water to Atlantic fish schools.

Anyway, I thought all this pollution (sulphuric acid, carbon dioxdie and whatnot) was going to make temperatures rise so high we'll be living in a pseudo-Venusian hell-hole?

Venus is shrouded by an opaque layer of highly reflective clouds of sulfuric acid, preventing its surface from being seen from space in visible light.

Studies have suggested that billions of years ago Venus's atmosphere was much more like Earth's than it is now, and that there may have been substantial quantities of liquid water on the surface, but after a period of 600 million to several billion years,[63] a runaway greenhouse effect was caused by the evaporation of that original water, which generated a critical level of greenhouse gases in its atmosphere.

All going according to the glorious plan.

Whatever that might be.

One more putsch and they'll be in Downing Street presumably

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
If they change stated position on anything more frequently they will start oscillating. Bzzz..
On the plus side, they are flipping so often we could couple them to an alternator and bingo. Energy generation issues solved for a decade.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I am obviously being a bit hard of understanding but I thought that the poles were melting and we were all going to drown?
Ah, but that's the BAD water don't you see?

As opposed to the GOOD water from Evian...

Corbyn's response to the Queen's speech is typically entirely negative with rambling, faltering and shouty bits.
Never the best of orators :roll: he appears more incoherent than usual, if that’s possible.
Dire.

Ah, but that's the BAD water don't you see?

As opposed to the GOOD water from Evian...
Ah, but surely that's about to change now they've discovered the glacier above Chamonix is disappearing faster than at first thought.
They've put it down to climate change, but the reality is surely the massive increase in consumption of bottles of Evian.
BTW, the ads tell us Evian water is the product of H2O percolating through alpine rocks for millennia: but the bottles have a 'Best Before' date on them.
I wonder how that works?

Latest Threads