Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Although Corbyn and Co know the difference between Hamas and Hezbollah, I doubt if they could explain the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League.
These sports will be banned along with private schools, plus any other sport trhat can deliver an Olympic gold. Magic Granpa is on the side of the looser!

This.

Despite their professed crusading for the working class, Corbyn and his ilk actually despise them and are remarkably ignorant of them. They're just useful tools in the effort to bring down the state*.

*Assuming that they do as they're told and vote as desired. If not, they're just illiterate Nazis.
personally i dont think they despise them, i dont think many Labour MP's/MP's in general can relate to people at the bottom of society enough to think of them in the same way as their own social group.

i've always thought that they look at trying to help the lot of poor people as an exercise in animal husbandry.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
personally i dont think they despise them, i dont think many Labour MP's/MP's in general can relate to people at the bottom of society enough to think of them in the same way as their own social group.

i've always thought that they look at trying to help the lot of poor people as an exercise in animal husbandry.
Trust me. Once you get to the far left of the spectrum, there’s no empathy or sympathy. Everyone is just a pawn.

That’s not to say that there aren’t good Labour MPs out there who work for their constituents. But that’s not the Momentum lot.

Total codswallop from Corbyn again. Looking for an 'in' to the 'working class'. Desperate doesn't even come close.
Unfortunately some spastics will believe it.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Total codswallop from Corbyn again. Looking for an 'in' to the 'working class'. Desperate doesn't even come close.
If he thinks football fans are working class, he is mistaken. Have you seen the price of season tickets for Premier League Clubs???

It's more like Animal Farm than animal husbandry surely

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
If he thinks football fans are working class, he is mistaken. Have you seen the price of season tickets for Premier League Clubs???
Yep, he's missed the working class football boat. Most top tier football is out of the price range of your working class fan nowadays. Ironically, those most likely to go are those middle class 'intelligentsia' who think 'footy' is cool, that is associated with Labour at the moment.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure there was a similar policy in Russian factories in the early days of communism. Certainly in the Red Army of Workers and Peasants the political officer would encourage soldiers to question, even disobey, orders from senior officers. He could even overrule the CO.
Wouldn't have tried that with Marshal Zhukov....:oops:

Yeo_Man

War Hero
There's not even a pretence sensible policies anymore. It's just full on Comunism.
We need a GE as soon as possible to get rid of the dead wood in parliament and make the politicians understand we are not all moonhowling extremists (that goes for all of them not just the commies)
I do wonder about Poundland Stalin’s reluctance to agree to a GE, anything to do with the need to prepare the general public through; XR protest, negative reporting on opposition and Identity/minority policy etc

YM

Yep, he's missed the working class football boat. Most top tier football is out of the price range of your working class fan nowadays. Ironically, those most likely to go are those middle class 'intelligentsia' who think 'footy' is cool, that is associated with Labour at the moment.
During the 'Cool Britannia' phase of the Grinning Spivs New Labour were not MP's and his front bench told to identify with and be seen with a football team?

The way it's going, the sooner they become the niche party of middle class Marxists and Mujahedeen the better.
This isn't the Labour Party as anyone would recognise it - it's driven by fringe extremists now.

Shame on ANY Labour MPs that believe they can still influence it from within if they're not part of either of those factions.

Ah, but then 'power' (their personal power - not on anyone elses behalf).
Simple maths, even Diane could work it out. More Muslims than Indians and spread over more constituencies in significant voting numbers. Added bonus, no Sikh has ever vowed to eradicate Judaism, cleanse the world permanently of Jews and remove Israel as a nation state from both the map and history. They’ll also need to up their game in outraging the indigenous population by demanding everything for nothing and blowing up some kids and mowing down a few tourists before they register on Corbyn &Co’s Worthy Cause DILLIGAFOMETER.

I'm sure there was a similar policy in Russian factories in the early days of communism. Certainly in the Red Army of Workers and Peasants the political officer would encourage soldiers to question, even disobey, orders from senior officers. He could even overrule the CO.
Not so after the end of 1941.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Simple maths, even Diane could work it out. More Muslims than Indians and spread over more constituencies in significant voting numbers. Added bonus, no Sikh has ever vowed to eradicate Judaism, cleanse the world permanently of Jews and remove Israel as a nation state from both the map and history. They’ll also need to up their game in outraging the indigenous population by demanding everything for nothing and blowing up some kids and mowing down a few tourists before they register on Corbyn &Co’s Worthy Cause DILLIGAFOMETER.
Muslim population of the UK is 4.4%. Their influence outside of a handful of constituencies is negligible in terms of MPs winning seats. The fact that so many MPs/parties expend so much effort pandering to such a small minority is far more likely to alienate the majority. Something that is likely to boost TBP at a GE held in the near future. In Labour's northern heartlands very few would vote for the conservative party BUT TBP may well pick up a significant share of the vote, and possibly a fair few MPs in those constituencies due to the current Labour leadership.

Muslim population of the UK is 4.4%. Their influence outside of a handful of constituencies is negligible in terms of MPs winning seats. The fact that so many MPs/parties expend so much effort pandering to such a small minority is far more likely to alienate the majority. Something that is likely to boost TBP at a GE held in the near future. In Labour's northern heartlands very few would vote for the conservative party BUT TBP may well pick up a significant share of the vote, and possibly a fair few MPs in those constituencies due to the current Labour leadership.
The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population). 76,737 Muslims live in Scotland (1.45%), 45,950 in Wales (1.50%). London has the greatest population of Muslims in the country.
North West England: 356,458
Greater London: 1,012,823

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
The vast majority of Muslims in the United Kingdom live in England: 2,660,116 (5.02% of the population). 76,737 Muslims live in Scotland (1.45%), 45,950 in Wales (1.50%). London has the greatest population of Muslims in the country.
North West England: 356,458
Greater London: 1,012,823
So about 14% in London and 5% in North West. That's more or less negligible other than being grouped in a handful of constituencies. And therefore negligible for the majority of the 650 seats contested at a general election.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Muslim population of the UK is 4.4%. Their influence outside of a handful of constituencies is negligible in terms of MPs winning seats.
It depends how many times they vote judging by previous efforts in East London.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads