Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

offog

LE
How many turbines do they produce in a year? A quick glance at their 2018 annual report refers to MW of production, no numbers.

Each of its 174 turbines will measure 623 feet (190m) high and are being made at the Siemens factory in Hull.
The factory is not at full production yet.

For some reason Scotland is getting them from the others side of the world.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

offog

LE
Delivered by diesel-driven ships? How ecological!!!!
I think sail would be too expensive as you would need a larger crew and staying on station as you uploaded may be difficult. We would also need to build a factory to build the sailing ships and a school to teach the crew how to sail them.
;)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I think sail would be too expensive as you would need a larger crew and staying on station as you uploaded may be difficult. We would also need to build a factory to build the sailing ships and a school to teach the crew how to sail them.
;)
Well the eco warriors would be happy,!!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh my, on local news magic grandad visiting the former power station at Fawley, now a staging post for wind turbine blades coming on barges from the factory on the Isle of Wight. His statement when being interviewed was that a labour government would have a nationalised wind turbine production factory. Nationalised, really. I wonder where the expertise to set this up is likely to come from?
More virtue-signalling - nice, cozy Labour will take care of the environment in a way those nasty Tories don’t.

Nationalisation of this would achieve nothing.

offog

LE
More virtue-signalling - nice, cozy Labour will take care of the environment in a way those nasty Tories don’t.

I seem to remember some years ago that Labour had a hard on because the Sheffield family (DC wife) was building wind farms on their land.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Nationalisation of this would achieve the implementation of dogma and tractor production would increase annually.
Fixed.

Not sure if Magic Grandpa intends to nationalize existing wind blade manufacturers or the government would set up their own factory from scratch? Nationalization policy will be extended to everything ?

Not sure if Magic Grandpa intends to nationalize existing wind blade manufacturers or the government would set up their own factory from scratch? Nationalization policy will be extended to everything ?
The impression I got (because he's always light on detail) was that the government would set up from scratch, hence my comment on where the expertise would come from.

To be fair the last lot to propose a final solution to the Jews were ahead of the curve on environmentalist policies, so maybe Labour will follow suit

philc

LE
This is Corbyn,s alternative queens speech, feel free to pick it apart for the total fairy fantasy tale it is.

Suffice to say the give away,s will be eye watering billions.
No problem, the funding will come from the magic money tree on Grandpa's allotment in Islington. Delivery will be interesting as most of said Magic Grandopa's front bech crew have never managed as much as a whelk stall in real life.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads