Comrade Corbyn to the fore - whither (or wither) the Labour Party?

Londo

LE
Indeed, and ironically remind me which party passed the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005 which ordained Parliament a designated place under s128 - with enhanced powers of arrest for tresspass?

Do as We Say (Sing?) not as We Do.
I did notice in the video clip of that disgusting scene where that ginger bearded drama queen threw himself onto Bercow's lap and Dawn Butler was helping him , her back was to the camera . First time Iv'e seen her from behind and what a behind it was . In fact a bigger behind than Dianne Abbots . I did not believe that possible to be honest .

How this got past the BBC censors I'll never know

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer

Newsnight on the occasions I watch it (admittedly rare these days) was always better balanced. Their approach seemed to be to stick the knife in any and all politicians and twist. As it should be. But that clip was incredibly telling... The working class for the most part no longer trusts Labour. The party that wins them at the next election will be winning an landslide. As Mrs. Thatcher did. Something far too many of the tattinger Trotskyite now leading Labour have never forgiven them for...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Newsnight on the occasions I watch it (admittedly rare these days) was always better balanced. Their approach seemed to be to stick the knife in any and all politicians and twist. As it should be. But that clip was incredibly telling... The working class for the most part no longer trusts Labour. The party that wins them at the next election will be winning an landslide. As Mrs. Thatcher did. Something far too many of the tattinger Trotskyite now leading Labour have never forgiven them for...
Taittinger Trotskyite. I am stealing that.

It's not only property that's theft!

philc

LE

About the only Labour voter was the bloke that looked like he was on the rock an roll, the rest just normal working bods, who knows whats next.

And for those of us with ad blockers?
Lifelong Labour voters in Grimsby saying they're going to vote for the Conservatives even though their fathers fathers father voted Labour

ging-gwar

Old-Salt
Lifelong Labour voters in Grimsby saying they're going to vote for the Conservatives even though their fathers fathers father voted Labour
Same here in Dudley, Ian Austin’s days are numbered even as an independent - people just want brexit done, and they don’t think the brexit party could deliver anything but JC into power, they are seriously worried.

Basic message for Labour, be afraid, very afraid of a GE, you are going to get a fcuking of epic proportions..
It's still to play for though, there is going to be a surge of Labour remain voters to the Liberal Democrats

So Labour getting squeezed by the Conservatives, SNP, Liberal Democrats and the Brexit Party is likely, who will end up in government though is still to play for but most like the Conservatives or some kind of coalition

I really can't see Labour winning enough seats to have a majority on their own, their postal voting fraud machine would have to go into hyperdrive

Same here in Dudley, Ian Austin’s days are numbered even as an independent - people just want brexit done, and they don’t think the brexit party could deliver anything but JC into power, they are seriously worried.
You know he's Independent, no longer Labour and that he's pro Leave?

Obviously regardless of whether you're remain or leave I reckon there'll be more tactical voting in the next GE

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
It's still to play for though, there is going to be a surge of Labour remain voters to the Liberal Democrats

So Labour getting squeezed by the Conservatives, SNP, Liberal Democrats and the Brexit Party is likely, who will end up in government though is still to play for but most like the Conservatives or some kind of coalition

I really can't see Labour winning enough seats to have a majority on their own, their postal voting fraud machine would have to go into hyperdrive
And if Boris Johnson is not leading the Conservatives at the next election they'll also be destroyed- one of the reasons the scale of the revolt was such a surprise to me. MPs used to know which way the wind was blowing, and it's hard to keep your snout in the trough without a seat. Who but Boris could lead them to electoral victory? Spreadsheet Phil couldn't lead a pissed-up weedgie to a bottle of Buckie. With Boris at the helm I could forsee Conservatives and TBP winning almost 400 seats if we haven't Brexited by the next GE. With anyone but Boris? All I'll predict is riots.

If you take that clip as the feeling in their heartland, I think they have major problems.

It reality it is all to play for, the Tories should be the biggest party by miles based on trying to honour the referendum, with the other 4, LD, SNP, TBP & Lab sharing the rest. Labour are going to be the big losers as you say, squeezed on all sides. Good job Steptoe :clap:

I was concerned re an unholy alliance between Lab, LD & SNP, but they’ll never agree past Brexit. Worst case is we have a period of instability in govt whilst it finds its new level. Personally I’m all for giving wee jimmy another go & chinning of Scotland, we would then be a nice stable right of centre country.

offog

LE

For Grimsby Onn has been seen as a good egg and she has done a number of good things for the constituency. She has been a member of the front bench but resigned because of Corbyn so that's in her favor but what she was an EU supporter but following the vote is on record saying we must adhere to what the people voted for. It will be a close call for her because she has only a two and a half k majority.

If momentum get in and she is deselected then they've lost the seat.

As to postal voting this is a urban problem where labour tend to be strong and adding a couple of thousand to a majority in the great scheme of things won't affect match.

ging-gwar

Old-Salt
You know he's Independent, no longer Labour and that he's pro Leave?

Obviously regardless of whether you're remain or leave I reckon there'll be more tactical voting in the next GE
Yes, as I stated in my post. Nobody I have spoke to even mentions him just their party voting intentions which are either Tory or TBP.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jumpinjarhead US 59
Oddbod Old & Bold 2
Le_addeur_noir The Intelligence Cell 83

Latest Threads