Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Yes, as I stated in my post. Nobody I have spoke to even mentions him just their party voting intentions which are either Tory or TBP.
Apologies for my oversight.
After what Austin said to Liz McInnes it'll be a shame if he didn't get an opportunity to redress.
She's a remainer representing a 60% leave constituency - I hope he does remind her voters.

I remember seeing Corbyn wax lyrical about 'when he worked on the farm'.
Im not sure though what he did on the farm, or quite how ling he worked there. :)

I remember seeing Corbyn wax lyrical about 'when he worked on the farm'.
Im not sure though what he did on the farm, or quite how ling he worked there. :)

Perhaps he meant Broadwater farm, and the work was against our oppressors.
Animal Farm surely, Napoleon.

Despite scoring two grade-E A-levels and failing a third, Corbyn had landed a Voluntary Overseas Service (VSO) placement to teach geography at Kingston College, an elite school. Ever since, he has said those “two years were really a defining moment in my life”.

philc

LE
Despite scoring two grade-E A-levels and failing a third, Corbyn had landed a Voluntary Overseas Service (VSO) placement to teach geography at Kingston College, an elite school. Ever since, he has said those “two years were really a defining moment in my life”.
Well he is right, he developed a taste for some of the West Indies finest exports, Ms Abbott.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
JC's playing with the SNP indicates that he has entirely given up on Labour in Scotland.

Meanwhile if he alienates the dim fools in N England who always vote Labour because their dad did, he's really had it.

JC's playing with the SNP indicates that he has entirely given up on Labour in Scotland.

Meanwhile if he alienates the dim fools in N England who always vote Labour because their dad did, he's really had it.
He's still got the metropolitan woke vote, and the postal voting demographic

Some believe Boris Johnson is skating very near and perhaps over the edge of Parliamentary Procedure and the Law however if ever the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell get anywhere near the corridors of power I have a fear Johnson's actions will pale into insignificance as they use all means possible to retain that power .

Last edited:
Apologies for my oversight.
After what Austin said to Liz McInnes it'll be a shame if he didn't get an opportunity to redress.
She's a remainer representing a 60% leave constituency - I hope he does remind her voters.
Mr Austin, would be one of the few MPs I'd consider putting my mark against his name. The way he laid into Corbyn and his cronies, just showed there are some MPs with integrity.
But because of the state of the Labour shadow cabinet, he's got more chance of having oral sex with the Pope.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Mr Austin, would be one of the few MPs I'd consider putting my mark against his name. The way he laid into Corbyn and his cronies, just showed there are some MPs with integrity.
But because of the state of the Labour shadow cabinet, he's got more chance of having oral sex with the Pope.
Trotskyism comes to mind where what still calls itself Labour is involved.

Mind it would be interesting to watch the Trotskyists and Nationalists fighting it out.

Last edited:
Some believe Boris Johnson is skating very near and perhaps over the edge of Parliamentary Procedure and the Law however if ever the likes of Corbyn and McDonnell get anywhere near the seats of power I have a fear Johnson's actions will pale into insignificance as they use all means possible to retain that power .
Interesting, resort to law could be used against extreme Marxist government, then it would be posh, Jooz, Judges to replaced by representative of the worker's?

offog

LE
He's still got the metropolitan woke vote, and the postal voting demographic
Although it may appear that postal voting has been corrupted and that some parties are benefiting more than others, in reality it will have very little influence on the out come. A quick look at majorities in urban areas where Labour hold the seat the majority is most often 10k+ and in many 20k+. An extra 2K of votes will not influence the outcome much. This is the point that newish Labour and Momentum can't get through there thick heads, increasing your majority may look good on paper but seats matter.

9 Jun 2017 - Jeremy Corbyn has increased Labour's share of the vote by more than any other of the party's election leaders since 1945. Labour's proportion of the vote grew 9.6 per cent in Thursday's poll — the biggest swing since Clement Attlee shortly after the Second World War.
One shining light on the future vote is that Dent with a majority of 20 will probably be gone as many who may have voted for her have now moved onto other areas. The SNP are not looking too good either.
1568289429434.png

1568289369035.png

Although it may appear that postal voting has been corrupted and that some parties are benefiting more than others, in reality it will have very little influence on the out come. A quick look at majorities in urban areas where Labour hold the seat the majority is most often 10k+ and in many 20k+. An extra 2K of votes will not influence the outcome much. This is the point that newish Labour and Momentum can't get through there thick heads, increasing your majority may look good on paper but seats matter.

One shining light on the future vote is that Dent with a majority of 20 will probably be gone as many who may have voted for her have now moved onto other areas. The SNP are not looking too good either.
View attachment 416556

View attachment 416555
Good post, thanks.
It's worth remembering that at the 2017 GE, Labour ran on a ticket of respecting the referendum result and I believe that kept a significant number of Labour leave voters voting for them and splitting the Leave vote. The tables have now turned and I do believe that they will get trounced at the next GE, losing votes to the LibDems and the Tories.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads