Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Can't be arsed to read all that, could you do a precis?
In short they think the accusations of antisemitsm leveled against the Labour Party are a Zionist smear campaign, i.e they're blaming the Jews for Labour being full of antisemites

NSP

LE
Go and do BOSIET or HUET course. In the good old days it was only O&G equipment in the training centres. Now they include wind turbine mock-ups. No-one with offshore engineering experience from the North Sea in the UK?
Do they? I did my last refresher last year and the only new thing was playing with the PSTAS gear during the HUET session. Other than that, do the dunks, do the raft drills, do the heli' winch-up, get changed, lunch, play with some fire extinguishers, wander through the disco smoke in an escape hood, wander up the Skyscape tower and come down again the fun way, nip into the classroom to inflate the Annie doll, talk about the ABCs and collect the cert then piss off home.

Not a wind turbine mock-up to be seen. Not even on the fire ground where it belongs.

Ironically, since the course I've done nothing but windfarm work.

Last edited:

Oyibo

LE
Do they? I did my last refresher last year and the only new thing was playing with the PSTAS gear during the HUET session. Other than that, do the dunks, do the raft drills, do the heli' winch-up, get changed, lunch, play with some fire extinguishers, wander through the disco smoke in an escape hood, wander up the Skyscape tower and come down again the fun way, nip into the classroom to inflate the Annie doll, talk about the ABCs and collect the cert then piss off home.
Should have made my post clearer - many training centres have wind turbine mock-ups: they are not part of BOSIET or HUET.

As an aside (as this is a military website), HUET was started by the Fleet Air Arm after the Falklands. If one has done the 'dunk test' with webbing, boots, rifle etc upside down and in the dark, HUET is a piece of piss

NSP

LE
Should have made my post clearer - many training centres have wind turbine mock-ups: they are not part of BOSIET or HUET.

As an aside (as this is a military website), HUET was started by the Fleet Air Arm after the Falklands. If one has done the 'dunk test' with webbing, boots, rifle etc upside down and in the dark, HUET is a piece of piss
I was a bit cheesed off that, for safety reasons, we're not allowed to do the dunks on the bottle but have to hold our breath, just like the old days before Air Pocket came along.

Holding onto the side of the pool with your face in the water making Darth Vader noises "for experience" and no more is probably going to see someone karking it when they have to deploy it whilst three or four (or more) metres under the turbulent surface inside an S-92 full of other people all discovering the same thing.

Oyibo

LE
I was a bit cheesed off that, for safety reasons, we're not allowed to do the dunks on the bottle but have to hold our breath, just like the old days before Air Pocket came along.

Holding onto the side of the pool with your face in the water making Darth Vader noises "for experience" and no more is probably going to see someone karking it when they have to deploy it whilst three or four (or more) metres under the turbulent surface inside an S-92 full of other people all discovering the same thing.
Raging homo ;-) . Try a Nigerian HUET (yes I have done one):

Apologies for the thread drift

Last edited:
How many turbines do they produce in a year? A quick glance at their 2018 annual report refers to MW of production, no numbers.
The MHI Vestas site in Fawley employs around 50 people, painting 80 metre sails for wind turbines. They are brought to Fawley by barge from the company’s manufacturing site on the Isle of Wight, where it employs more than 700 people.

Blogg

LE
Interesting, this and the antics a few days ago in Ilford South constituency, may be an indication that after the Jooz, the Sikhs and Hindu are to be purged. This would tie in with Corbyn Lab pitching to be the Islamic Party? looking for popularity in this niche vote respect Kashmir?? and the relationship between these three religions in the sub-continent?
It's all going terribly well

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Ironically, since the course I've done nothing but windfarm work.
When global warming gets too much can them fans be set to blow instead of suck?
It would give me a nice cooling breeze on my side of the peninsula.

FANS.PNG

edit for pic

Last edited:
For the lolz (That alone should trigger the gammon grammar Nazis)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads